IGNORED

What if one Morning we all Woke Up & no more Divisions?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

This is EXACTLY what a brother and I were discussing this morning after breakfast!  He asked me - "What is the main point of the new covenant?"  He prefaced this by saying, "It wasn't the coming of the Messiah." The answer: "The Spirit!" When he said that, I immediately thought, "Duh - of course!"

Christ coming was needed, but we have to ask why.  Was it for the forgiveness of sins? Was it to reconcile man to God? Of course this happened through the work of Christ, put the ultimate reason for Christ's work and the purpose of the new covenant is expressed in Jeremiah 31:33, “This shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; . . . I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts." Then Jesus spoke of the fulfilment of this in John 14:17 when He said, "Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him; but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you."

Without the indwelling Spirit of Christ, all we have is us trying to fulfill some outward requirements on our own.

Amen!  We sure did need Jesus to die for us so that our sins could be remitted and forgiven....the wages of sin is death and that is why without the shedding of blood (death) there is no remission of sins.  And also for sure it is by His spirit that we have been given a new heart and are a new creation in the inner man, by His spirit dwelling within us....Jesus had to die in order to become a "quickening spirit" that quickened us when we were spiritually dead in sins.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1