• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/24/2023 at 9:46 AM, Ray12614 said:

Was there 'religion' in that temporary church we landed in? Of course there was. Did it stop me from loving Jesus and His people and obeying the Bible scripture to assemble together? Absolutely NOT! I refuse to disobey scripture just because of my experiences that happen to me. Attitude is everything for a Christian.

Of course, 1 year later after we all had 'healed-up' from the terrible situation, Jesus directed us to start a new non-denominational church that is gospel and family orientated, and after 8 years we are still serving Jesus corporately in that church. Jesus is being glorified there and I am grateful to be a part of that.

Hi @Ray12614 It's indeed good to pursue Acts 2.42 activities, seeking to do so with the right motives. I am reminded of Jeremiah 17.10: "I, the LORD, search the heart".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Are we not in church right now on Worthy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 3/24/2023 at 11:27 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

If your local church has issues then work at fixing them. But avoiding them just because they're messed up....I'm sorry but that's just an excuse. Yes they're messed up, but two wrongs don't ever, make a right.

I agree. We need to ask the Lord to show us in what way we can be the solution to the problem. We all have gifts that God has given us that the church needs, and the church also has gifts that we need, regardless of the issues that the church may have.

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

14 hours ago, bloom said:

Are we not in church right now on Worthy.

No, we are not. We are in a form of limited fellowship on Worthy. Church is so much more than this form of fellowship.

I am not minimising how Worthy can be uplifting and sometimes instructive, BUT, there is no substitute for in-person attendance in a living alive church.

Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.43

On 3/23/2023 at 4:02 PM, FJK said:

while reaching for their sheep coat to wear they accidentally grab and put on a  a wolf coat instead, never realizing their mistake.

Wow and they are totally clueless to their mistake?  Really?  That must be a baby Christian that is still immature and as such they should not be teaching or leading anybody.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 5:13
For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Besides, a tree cannot produce good fruit and bad fruit (Matthew 7:16-23) so I really doubt it's an "accident" and they toggle between wolf and sheep like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

They are either a sheep or a wolf.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.43

On 3/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, Starise said:

Church on Sunday- We gentiles have taken the horse right off the path here on this one.

Sundays - Why we Observe

Jesus arose upon the first day of the week.
Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1

Pentecost by Divine design always came on Sunday. (Lev. 23:15-16)
Acts 2

The church was established repentance and remission of sins first preached this Sunday in Acts 2 and they were added to the saved.
Acts 2

The early church met on the first day of the week for communion (or to have a meal together and fellowship while hearing Paul teach).
Acts 20:7

Early church offerings  were directed to be done upon the first day of the week
. 1 Corinthians 16:2