• Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 2/19/2023 at 9:13 AM, Mr. M said:

Pursue these two things.

1 Thessalonians 2:12 That you would walk worthy of God,

Who has called you unto

His Kingdom and Glory.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John.

Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached,

and everyone is pressing into it.

Romans 2:

4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, 

forbearance, and longsuffering, 

not knowing that the goodness of God

leads you to repentance? 

5 But in accordance with your hardness and your

impenitent heart you are treasuring up

for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation

of the righteous judgment of God, 

6 who will render to each one according to his deeds

7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance

in doing good seek for glory,

honor, and immortality; 

8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey

the truth, but obey unrighteousness—

indignation and wrath, 

9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man

who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 

10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works

what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 

11 For there is no partiality with God.

2 Thessalonians 2:

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you,

brethren beloved by the Lord,

because God from the beginning chose you for salvation 

through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 

14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of

the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Matthew 22:

11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man

there who did not have a wedding garment. 

12 So he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here

without a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 

13 Then the king said to the servants, Bind him hand and foot,

take him away, and cast him into outer darkness;

there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Is the wedding garment the Precious Blood of the Lamb 9f God?Jesus is the only WAY,the Truth and the Life!

Will you give a little commentary on Matthew 22:11-14

It will do my heart Good this morning Brother- I would appreciate a little " sermon" I'd just love that--- it's been a rough morning but Glory to God we can run to Him through each other

Ya ever have those times when you want to just listen and what(WHO) better to listen to❤️

In His Love, Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

9 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

It will do my heart Good this morning Brother- I would appreciate a little " sermon" I'd just love that--- it's been a rough morning but Glory to God we can run to Him through each other

I just posted in Apologetics> defense a wonderful word I received this morning.

I will look at Matthew 22:11-14 next and hopefully

hear a fresh word from the Spirit.

Be strong in the Lord. Don't let the devil "stone" you.

1 Samuel 30:

6 Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

I just posted in Apologetics> defense a wonderful word I received this morning.

I will look at Matthew 22:11-14 next and hopefully

hear a fresh word from the Spirit.

Be strong in the Lord. Don't let the devil "stone" you.

1 Samuel 30:

6 Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.

Thanks MrM- Praise Jesus!

Going to Apologetics 👍

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

26 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Is the wedding garment the Precious Blood of the Lamb 9f God?Jesus is the only WAY,the Truth and the Life!

Ya ever have those times when you want to just listen and what(WHO) better to listen to❤️

In His Love, Kwik

Matthew 22:11-14 But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.

The quick and easy comment would be to see the wedding

garment as the Holy Spirit. To elaborate,

consider His title "The Spirit of Truth".

2 Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

We are prepared and purified by the Spirit, which manifests in our

love for one another. 1 John 4

1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 2/15/2023 at 9:58 AM, kwikphilly said:

Uh duh,do you think I'm sleep depraved?,lol How did I forget that?

Where is the epistle to Laodicea? Did I miss something?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2023 at 9:32 AM, kwikphilly said:

Whoa-I never put 2 & 2 together there!!!How cool is this?- I wonder,did they share Paul's letters back then,as we have them now...?

I'm not asking about Canon,Constantine,or King James,lol.   I'm being a bit facetious

Seriously,they must have shared what Paul wrote besides what he taught audibly,don't you think so?

I believe they did but you need to put the letters from Paul, Jude, Peter and John in chronological order to get an idea of what letters were being circulated at what time. The Book of Luke and Acts are very late, so that needs to be taken into account. I have a harmony of the New Testament that might help but I'm buried under a house-full of clutter that is growing by the day.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:19 AM, kwikphilly said:

