apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

A prostitute walks into your church in the middle of a Sunday morning worship service. She is in her street garb so the clothing is quite revealing. She sits in the back of the church and tries to sit still so no one notices her. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?

A very well known and well respected member of the community decides to stop by church one day and sits in one of the pews. He's called an upstanding Christian, but lately some of his other business transactions (that are illegal) have been surfacing. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?

A middle class self-proclaimed skater punk walks in. For those not familiar with the stereotypical clothing, he is wearing a black t-shirt with black shorts that come down to mid shin. He has a beanie on his head and is pierced in both his ears, lip, and nose. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?

A very vocal homosexual activist walks into your church and sits down in the front row. He is there not to cause a commotion but to see what is said. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

A prostitute walks into your church in the middle of a Sunday morning worship service. She is in her street garb so the clothing is quite revealing. She sits in the back of the church and tries to sit still so no one notices her. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?

Sorry, been there. They welcomed her in and sometime later, I think 2 weeks, someone in the church took her in and helped her get a job and get her life back on track. Go Cavalry Chapel! Woot! When I am in the position to aid someone, I aid them - period.

A very well known and well respected member of the community decides to stop by church one day and sits in one of the pews. He's called an upstanding Christian, but lately some of his other business transactions (that are illegal) have been surfacing. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?
I would witness to him and offer to help him find his center in Christ through scripture. If he was superficial, it would show and pretty much end any respectability he has in the community.

A middle class self-proclaimed skater punk walks in. For those not familiar with the stereotypical clothing, he is wearing a black t-shirt with black shorts that come down to mid shin. He has a beanie on his head and is pierced in both his ears, lip, and nose. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?
Had one of those too. He still comes in from time to time.

A very vocal homosexual activist walks into your church and sits down in the front row. He is there not to cause a commotion but to see what is said. What would your church do in this circumstance and why? What would you do and why?
We do what we always do. We worship, then we read scripture, then we stand around after services and talk. The pastor speaks with people and I am usually helping take down everything. Service are over around noon and we are all gone by 1:30ish. Again, go Cavalry Chapel! Best church in Houston, IMO (but mileage may vary).

• Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

Well knowing my church they would all be very nice to their faces, gossip a lot behind their backs, and we would all get a sermon on gossip and accepting people the next week.

Ok, not really. My church is really good about accepting people. Ok, one of the men might take his suit coat off and offer it to the prostitute so she is covered and doesn't tempt the young men in the church. Still, they would accept these people, invite them downstairs for coffee and act like they didn't see anything wrong.

Eventually someone would talk to them and explain where their lives could be more like Christ, but not before a solid base of love, understanding, and respect were built.

Edited by kodischild

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Awesome Kod!

Praise God!

• Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

Awesome Kod!

Praise God!

Oops! I got rid of most of the post you were responding to before I knew you were responding. Sorry! Now I'm just too lazy to put it back :lightbulb2:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Kod,

That was a great testimony, sorry you edited it.

I'd defend ya.

:lightbulb2:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Awesome Kod!

Praise God!

Oops! I got rid of most of the post you were responding to before I knew you were responding. Sorry! Now I'm just too lazy to put it back :34:

I was wondering what happened??? I thought I added my reply to the wrong post. :mgcop: So I deleted mine also.

Anyway, I'll stand between you and the angry mob with Giaour, Kodi. Let he who is without sin.......(they know the rest)

Love ya sis! Beautiful testimony. glad I got to read it before you deleted it.

Fiosh

:lightbulb2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

My church would welcome her or anyone that are "offensive" to a lot of other people. We all know where we came from, we were born sinners too.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Phew! A lot of questions here. Let's see if I can imagine it.

While a couple of the older folk would probably be a bit uncomfortable with her dress, it's likely there wouldn't be much of a reaction, at first. Our church is quiet, and apart from responsive readings, there really isn't any talking among the congregation during the service. Still, I know a couple girls in particular, who would probably look back, wave, and pat the seat next to them (those two have such a heart for people whom society has rejected, and it would not be the first time they'd witnessed to a prostitute). Anyway, after the service, said girls would prolly get to talking with the prostitute, and probably bring her over and introduce her to the congregation, if she felt comfortable with that. She'd get invited to our fellowship time in the basement (as well as to come back next week), and we'd get her involved in our usual discussions about everything from how our week's been, to what God's been teaching us, to postmodernism, and so on. Somewhere in there (going with the natural flow of conversation), there'd be a discussion about who Jesus is, and what that means for everyone. From there, it would really depend on her reactions :24:

Hmm...this would be easier if I knew how well I knew that person, or what relation he has with the church. Still, whatever the case, I feel certain that he would be treated with love. If that means that someone he knows well in the congregation takes him aside afterwards and talks to him about his dealings, then that is probably the best thing (because "better is open rebuke, than hidden love."). I'm not sure what I'd do personally. If I knew him well, and better than anyone else there, I'd be willing to take him aside myself...but otherwise, I would likely treat him the same as anyone else in the congregation.

We'd be like "sweet toque, man!" and he, being american, would be like "what's a toque?" so we'd be like "the hat you're wearing! it's awesome!" and then we'd get into this whole thing about whether it's a toque or a beanie. :thumbsup:

JK...though there might be some of that. Anyway, I'd say about the same thing as before. Welcome him, ask him to join us for fellowship, engage him in conversation, invite him back next week, tell him about Jesus...

If he wasn't late (*grin*) we'd prolly start out with introductions. Other than that, see above.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

In all instances service would carry on normally. At Eucharist, if I am specifically aware of 'notorious sin' in someone's life, I would pass them by with the bread wine.....