farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 PS: You can see also why a lot of Christians think a tattooed Scripture verse can function as a daily challenge for meditation and conversation....

4 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Not being rude, I’m lost in understanding.

Am I supposed to 😂🤣

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Thanks; we were just talking on the other thread about the fact that day by day the experience of reading and meditating on Scripture is so practical....so having a favorite verse tattooed there all the time can be a practical reminder and witness tool - a lot of Christians who have it done think so, anyway........

5 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Oh right, now I understand, interesting, I have no tattoos, I would liked to have had one done, unfortunately I’m on blood thinners, so, unable to,..I have ear piercings though.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Yes, for a lot of Christians it's thought to be a really nice experience to have, with a tattoo - maybe a Bible verse or ref. - being inked in - sounds like you would really think so, too.

So did your doc/ tattoo artist actually tell you that you couldn't do it? because there is of course general advice, but also specific advice in individual cases, as to the strength of the blood thinners, size of the desired tattoo, etc....

3 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

My heart cardiologist said it’s a no,no,I wanted to have one that read, Jesus reigns in my heart, something like that, I remember a guy I once knew, had a tattoo that read, only Jesus can judge, on knuckles I believe, it’s a great constant reminder, that God is in control.

I love the sleeves on arms, some very gifted tattooists out there, when it’s done professionally.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Well, your cardiologist would know...

Yes, there is a lot of really fine artwork out there; and a lot of brave and confident ppl who are prepared to undergo sleeves; and sounds like in theory you would have been  brave enough, also.

Maybe, just maybe, your cardiologist was thinking about something like a sleeve that you wanted, when he said it was a no-no; whereas something like for example a little Christian fish sign <>< on a wrist would not remotely use as much ink as a sleeve and be all over in a few seconds.

(But best follow your cardiologist's specific advice, anyway.)

41 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

....so, unable to,..I have ear piercings though.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Well, if, indeed, it's a somewhat bigger tattoo with wording - rather than a tiny one - that you would desire and the cardiologist says no, sometimes ppl get a second ear piercing (lobe or cartilage), etc., as an alternative, if the style of these are appreciated as well.

9 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I have 4 piercings on my ears, two on each, I’m not brave enough to have the cartridge pierced, what about these tongue piercings then

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Sounds like with multiple earlobe piercings that you mention - especially if you keep them filled - you have already found a style that you're really pleased with so far. Seems that in theory you would get a tattoo and in theory you might get an extra ear piercing still but will not now get either. You mention tongue piercings also; the lady serving in my local Christian bookstore had one; it's a style that is quite widely appreciated also; if it's something that you've appreciated as a style or vaguely aspired to or considered, they would probably tell you at your local tattoo parlor that having a central placement and wearing acrylic balls on the barbell would likely avoid the tooth chipping that sometimes results with harder barbell balls; they would also likely recommend you a longer initial barbell and then after healing replace your longer barbell with a shorter one.  If more piercing of some sort is something that you would consider, it's really a matter of carefully researching and finding the style that you would be pleased with.

44 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

what about ....

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 Don't of course just take my word for it; talking directly without any obligation to a knowledgeable person at a parlor can be informative if the idea of some kind of further piercing is at all of interest. (In any case, it's like you've already to some extent faced inking/piercing talk from either Rosie, Jack or Pauline, at some stage or other...)

PS: @Rosie1jack2pauline3 So sorry about what you just posted about your recent atrial fibrillation-related stays in hospital...........

Yes..............I can see you really do need to take your cardiologist's advice about tattooing. Even though you might strongly want to get inked up with a faith-based design, yet of you are prone to those episodes, it's best to be very guarded and careful, right?

17 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Amen!....🙏💗

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 You might still be able to succeed in receiving a judiciously done piercing at a chosen placement, though.

On 12/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, kwikphilly said:

Oh absolutely - seeing the cross on his arm said to me that Jesus was the Most Important " Person" in his life- that is all I could ever hope for,for my own son❤️

@kwikphilly There's a logic to having inking and piercings done under the same roof, so to speak. Having ppl with both skillsets working in tattoo parlors does make sense.

And as you know, there's such a potential for faith based designs.