• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/3/2023 at 10:23 PM, Michael37 said:

Also you made an unfounded accusation against a brother in Christ, saying he was claiming to have gone to heaven when no such claim was made here.

I am glad you admit that "claiming to have gone to heaven" is a false teaching of Scripture.  Marathoner should have stated his statement had nothing to due with heaven per  Paul's explanation of Scripture.  A reasonable person would have believed Marathoner was talking of heaven.   I am glad I corrected you on this.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:23 PM, Michael37 said:

And here you are blaspheming, but perhaps you don't know that "Geez" is a derivative of Jesus.

Blaspheming is a transgression of the first commandment. (Claiming the to be God while human).   Using "geez"  is nonsensical here.   It has nothing to do with the first commandment. 

If "Geez" where such a transgression of the 10 commandments it would be the Second.  Misusing the name of God.  I don't understand why you can confuse the meaning of the first and second commandment.   Please elaborate why you be believe "Geez" is a transgression of the first commandment.

Jesus MAY have a word for you....."Judge not, lest ye be judge."  Isn't it true, you love to judge others, while making the mistake of the wrong commandment thereby the judgement you are judging them by is wrong. But it is joyful on your behalf?  I don't know your heart so I can't judge.  But you seem to know my heart and you do judge.

No apology is necessary but I hope you are capable of an apology.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Dead Orthodoxy said:

I am glad you admit that "claiming to have gone to heaven" is a false teaching of Scripture.  Marathoner should have stated his statement had nothing to due with heaven per  Paul's explanation of Scripture.  A reasonable person would have believed Marathoner was talking of heaven.   I am glad I corrected you on this.

Blaspheming is a transgression of the first commandment. (Claiming the to be God while human).   Using "geez"  is nonsensical here.   It has nothing to do with the first commandment. 

If "Geez" where such a transgression of the 10 commandments it would be the Second.  Misusing the name of God.  I don't understand why you can confuse the meaning of the first and second commandment.   Please elaborate why you be believe "Geez" is a transgression of the first commandment.

Jesus MAY have a word for you....."Judge not, lest ye be judge."  Isn't it true, you love to judge others, while making the mistake of the wrong commandment thereby the judgement you are judging them by is wrong. But it is joyful on your behalf?  I don't know your heart so I can't judge.  But you seem to know my heart and you do judge.

No apology is necessary but I hope you are capable of an apology.

Is saying 'OMG' or words like geez still taking the Lord’s name in vain? | GotQuestions.org

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

9 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Personally, I think we should pick each other up , is that judging?

None of us are perfect Michael.

I mean you said this on a topic, which I also found offensive..Holy Spirit isn’t an “ IT” he is a real person.

Along those lines the Holy Spirit doesn't need to give birth to Itself, which means . 

Have you checked the convention on possessive and reflexive pronouns?

The baby has hurt itself etc.

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Is saying 'OMG' or words like geez still taking the Lord’s name in vain? | GotQuestions.org

Any mere association is a real and absolute transgression of the  law for some people on WFC.

The similarity of "ge" and "Je" is what you think constitutes and Second Commandment transgression.

Nobody would make this association of "geez" and "Jesus" if the Spanish language were used.  As in "Hey" and "Ge."

The legalism here is one language is what language is used. 

Judge not lest ye be judged.  

But at least I corrected your belief that "Geez" is a first commandment transgression.

I will continue to use Geez in the sense as if I were using the Spanish language without using the Spanish language. 

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Have you checked the convention on possessive and reflexive pronouns?

The baby has hurt itself etc.

I have never heard of a baby hurting "itself."  Bad grammar.  Why would someone say something like this?

Seems like Michael37 is trying to distance himself of the HS being a person.  "Itself" has a connotation of the HS being some kind of force.  This historically is called  Macedonianism and it was condemned by the early church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

:off-topic:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Hey - I was reminded of this thread today (as many of us were gathered with our respective ekklesias) and wondered where we left it.  After some initial discussion around the main topic, "Is the Church Christ?" we then explored a few rabbit holes . . . (how unusual for us :wink_smile:)

Anybody else have anything concise with supporting scripture to share about whether they believe the church is Christ (or not)?

• 2 weeks later...

@Marathoner @Marilyn C @Your closest friendnt I read a devotional this morning and thought of posting it on this thread.  The thought is simple and is becoming more apparent to me as I walk with the Lord - when others see and touch the church, God's intention is they would see and touch Christ!  If the church is not the life of Christ dwelling in and through us, then what is it!!??

Here's the devotional, going into more detail about this relationship of Christ and the church:

The New Covenant Operating - June 3rd

The new covenant operating "Who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 2 Corinthians 3:6 The new covenant is based on the divine operation of the Lord's life in us related to everything in our living. We are enjoying Him--His very life and nature, His soul-life with His thoughts. As we merge with Him, we find that our spontaneous reactions become just Himself. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, and long-suffering. This is not something you are trying to be. It is something that has grown and manifested itself because you are dealing with the Spirit. Christ is operating and becoming the very content of the church in every member by our participation in His life--by eating His flesh, drinking His blood, staying before the tree of life. As we participate in Him, He operates. Apparently we are just common, ordinary people. Yet hidden within us is the divine life operating and the church becoming the expression of Christ Himself. This all happens by our participating in this Person.

In the new covenant God says, "I am going to write My laws within you." It is not going to be a ticker tape. It is not going to be something you read outside of you telling you to love the saints and to follow the Lord in your daily life. You are going to have an aversion within you to not touch that unclean thing. You yourself will have an aversion. That aversion is the work of Christ in your mind, in your emotion. Follow that feeling, follow that aversion. Just say "Amen." Just be one with that life, that little feeling of life. It is not a bolt of lightning. It is not going to overwhelm you. It is a little feeling of life. Follow that impulse. That is the new covenant operating in our being. And the more we follow the movement of God within us in our daily living--in our attitudes, in our thoughts - the more we are participating in Him. Then the church is just a Person. You meet a Person. You meet Christ in the saints.