In His Love, Kwik

Matthew 22:11 - A man which had not on a wedding garment - In ancient times, kings and princes were accustomed to make presents of changes of raiment to their friends and favourites, to refuse to receive which was an expression of highest contempt, Gen_45:22; 2Ki_10:22; Est_6:8; Est_8:15. It was, of course, expected that such garments would be worn when they came into the presence of the benefactor. The garments worn on festival occasions were chiefly long white robes, and it was the custom of the person who made the feast to prepare such robes to be worn by the guests. This renders the conduct of this man more inexcusable. He came in his common and ordinary dress, as he was taken from the highway: and though he had not a garment of his own suitable for the occasion, yet one had been provided for him, if he had applied for it. His not doing it was expressive of the highest disrespect for the king. This beautifully represents the conduct of the hypocrite in the church. A garment of salvation might be his, performed by the hands of the Saviour, and dyed in his blood; but the hypocrite chooses the filthy rags of his own righteousness, and thus offers the highest contempt for that provided in the gospel. He is to blame, not for being invited - not for coming, if he would come, for he is freely invited but for offering the highest contempt to the King of Zion in presenting himself with all his filth and rags, and in refusing to be saved in the way provided in the gospel. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:12 - Friend - Rather, “companions.” The word does not imply friendship.
He was speechless - He had no excuse. So it will be with all hypocrites. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:13 - Cast him into outer darkness - See the notes at Mat_8:12. This, without doubt, refers to the future punishment of the hypocrite, Mat_23:23-33; Mat_24:51. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:14 - Many are called, but few are chosen - Our Saviour often uses this expression. It was probably proverbial. The Jews had been called, but few of them had been chosen to life. The great mass of the nation was wicked, and they showed by their lives that they were not chosen to salvation. The Gentiles also were invited to be saved, Isa_45:22. Nation after nation has been called; but few, few have yet showed that they were real Christians, the elect of God. It is also true that many who are in the church may prove to be without the wedding garment, and show at last that they were not the chosen of God. This remark in the 14th verse is the inference from the “whole parable,” and not of the part about the man without the wedding garment. It does not mean, therefore, that the great mass in the church are simply called and not chosen, or are hypocrites; but the great mass in “the human family,” in the time of Christ, who had been “called,” had rejected the mercy of God. [Albert Barnes]

7 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I believe they did but you need to put the letters from Paul, Jude, Peter and John in chronological order to get an idea of what letters were being circulated at what time. The Book of Luke and Acts are very late, so that needs to be taken into account. I have a harmony of the New Testament that might help but I'm buried under a house-full of clutter that is growing by the day.

Your didn't miss anything unless you didn't read the OP?The OP should explain what the Study was about- it was not about Paul's letters,we just ended up chatting as it wound down....

❤️My response above was just thinking out loud in reference to the last couple of posts from MrM👍

After you " de- clutter" perhaps you might want to share your " Harmony" in a New Topic,I'm sure we'd all enjoy it🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Matthew 22:11 - A man which had not on a wedding garment - In ancient times, kings and princes were accustomed to make presents of changes of raiment to their friends and favourites, to refuse to receive which was an expression of highest contempt, Gen_45:22; 2Ki_10:22; Est_6:8; Est_8:15. It was, of course, expected that such garments would be worn when they came into the presence of the benefactor. The garments worn on festival occasions were chiefly long white robes, and it was the custom of the person who made the feast to prepare such robes to be worn by the guests. This renders the conduct of this man more inexcusable. He came in his common and ordinary dress, as he was taken from the highway: and though he had not a garment of his own suitable for the occasion, yet one had been provided for him, if he had applied for it. His not doing it was expressive of the highest disrespect for the king. This beautifully represents the conduct of the hypocrite in the church. A garment of salvation might be his, performed by the hands of the Saviour, and dyed in his blood; but the hypocrite chooses the filthy rags of his own righteousness, and thus offers the highest contempt for that provided in the gospel. He is to blame, not for being invited - not for coming, if he would come, for he is freely invited but for offering the highest contempt to the King of Zion in presenting himself with all his filth and rags, and in refusing to be saved in the way provided in the gospel. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:12 - Friend - Rather, “companions.” The word does not imply friendship.
He was speechless - He had no excuse. So it will be with all hypocrites. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:13 - Cast him into outer darkness - See the notes at Mat_8:12. This, without doubt, refers to the future punishment of the hypocrite, Mat_23:23-33; Mat_24:51. [Albert Barnes]

Matthew 22:14 - Many are called, but few are chosen - Our Saviour often uses this expression. It was probably proverbial. The Jews had been called, but few of them had been chosen to life. The great mass of the nation was wicked, and they showed by their lives that they were not chosen to salvation. The Gentiles also were invited to be saved, Isa_45:22. Nation after nation has been called; but few, few have yet showed that they were real Christians, the elect of God. It is also true that many who are in the church may prove to be without the wedding garment, and show at last that they were not the chosen of God. This remark in the 14th verse is the inference from the “whole parable,” and not of the part about the man without the wedding garment. It does not mean, therefore, that the great mass in the church are simply called and not chosen, or are hypocrites; but the great mass in “the human family,” in the time of Christ, who had been “called,” had rejected the mercy of God. [Albert Barnes]

Lovely..... 🥰

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Your didn't miss anything unless you didn't read the OP?The OP should explain what the Study was about- it was not about Paul's letters,we just ended up chatting as it wound down....

❤️My response above was just thinking out loud in reference to the last couple of posts from MrM👍

After you " de- clutter" perhaps you might want to share your " Harmony" in a New Topic,I'm sure we'd all enjoy it🤗

Yes, I did read the OP but I'm asking questions and making comments as I go which might be answered already. I'm trying to play catch-up.