• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

There were NO Christians when Jesus was manifest on earth as Messiah to Israel. Jesus is speaking to people UNDER the Law. We, the Body of Christ are NOT under the Law and are NOT the center of God`s word, Jesus is. We learn of His character and His purposes, but it is NOT all about us!

The NT says law will be written on the heart--meaning--Those who have the Love of the new covenant Jesus spoke of, their hearts wouldn't consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mate, having any other God before their face, etc,etc all the way down the line.

Few actually know what Jesus taught.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

45 minutes ago, 90kjw90 said:

The NT says law will be written on the heart--meaning--Those who have the Love of the new covenant Jesus spoke of, their hearts wouldn't consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mate, having any other God before their face, etc,etc all the way down the line.

I may be one of the few. My understanding is Jesus mainly done two things as far as teaching goes.. One was to go in the synagogue every sabbath and reason with an teach he was the One to Come. And show them about the NC because they were not able to follow the complete old Covenant properly. Seems they rejected both teachings. The second thing he did was to appoint and teach disciples to teach and spread the New Covenant and the New Laws because no one could abide by All the old Law properly. We should be Grateful that Jesus decided to give an easier way to get into Heaven than the Old Covenant.  Now the New Covenant is clear the old law and even the 10 commandments do not apply to the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is left in tact for those that wanted stay under it and follow all 613 laws. The New Covenant is not obligated  to follow any of the Old Law. That said many things in the Old Law is worth following by one heart not by obligation to the Old law.

I up for correction if needed.

Edited by coheir
add

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

On 1/17/2023 at 9:49 AM, 90kjw90 said:

None are born again that work iniquity=practice a sin.

What Matt 7:22-23 is showing= is no matter what you think you do for Jesus or are told you do for Jesus, if you practice a sin( work iniquity) you will lose.

Being proud that you don’t sin is also sin…

“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
— Luke 18:10-14

11 minutes ago, coheir said:

I may be one of the few. My understanding is Jesus mainly done two things as far as teaching goes.. One was to go in the synagogue every sabbath and reason with an teach he was the One to Come. And show them about the NC because they were not able to follow the complete old Covenant properly. Seems they rejected both teachings. The second thing he did was to appoint and teach disciples to teach and spread the New Covenant and the New Laws because no one could abide by All the old Law properly. We should be Grateful that Jesus decided to give an easier way to get into Heaven than the Old Covenant.  Now the New Covenant is clear the old law and even the 10 commandments do not apply to the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is left in tact for those that wanted stay under it and follow all 613 laws. The New Covenant is not obligated  to follow any of the Old Law. That said many things in the Old Law is worth following by one heart not by obligation to the Old law.

I up for correction if needed.

Coheir, I wouldn’t say it was a new way, but He made it clear through His teachings that no one by their own righteousness was righteous enough. Sorry to say, some still think they can pull it off.

2 minutes ago, chesed said:

Coheir, I wouldn’t say it was a new way, but He made it clear through His teachings that no one by their own righteousness was righteous enough. Sorry to say, some still think they can pull it off.

I don't under stand;; this;; I wouldn’t say it was a new way,

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

1 hour ago, 90kjw90 said:

When I see the phrase "few actually know what Jesus taught", the first thing that pops into my mind is: how do you what others know about Jesus' teaching?  Or are you positing yourself as the source of all truth and almost everyone else is stupid?

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, coheir said:

I don't under stand;; this;; I wouldn’t say it was a new way,

Did you say this in the third post from the top?..;

We should be Grateful that Jesus decided to give an easier way to get into Heaven than the Old Covenant.”

Edited by chesed

51 minutes ago, chesed said:

Did you say this in the third post from the top?..;

We should be Grateful that Jesus decided to give an easier way to get into Heaven than the Old Covenant.”

Yes I I said that. I do not think I could past the test under the OC OL. Now under the NC NL I honestly feel I have a good chance

1 hour ago, coheir said:

I do not think I could past the test under the OC OL. Now under the NC NL I honestly feel I have a good chance

What is OC OL/ NC NL? If it's what I think it is God's grace and faith have been in effect under both Covenants.

Edited by chesed

41 minutes ago, chesed said:

What is OC OL/ NC NL? If it's what I think it is God's grace and faith have been in effect under both Covenants.

I agree. I for one think I could not live properly under the Old Covenant and Old law I would fail miserably.