IGNORED

WorthyNews:Biden Says He Wants Congress To Pass Gun Control In Lame-Duck Session

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,182
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, other one said:

If you are in fear of your life and/or health, you don't give them time to turn to run away. 

Sure you do, when possible. 

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Sure you do, when possible. 

If you are genuinely in fear for your life, then they won't be running away. If they are still able enough to run away after my first shot, then they are more then welcome to consider themselves lucky.

If you have a chance to let them run away, then they were never a threat to begin with.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,182
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

If you are genuinely in fear for your life, then they won't be running away. If they are still able enough to run away after my first shot, then they are more then welcome to consider themselves lucky.

If you have a chance to let them run away, then they were never a threat to begin with.

I am glad you think you know every conceivable situation that can happen when defending your life with a gun, but I don't think you do. 

Thanks for the comment.  :mellow:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

We had no right to seek revenge.

I'm not talking about "revenge".  I'm talking about letting a child rapist escape.  You apparently would let them escape.  I would not.  

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

15 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

I'm not talking about "revenge".  I'm talking about letting a child rapist escape.  You apparently would let them escape.  I would not.  

Then you are commiting murder because you are killing him after the crime, not before or during. Killing someone while running away is murder and taking the law into your own hands. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In the news today ...

Chicago woman with concealed-carry license foils attempted carjacking by shooting man in head

Jon Brown

Sun, November 27, 2022 at 10:48 AM·2 min read

A 23-year-old woman with a concealed-carry permit defended herself against four armed men who attempted to carjack her last week on the South Side of Chicago.

The woman, who remains unidentified, was sitting in her car in the Calumet Heights neighborhood just after 2 a.m. on Wednesday near 89th Street and Kenwood Avenue when four men spilled out of a black sedan, according to a local CBS affiliate.

When one of the men attempted to open her car door while holding a gun, the woman shot the would-be carjacker in the head before running away from the car.

One of the other men reportedly shot her in the left arm, and she was later taken to Advocate Trinity Hospital in fair condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-woman-concealed-carry-license-174807246.html

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Then you are commiting murder because you are killing him after the crime, not before or during. Killing someone while running away is murder and taking the law into your own hands. 

So if a child rapist or a serial killer is running away and the only way to stop them from escaping and continuing their crimes is to shoot them, you believe that doing so is both illegal and immoral?  

I'll ask you again, since you declined to answer previously, do you believe it was immoral to kill Osama Bin Laden?  

50 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

So if a child rapist or a serial killer is running away and the only way to stop them from escaping and continuing their crimes is to shoot them, you believe that doing so is both illegal and immoral?  

I'll ask you again, since you declined to answer previously, do you believe it was immoral to kill Osama Bin Laden?  

I did not see your question earlier about bin laden. 

That was the military event which is not the same as a private citizen taking the law into their own hands and killing someone who is no longer a threat to themselves. That (private citizen shooting someone running away) is against the law. The attack on bin laden was part of the war against terrorism and legal. 

As for a serial killer, that too unfortunately my family has had experience with. My sister in law (other side of the family) was a victim of a serial rapist/killer. His death ended up being a crime as well, but not at the hands of my family. 

56 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

Please show me where you initially asked me this question. I still cant find it.

29 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

That was the military event which is not the same as a private citizen taking the law into their own hands and killing someone who is no longer a threat to themselves.

Killing is killing and it's either moral or immoral.  In any event, you and I will simply have to disagree on the concept of permitting child rapists and serial killers to escape, but I do appreciate your perspective and thank you for sharing it.  :t2: