IGNORED

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Guest sallystrothers

Guest sallystrothers
Hollywood and I was curious as to what would be the tale.  Some Christians can view things like this and be "alright" with it, other can't.  Either way, the usual Hollywood tripe was in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems as though Hollywood has run out of ideas on how to finalize the horror in horror movies. Doors flying open, glasses falling off tables, chairs whirling around in air. Things like that are more humorous to me then scary.

But the more subtile things like the whispering in the cell next to the pastor as the attorney walks near are what really get me.

I did have a friend back in college that was alone in the dorms when everyone was gone for the weekend. He woke up suddenly with something massive pressing down on his chest. He said it was so strong he could not even speak, unable even to mutter words of Christ.

After a minute or so he finally croaked out "Jesus", then said it again, and again, and again until finally the force released him.

This friend was (and is) an amazing man of God, both as a youth pastor and the leader of the school's Christian organization.

Guest sallystrothers
I used to visit a specialty shop often and knew the owner.  He said, "I've got some new pink legs in that are very docile, second generation captives.  You should pick on up like I showed you and try it".  I went to the glass and looked and there in one of the tanks was these reddish, pinkish, huge spiders, with lots of hair and just huge fangs.  I open the top and placed my finger on its back. It hissed louder than a truck, and reared, so I yelled, "Hey, do these things bite?  Its hissing like the dickens!" and he yelled back (still in the back handling the new boas) "They might hiss a little, but they don't bite - they can, but they don't."

I went ahead and picked it up.  I knew Ron for years, he never lied to me.  I placed it on my arm because the thing was huge - too big for my hand.  It was pissed and reared and hissed, but just calmed down eventually.  It was boring.  Sitting there.  Ron came back and frooze and the look on his face made me nbearly cry (a full grown man, who is very allergic to wasp venom, you see my point?).  He said, softly, "Dave... I want you to lower you arm to the counter and let me get it off you."  I did, and the thing walked off on its own.  Ron used a small carrier to catch it (it sat there), and he put it back in the tank.  He then looked at me and said, "Dave, that's a babboon.  Its not nice and its bite can be deadly.  The pinks are over there."  The sad part is that moments later I had to run outside as I convulsed (you know what I mean) from the stress suddenly coming over me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol!!! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

It seems as though Hollywood has run out of ideas...

I'm not even going to address the rest of what you wrote, because this piece is so true.

Has anyone else noticed that Hollywood is either rehashing old stuff or producing garbage?

What happened to Sgt York?!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Oh, then if Nebula is talking to me he/she is mistaken.  I have experienced more than most should.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She.

I don't understand . . . if you have been through demonic encounters, how can you come across sounding insensitive to people who are . . .

And if how you came across was not how you intended, would you please clarify?

Guest georgek
Why would a christian even want to see this movie  regardless of what your freind wants??

Do not plan on seeing it 

In Christ

IreneM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this also apply to Wallace and Grommit and "The Return Of The Wererabbit?

So sad

I am orf

Georgek

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

And spiders.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Nebula, please read this as it will probably explain a lot more. Its long, I know. I promise I will never ask you to read anything that long again.

So now, once you read that, you wanted to know how can I be insensitive to people who have lived through demonic possession? Well, I'm not. I neither pity them or worship them or place them in any special catagory other than beloved fellow Christian (if they are such). It simply doesn't bother me as it might others. Demonic possession usually removes the person from the encounter, few are ever aware of what happens and have to be told or view/hear recordings. Should we sympathize with someone we share no common experience with on the matter? No. We can empathize though.

I feel that if your walk is strong you can view such things without fear or without compromising your faith. For some, they feel their walk is strong, but they choose not to risk it. That's ok too. Everyone has their level of comfort as someone so eloquently stated.

Myself, I can do many things because I have been places I never want to traverse again and in faith I never will.

If you've had to live through such things and can't view these sorts of things, then you have to do what's within your personal level of tolerance. Only you know what that is. I don't think any less of you if you can't do as I do, as one put it 'walking through temptation', because for each of us there is always one thing that Satan can use to hit us harder than a truck. I've got mine, you've got yours. Mine is just a little easier for me to avoid. Not fully avoidable, mind you (I wish, but I'm working on it), but its thankfully something I can usually stop. Weeee!

Sometimes. :)

Just a general comment:

If you want to learn about spiritual warfare, I suggest the book "Pigs in the Parlour" by Frank and Ida Mae Hammond. It is available at most Christian bookstores, and also online.

I can't imagine anything more unlikely than a Roman Catholic priest casting out demons (personal perspective).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

can't imagine anything more unlikely than a Roman Catholic priest casting out demons (personal perspective).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now now...God will work through and give grace to whomever He pleases.

Guest sallystrothers
Dude - you don't know what terror is until you've lived it.  Do you know what it is to "feel" fear the same way you "feel' cold - where fear isn't a reaction but a presence?  If you are blessed enough to never have such an experience, great.  But please don't get some cocky attitude about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had this feeling.

So strong at one point that I even carried a gun around with me for a little while. I even slept with one eye open at times, which really wasnt even sleep at all.