IGNORED

WorthyNews:Biden Says He Wants Congress To Pass Gun Control In Lame-Duck Session

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Mine too,and my parents and theirs as well.... I remember my Grandpa referring to  President Eisenhower and President Truman and anyone who was POTUS at one time or another.....

I cant seem to get the Title of " President" out of my mouth when referencing biden,I lost respect with barrack  obiden  & feel the same when he took office as Joe obiden

You are making zero sense.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

You are making zero sense.

Blessings Jimmy B

Perhaps to YOU but I have no doubt many(if not all) understands exactly what I've said......I'm sorry you cannot understand what I've said but I really do not know how to be any clearer except in saying that you are mistaken in regards to the Title of President being used AFTER Potus finshes their term(s) in Office.....most people know this,its been explained to you very clearly by Jade

Secondly ,I'm merely commenting about how I 'feel" regarding showing respect for POTUS,I've been respectful all of my life whether I shared the same values & ideals of a President or not......sadly,I have zero respect for mr.obama & even less for mr.biden and I cannot bring myself to address either with the Title of "President"

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Jimmy B

Perhaps to YOU but I have no doubt many(if not all) understands exactly what I've said......I'm sorry you cannot understand what I've said but I really do not know how to be any clearer except in saying that you are mistaken in regards to the Title of President being used AFTER Potus finshes their term(s) in Office.....most people know this,its been explained to you very clearly by Jade

Secondly ,I'm merely commenting about how I 'feel" regarding showing respect for POTUS,I've been respectful all of my life whether I shared the same values & ideals of a President or not......sadly,I have zero respect for mr.obama & even less for mr.biden and I cannot bring myself to address either with the Title of "President"

You've been respectful all of your life whether you've shared the same values & ideals of a President or not, but you have "zero respect for mr.obama & even less for mr.biden"?  So which is it?  Are you respectful of the title of President or not?

Does this exist in your Bible? "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God." Romans 13:1  If so, why do you disrespect those two ex-Presidents?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

20 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

You've been respectful all of your life whether you've shared the same values & ideals of a President or not, but you have "zero respect for mr.obama & even less for mr.biden"?  So which is it?  Are you respectful of the title of President or not?

Does this exist in your Bible? "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God." Romans 13:1  If so, why do you disrespect those two ex-Presidents?

Jimmy,I'm not here to debate what I have to say just because you decide to nit-pick and thats what you are doing,this is about the 3rd time in just thus thread with what Ive posted-its very clear we do not share the same views but really ,who cares? I dont,you are entitled to vote for & support whomever you please & i certainly do not hold it against you "as a Christian" and try to sling Scripture at you,which would be pretty easy to do but I dont roll that way-politics is a care of the world & dont care much for it

If you want to throw verses of Scripture at someone it doesnt help to display the Love of Christ towards the Brethren

I pray for all unBelievers,that includes obama,biden & President Trump,I Love them all with the Love of Christ & pray their Salvation-however respect is earned

I respect all Governing Authority ,that means the laws put in place,not the individual persons..,,.,,and thats my 2 cents

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

15 hours ago, just_abc said:

hi Pat

I am a bit curious.... (well actually I am a lot curious  :b:  lol) ....

I am wondering.... what is the difference (if any)   between the definition of a representative democracy and the definition of a republic in the Usa / american english ?  

As an outsider who has never been to your country.... to me both definitions (in the Usa) seem possibly very similar or almost identical maybe ?? :unsure:

Or am I mistaken I dunno.. :unsure:

Thanks.  

Broad definition but in a democracy everyone votes on everything. A representative democracy is similar to a republic in that people elect people to vote for them, but a lots still on the people. 

A republic almost entirely everything is voted on by the representatives, who are elected by the people and usually has more then one branch.

What sets america apart from most other governments, both republic and other forms is our constitution which limits (or at least is supposed to) the amount of power our government has and what it can or cannot do.