• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.78
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Roymond said:

That's all that asking Mary to do so is, the difference being shes in Heaven.

I believe that Mary is in Heaven.  I believe that Mary is a faithful follower of God and that she has been richly rewarded in her Heavenly estate.  No where in the Bible, however, does Jesus (or anyone else) tell us to pray to Mary or to any other dead person.  In fact, Jesus doesn't even tell us to pray to HIM but, rather, our Father in Heaven.  

I'm willing to be persuaded that I should pray to Mary, but you'll have to show me in the Bible where it tells us to do so.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

@Roymond If you are Catholic is useless for you and me to debate on most theology topics. Especially Mary.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,530
  • Content Per Day:  2.69

In her own words: Luke 1:47 (KJV) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary is an all: Romans 3:23 (KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Has anyone ever pondered the situation of parenting a perfect child who never disobeyed and never sinned? Joseph & Mary knew who this 1st born Child was.

Children back then could not be much different from today. They would have disobeyed their parents and got punished and corrected for their mistakes and attitude. Jesus’s half-brother and sisters would have been no different from any other Jewish family of the time.

What would Jesus’s siblings think of Him never getting corrected and disciplined? Is that favoritism, a can do no wrong child, as we say today? Did Mary and-or Joseph sit down and explain anything to their other children? We are not told, but it is interesting to think about.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

In her own words: Luke 1:47 (KJV) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary is an all: Romans 3:23 (KJV) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Has anyone ever pondered the situation of parenting a perfect child who never disobeyed and never sinned? Joseph & Mary knew who this 1st born Child was.

Children back then could not be much different from today. They would have disobeyed their parents and got punished and corrected for their mistakes and attitude. Jesus’s half-brother and sisters would have been no different from any other Jewish family of the time.

What would Jesus’s siblings think of Him never getting corrected and disciplined? Is that favoritism, a can do no wrong child, as we say today? Did Mary and-or Joseph sit down and explain anything to their other children? We are not told, but it is interesting to think about.

Jesus was the perfect child. Joseph and Mary had other children after Jesus was born. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The convolutions involved in reconciling Mary calling her Son her Savior with the notion that she was sinless are mind-boggling, and are something that never would have come about except that the Roman church tried to force the scriptures to fit Aristotelian philosophy.