• Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

I Disagree

You present a works based salvation

Once the Holy Spirit has sealed a believer and dwells within them, they have "eternal security", until the day of redemption, they are in the fathers hand

John 10:27-30KJV

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Classic comparison of apples with oranges, and selection with sealing.

Many are called but few are chosen.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241

1 hour ago, truth7t7 said:

The seed planted in good soil that grows into a belief and confession unto salvation is the Holy Spirit sealed Christian "Eternal Security", the other seed never obtained salvation

It's a false assumption that the "Seed" represents a Christian Believer, on a Journey to salvation as was presented

So the blasphemous, violent, dishonest criminal who languishes in prison for murdering and maiming has a hardened, stony, weed-choked heart that the Word of God is sown on without any growth that produces fruit.

The Holy Spirit keeps working on this wicked heart, cultivating, irrigating, and nurturing until a portion of soil becomes fertile enough to sustain the germination and growth of faith through which God's saving Grace is accessed.

Some hardened hearts can be softened by circumstances, others remain unchanged.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Classic comparison of apples with oranges, and selection with sealing.

Many are called but few are chosen.

Yes, those who were called were never chosen

"Eternal Security" once a believer is sealed by God the Holy Spirit, it's till the day of redemption

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

So the blasphemous, violent, dishonest criminal who languishes in prison for murdering and maiming has a hardened, stony, weed-choked heart that the Word of God is sown on without any growth that produces fruit.

The Holy Spirit keeps working on this wicked heart, cultivating, irrigating, and nurturing until a portion of soil becomes fertile enough to sustain the germination and growth of faith through which God's saving Grace is accessed.

Some hardened hearts can be softened by circumstances, others remain unchanged.

You have provided assumption and speculation regarding interpretation of the parable

The parable clearly shows only that seed that fell in good soil produced "salvation", it's that simple

16 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Yes, those who were called were never chosen

"Eternal Security" once a believer is sealed by God the Holy Spirit, it's till the day of redemption

Once again, apples with oranges.

I have observed that those of a particular persuasion find it impossible to discuss the influence of the Word of God, the Holy Spirit, and the ministry of believers on the unsaved, as they consider these to be irrelevant to a person's eternal destination.

23 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

You have provided assumption and speculation regarding interpretation of the parable

The parable clearly shows only that seed that fell in good soil produced "salvation", it's that simple

No-one is born "good soil".

Eph 2:1-3  And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,  (2)  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,  (3)  among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Eph 2:1-3  And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,  (2)  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,  (3)  among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

We were discussing the sower, seed, and soil

Only the seed in good soil grew unto salvation", the other seed never saw  salvation

23 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Romans 9:20-23KJV

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,