Hello

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I’m thinking with my situation this should be added to later as a work in progress. 

But, for starters:
I’m angry all the time.

Advice would be great, thank you all so much in advance!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Hello, Joe -

Let me say that you sound like my "brother from another mother".  I struggle with anger, too.  But then again, I struggle with anxiety and depression.

Here's a link to some basic causes and triggers of anger for people who seem to have chronic anger.

Why Am So I Angry for No Reason? 16 Possible Causes (medicinenet.com)

Maybe we could talk about it.

Jayne [your "sister from another mister"]

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Jayne said:

Hello, Joe -

Let me say that you sound like my "brother from another mother".  I struggle with anger, too.  But then again, I struggle with anxiety and depression.

Here's a link to some basic causes and triggers of anger for people who seem to have chronic anger.

Why Am So I Angry for No Reason? 16 Possible Causes (medicinenet.com)

Maybe we could talk about it.

Jayne [your "sister from another mister"]

Thank you!

I would really like to talk about this. Do you know about any healthy ways to release your anger? The only ways I know of right now are to lift weights and play engaging video games, but I haven't tried those yet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, joejkljkl said:

Thank you!

I would really like to talk about this. Do you know about any healthy ways to release your anger? The only ways I know of right now are to lift weights and play engaging video games, but I haven't tried those yet.

I like breathing techniques.  In and out slowly.  I like to turn on Youtube and to play music that I like - gospel, old stuff, new stuff, the oldies from my day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, joejkljkl said:

I’m thinking with my situation this should be added to later as a work in progress. 

But, for starters:
I’m angry all the time.

Advice would be great, thank you all so much in advance!

Hi, 

May I suggest that rather than try cold showers so to speak, you instead try to sort what anger is righteous within you  from what is not righteous anger but instead  becomes sin.

I do believe a technique to do so will involve some work, mental gymnastics, with a weight no heavier than a simple pencil dragged over common paper.

Look up Bible passages that  deal with anger, sorting out righteous anger from sinful anger. Then using cursive write out the verse from the overall passage, again and again memorizing it so that it is well imprinted and becomes another plate in the armor of God.

If a passage is a bit confusing, do take time to  investigate what others have determined it to mean, by using Bible Hub's expositions of verses of the Bible. A good start might include reading the presentation on anger at; 

https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-33-how-be-both-good-and-mad-ephesians-426-27  .

Then try the memorization with hand-mind coordination technique of writing out the verse you select to learn and have become  part of your personal armor (armament) from God, using cursive lettering as your "wite", rather than printing. The reason for that is it does train the mind better than printing does.

May God bless you in your efforts at taking control over anger.