Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

That's what Vincente Gigante is alleged to have told a federal prison healthcare worker shortly before he died, according to a book about him called "The Chin".  Nowhere does the book say that Gigante expressed remorse for his countless murders, let alone repent.  His statement is astonishing to me.  It's amazing to me that one can consider themself to be a man of God while living a life of extreme evil.  

5 hours ago, Not of the World said:

That's what Vincente Gigante is alleged to have told a federal prison healthcare worker shortly before he died, according to a book about him called "The Chin".  Nowhere does the book say that Gigante expressed remorse for his countless murders, let alone repent.  His statement is astonishing to me.  It's amazing to me that one can consider themself to be a man of God while living a life of extreme evil.  

God will forgive and God will judge.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he got saved  or maybe he was just  religious.  Religion is very dangerous because it gives people a false sense of security  for following certain man made rules eg catholic dogma and creeds while not actually caring about what God would have them do (as shown in the bible)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

Deathbed conversions are biblical as evidenced by the thief in the cross.  If he really did accept the gift of salvation,  then no matter what evil he committed,  he is in Heaven. We should rejoice when ANYONE gets saved,  no matter who they are or what they've done. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Only the Lord and the individual knows. There is an interesting story about the conversion of infamous Jeffrey Dahmer in prison.

• Interesting! 1