• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The excuse or reason given me when I asked the "pastor" was that one cannot read Revelation alone (By itself) it must be read in conjunction with Isaiah/Daniel and that one cannot do that in a reading of the Bible word by word during a worship service.

Huh?

Run Will Robinson run!

In further conversation  with a couple of members there whom I did small group studies with, I found they thought we were presently in the kingdom  time with Satan being bound - I guess for a thousand years; as at that point my ears just closed. What amazed me most was that was  hidden, never mentioned in two years, and never would have been if I hadn't sought out an explanation. 

And that was that, God was moving me on. Adventures in life- Ended up being led to  another local body and finding a need that took me out of early retirement and into compensated work there for 14 years out of 22 years association with that particular local body of Jesus. 

Just never know in the sovereignty and providence of God the what  or why, one just has to go, go wherever led. Least that is the experience of my own life to date.

• Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/13/2023 at 2:01 AM, NConly said:

I read the bible straight through. Then found I could remember what I had read but not where exactly. So I read it again and made an excel spread sheet by subject matter so Now I can find things.

@NConly I'm sure systematic reading of Scripture, making personal notes, is rewarding.

Sometimes ppl follow Bible plans and find it helpful. (I have heard of the M'Cheyne reading plan, etc.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,358
  • Content Per Day:  2.74
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, farouk said:

@NConly I'm sure systematic reading of Scripture, making personal notes, is rewarding.

Sometimes ppl follow Bible plans and find it helpful. (I have heard of the M'Cheyne reading plan, etc.)

I'm not knocking other plans. At the time I read the Bible I had not heard of a Reading plan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 4/10/2023 at 8:25 PM, RealReligionofPeace said:

Do you personally like to read the bible in order(from start to finish), or do you like reading out of random bible passages?

one page at a time