Ani Tefillah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I didn't solicit nor invite scrutiny in this topic --- I simply agreed with my dear sister @PrayerWife --- but seeing as how I have already furnished an answer to the matter at hand (no need to please the demands of the few), I'll continue to address the subject matter alone.

We who are convinced that whatever befalls us is according to the will and purpose of the Lord, do not fear for our lives. Why, when all that we possess and are thus given, is granted by the Lord? The Lord gives and He also takes; blessed days or calamity, the Lord sends both. Just the same, witnessing the end of this flesh and blood was also a gift granted by the Lord God, who is the giver of every good gift, so there is no occasion to fear a single thing on this earth.

Indeed, as our Lord Jesus Christ declared, don't fear man who can only destroy this body but rather, fear God who destroys both the body and soul in hell. We know whom we should fear. Fear the Lord!

To some who boast in this flesh, here is courage: one who turns the other cheek when struck. One who refuses to answer their accuser in kind; one who knows that they are blind, and petitions the Lord so that they may see; one who walks in the midst of wicked men confident in the provision and judgment of the Lord. One who turns away from the stain of this world filled with murder and bloodshed, refusing to join themselves with this world. Let the dead bury their own dead, but as for us?

We preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ by our words and deeds, giving to everyone freely as the Lord gives to us. Salt which is adulterated no longer seasons, and light has no fellowship with darkness. Are we called to mediocrity by the Lord, or are we called according to His blessing?

The Lord calls us toward excellence in Himself, to deny ourselves daily and bear that cross. Some derive security and comfort from a gun... others, believing themselves entitled to whatever they desire, demand that gun in their hand. See how easily they are stirred to wrath!

It's sobering to witness.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Romans 13: 1-2

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Our Government allows us to have guns. No one is required but all are allowed.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

21 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I didn't solicit nor invite scrutiny in this topic --- I simply agreed with my dear sister @PrayerWife --- but seeing as how I have already furnished an answer to the matter at hand (no need to please the demands of the few), I'll continue to address the subject matter alone.

We who are convinced that whatever befalls us is according to the will and purpose of the Lord, do not fear for our lives. Why, when all that we possess and are thus given, is granted by the Lord? The Lord gives and He also takes; blessed days or calamity, the Lord sends both. Just the same, witnessing the end of this flesh and blood was also a gift granted by the Lord God, who is the giver of every good gift, so there is no occasion to fear a single thing on this earth.

Indeed, as our Lord Jesus Christ declared, don't fear man who can only destroy this body but rather, fear God who destroys both the body and soul in hell. We know whom we should fear. Fear the Lord!

To some who boast in this flesh, here is courage: one who turns the other cheek when struck. One who refuses to answer their accuser in kind; one who knows that they are blind, and petitions the Lord so that they may see; one who walks in the midst of wicked men confident in the provision and judgment of the Lord. One who turns away from the stain of this world filled with murder and bloodshed, refusing to join themselves with this world. Let the dead bury their own dead, but as for us?

We preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ by our words and deeds, giving to everyone freely as the Lord gives to us. Salt which is adulterated no longer seasons, and light has no fellowship with darkness. Are we called to mediocrity by the Lord, or are we called according to His blessing?

The Lord calls us toward excellence in Himself, to deny ourselves daily and bear that cross. Some derive security and comfort from a gun... others, believing themselves entitled to whatever they desire, demand that gun in their hand. See how easily they are stirred to wrath!

It's sobering to witness.

I wasn't aware I directed any scrutiny towards you, nor did I address you. 

The reason being, is because while I disagree with your interpretation of scripture, you did at least present your case clearly, with scripture and your reasoning, and you did so very well.

I did put some scrutiny on @PrayerWife because she did not. However, it was not intended to be mean spirited, but rather, in hopes to improve her witness. Paul says to have an answer when they ask, so if someone asks us why we believe the way we do, we should be able to explain why. 

fact is, it doesn't matter to me whether you or her agree with me. Neither of you have to. I just want her to be able to present her case, as well as you do. 

my scrutiny was intended to be educational. And I apologize if it wasn't taken as intended.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/19/2023 at 8:03 PM, coheir said:

@coheir The Lord Jesus had the authority to wield the sword....but He did not use it.

He instead went 'obedient, unto death, even the death of the cross' (Philippians 2).

He went as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before his shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth (Isaiah 53).

For our redemption, God 'spared not His own Son' (Romans 8).

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

12 minutes ago, farouk said:

@coheir The Lord Jesus had the authority to wield the sword....but He did not use it.

He instead went 'obedient, unto death, even the death of the cross' (Philippians 2).

He went as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before his shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth (Isaiah 53).

Jesus knew the hour had come and that is the reason he told Peter to put up the sword. Jesus did not say that to peter because Peter was carrying a sword is my point about the op.

Edited by coheir
add

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

33 minutes ago, coheir said:

Jesus knew the hour had come and that is the reason he told Peter to put up the sword. Jesus did not say that to peter because Peter was carrying a sword is my point about the op.

@coheir What a heavily laden hour it was for the Lord Jesus! Cf. Lam. 1.12:"Is there any sorrow like unto my sorrow?"

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, farouk said:

@coheir What a heavily laden hour it was for the Lord Jesus! Cf. Lam. 1.12:"Is there any sorrow like unto my sorrow?"

Bravery is one attribute he had that isn't mentioned of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.58

On 2/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, farouk said:

Amen! And shall we not behave like Him? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, PrayerWife said:

Amen! And shall we not behave like Him? 

Indeed. The servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him (John 13:16). The Lord is our example in all things (1 Peter 2). Be imitators of Christ!

Also, the weapons of our warfare aren't carnal, but mighty in the Lord for the destruction of strongholds (2 Corinthians 10). Remembering that the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ is not of this world, we don't carry carnal weaponry which is the custom of this world. We walk in the Spirit instead. This is foolishness to the perishing for the flesh is demanding, blind, and opposed to the Spirit of the Lord. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.58

53 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Indeed. The servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him (John 13:16). The Lord is our example in all things (1 Peter 2). Be imitators of Christ!

Also, the weapons of our warfare aren't carnal, but mighty in the Lord for the destruction of strongholds (2 Corinthians 10). Remembering that the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ is not of this world, we don't carry carnal weaponry which is the custom of this world. We walk in the Spirit instead. This is foolishness to the perishing for the flesh is demanding, blind, and opposed to the Spirit of the Lord. 

Amen and Amen!