IGNORED

Who managed to quit smoking? or is trying to quit?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

@Anne2 PS: Some ppl do find vaping instead, helps the quitting process.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings farouk

Cigarette smoking is a lust of the flesh,bondage like any other bondage.Anyone who has had any kind of addiction would attest to that....being Born Again Does not mean you do not still struggle with the flesh,there must be a Renewing of the mind- it's a process,can you relinquish your possessions,your wants,desires? No? Then they possess you .... The flesh is a funny thing BUT we are More than Conquerors in Christ Jesus

Now ,I've not read all these pages but no doubt there are plenty of Testimonies about the instant Deliverance of a spirit of addiction- poof,just like that! And yes indeed,I can confirm that,God is Able 

I didn't start smoking until well after high school,I was athletic,not interested or tempted-I have no idea how or when I became a real smoker but I did,from a cigarette here & there,maybe one a week to one a day & finally a 2 pack a day chimney

One day I prayed Deliverance & poof,God Removed the taste from my mouth,just that simple....then 3 yrs later my Dad died & the 1st thing I did was buy a pack of cigarettes,positive I'd quite after I returned home from the funeral(NY)- never happened. 

I prayed n prayed & one night I Heard the Lord tell me " No"...." I already Gave you that GIFT & you took it for granted,this time you will have to work for it & I will Help you....Hmm? Next day I had breakfast with a Sister & she said" I don't know how to tell you or if I should". She began by saying" I always pray you be Delivered of..   and I said" I know,I know,He Told you NO".  My friend was in shock because the Lord Told her not to pray that but to pray for my desire to quit & strength!!!!

It's been a struggle forever since,I'm still tempted till this day even though it's been years...   Anyway,don't ever think lightly of your Deliverances,remain Grateful, Amazed and know what a Precious Gift it is to be FREE in Christ,never take anything for granted❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings farouk

Cigarette smoking is a lust of the flesh,bondage like any other bondage.Anyone who has had any kind of addiction would attest to that....being Born Again Does not mean you do not still struggle with the flesh,there must be a Renewing of the mind- it's a process,can you relinquish your possessions,your wants,desires? No? Then they possess you .... The flesh is a funny thing BUT we are More than Conquerors in Christ Jesus

Now ,I've not read all these pages but no doubt there are plenty of Testimonies about the instant Deliverance of a spirit of addiction- poof,just like that! And yes indeed,I can confirm that,God is Able 

I didn't start smoking until well after high school,I was athletic,not interested or tempted-I have no idea how or when I became a real smoker but I did,from a cigarette here & there,maybe one a week to one a day & finally a 2 pack a day chimney

One day I prayed Deliverance & poof,God Removed the taste from my mouth,just that simple....then 3 yrs later my Dad died & the 1st thing I did was buy a pack of cigarettes,positive I'd quite after I returned home from the funeral(NY)- never happened. 

I prayed n prayed & one night I Heard the Lord tell me " No"...." I already Gave you that GIFT & you took it for granted,this time you will have to work for it & I will Help you....Hmm? Next day I had breakfast with a Sister & she said" I don't know how to tell you or if I should". She began by saying" I always pray you be Delivered of..   and I said" I know,I know,He Told you NO".  My friend was in shock because the Lord Told her not to pray that but to pray for my desire to quit & strength!!!!

It's been a struggle forever since,I'm still tempted till this day even though it's been years...   Anyway,don't ever think lightly of your Deliverances,remain Grateful, Amazed and know what a Precious Gift it is to be FREE in Christ,never take anything for granted❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

@kwikphilly Glad you were able to quit.

Thanks for your helpful post!

• Praise God! 1

On 4/5/2023 at 1:10 PM, FJK said:

Ever hear that song "Lonesome Valley"?

@FJK I take your point about the decision of the individual.

15 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings farouk

I was athletic,not interested ..-I have no idea how or when I became a real smoker but I did

@kwikphilly PS: Funny that you don't remember how it started...

Anyway, you've stopped and I'm sure you're thankful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Just now, farouk said:

@kwikphilly PS: Funny that you don't remember how it started...

Anyway, you've stopped and I'm sure you're thankful.

Lol,Hard to recall minor details of 4 decades ago. It was after my son was born,I'd imagine becoming slightly domesticated might have something to do with it:noidea:  I don't recall

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Lol,Hard to recall minor details of 4 decades ago. It was after my son was born,I'd imagine becoming slightly domesticated might have something to do with it:noidea:  I don't recall

Well maybe in those defining circumstances you instinctively thought you could use a hit from an inhale (or two); IDK...

• Haha 1

Hi @killiekrankie FYI................any wisdom for the topic?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, farouk said:

Hi @killiekrankie FYI................any wisdom for the topic?

I had an Aunt who gave up smoking.  If someone can kick the habit for any length of time the benefits are real and obvious.  Financial, you save the high cost of tobacco.  Health, fitness improves once you kick it.  Social, you don't reek of tobacco.  God Bless :)  

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, killiekrankie said:

I had an Aunt who gave up smoking.  If someone can kick the habit for any length of time the benefits are real and obvious.  Financial, you save the high cost of tobacco.  Health, fitness improves once you kick it.  Social, you don't reek of tobacco.  God Bless :)  

@killiekrankie Sounds good to me.........good reasons there to quit!

• Thumbs Up 1