IGNORED

What are we seeking? Where is our focus?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What are we seeking? Where is our focus?

Most of the people look on normal to spend days, weeks, months, caring about only the things of these world. Nonetheless, see what Paul said:

•    Col 3:1-3 -> “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”.

We should be engrossed on the things of heaven. For you taking in this:

-    One thing is we take heed only in the circumstances that circumscribe us and seek in Jesus what is necessary to surmount it, as if the objective is only learn from Christ how powerful He is and that He is at our side in all circumstances. Although this can be important,
-    Other different thing is we fix our eyes in Christ (Heb 12:2) and in what He conquered for us (1Cor 2:9; Eph 1:3; 2Pet 1:3), that is to say, focus on the virtues of the Holy Spirit (shown in His fruit – Gal 5:22), in the beauty of His holiness and purity (Ps 29:2; 96:9), and yearn for these things in our life, to the point of cope with all the circumstances that Jesus brings to us making use only of His Power and Word (see Zec 4:6).

In other words, each circumstance pass to be considered an opportunity to have intimacy with Jesus, contemplate Him using His Power to confirm His Word and grant us victory, making us increase in the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Saying this of other way, we should ask: what can I learn of Jesus and have of His character ingrafted in me through what I am going through?

It’s good to recollect what Jesus said:

•    Mat 6:19-21 -> “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”.

So, have a good day being able to see the richness of Jesus’ grace, to the point of considering them an excellent treasure to be sought out and laid up in heaven. From this moment, your heart will stay in heaven forever and ever and, thereby, you will be free of the curse of the sin (Rom 6:23).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,584
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I don't know what "we" are seeking as an entity called Christians. I do know that I sought nothing of God whatsoever, yet  because some prayed to God in my behalf I was turned about to receive Him, to know Yeshua as my Lord, to have the Holy Spirit indwell. Since that moment I have not so much sought out God, but instead have been led into and onto what God has willed for me.

When I feel like I need to "seek out" I often find I seek what I will for myself. Better that I do not do that, and instead wait upon God than to go on ahead  in my own will, far better.

What works for others may be very different. I find I am in need of quiet patience and to just study or really not even study so much as read for the pleasure of it, the word of God, and then let the Holy Spirit lead at God the father's, timing. That lead has been to some rather amazing reveals of our Lord and savior Yeshua my hope certain. By the Holy Spirit the word read comes to mind at the time  proper for it's application.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I don't know what "we" are seeking as an entity called Christians. I do know that I sought nothing of God whatsoever, yet  because some prayed to God in my behalf I was turned about to receive Him, to know Yeshua as my Lord, to have the Holy Spirit indwell. Since that moment I have not so much sought out God, but instead have been led into and onto what God has willed for me.

When I feel like I need to "seek out" I often find I seek what I will for myself. Better that I do not do that, and instead wait upon God than to go on ahead  in my own will, far better.

What works for others may be very different. I find I am in need of quiet patience and to just study or really not even study so much as read for the pleasure of it, the word of God, and then let the Holy Spirit lead at God the father's, timing. That lead has been to some rather amazing reveals of our Lord and savior Yeshua my hope certain. By the Holy Spirit the word read comes to mind at the time  proper for it's application.

@Neighbor Your post reminds me that it is by the Holy Spirit the believer cries 'Abba, Father' (Romans 8), and is thus led in dependent service and obedience.

Often I think also of Hebrews 7.25, about One Who - now the believer's risen High Priest passed into the heavens - 'ever liveth to make intercession for His pilgrim people.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,584
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Yes Romans 8 contains what I have found to be foundational belief for myself, that being Romans 8:28-31. It provides me with the confidence to  await God's lead in my own life; keeps me out of much excess troubles of my own making.