• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.98
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Psalm 110:4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent,

Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

"the order" [H1700] dibra= cause, estate.

For what cause does Melchizedek uphold in his estate?

Hebrews 7:

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 

2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,”

Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth. As Danny Reagan on Blue Bloods would say, "you know it's not for nothin'" that he arrived on the scene when he did.

"he met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings", as Abraham proved himself as a man of war, we also must acknowledge the fine line that exists in relation to "righteousness and peace". Consider that David was not allowed to build a Temple unto the Lord, for he had been a man of war.

1 Chronicles 28:

Then King David rose to his feet and said, “Hear me, my brethren and my people: I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made preparations to build it. 

3 But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’ 

Melchizedek stands as a constant reminder that "the kingdom of heaven is righteousness and peace", and because of Messiah, "joy in the Holy Spirit". Romans 14:17

It is for this purpose we are disciplined by the Lord.

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.

Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace 

for those who have been trained by it.

It is in this knowledge that we find great joy.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing

It is for the order of Melchizedek that we are slaves to righteousness.

James 3:18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Romans 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 

Edited by Mr. M
amend text

• Group:  Royal Member

16 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Hebrews 7:

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 

2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,”

3 without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils.

A man who was created, like Adam, without lineage and remained a priest continually for the cause of righteousness and peace, and pre-existed Abram. When the Lord made promises to Abram, he received them in full believe, and this was imputed to him as righteousness.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He became the father of faith to all those who would believe in Christ, the seed of Abraham.

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

The Son of God took on the seed of Abraham for the perfection of his children.

Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God and son of man, now seated at the right hand of God, is able to save us to the uttermost, and has taken on the cause of Melchizedek, as King of kings and Lord of lords.

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 

Hebrews 6:

13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 

14 saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” 

15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 

16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 

17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 

18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 

20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

• Mr. M changed the title to A Harvest of Righteousness and Peace

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth. As Danny Reagan on Blue Bloods would say, "you know it's not for nothin'" that he arrived on the scene when he did.

Concluding that Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace is a misinterpretation of scripture & perhaps most alarmingly, encourages the blatant falsehood that anyone other than JESUS CHRIST could’ve ever established righteousness and peace on earth. Jesus Christ was and is and always will be the ONLY living being who holds the power to establish righteousness and peace in the earth.

NO MERE HUMAN, FLESH AND BLOOD, COULD HAVE DONE THIS! NOT EVEN ONE AS RIGHTEOUS AS FATHER ABRAHAM! 

(hence why Abraham exhibits such reverence to the figure of Melchizedek in the Genesis ch 14 account.) 

Moreover, Melchizedek is referred to as the priest of the “most high” GOD. It’s no mere coincidence that Jesus is referred to as the great high priest in Hebrews chapter 5. He was and is and always will be the one and only great high priest of God! Why? Because He IS THE LIVING GOD!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AnnaGrace said:

Concluding that Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace is a misinterpretation of scripture & perhaps most alarmingly, encourages the blatant falsehood that anyone other than JESUS CHRIST could’ve ever established righteousness and peace on earth. Jesus Christ was and is and always will be the ONLY living being who holds the power to establish righteousness and peace in the earth.

NO MERE HUMAN, FLESH AND BLOOD, COULD HAVE DONE THIS! NOT EVEN ONE AS RIGHTEOUS AS FATHER ABRAHAM! 

No doubt! This is what you are overlooking.

On 5/11/2023 at 7:51 AM, Mr. M said:

The lesson is answering a simple question here:

what does "the order of Melchizedek mean?

Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth.

Note the highlighted portion you omitted from your response.

Not accusing you of being devious, but the fact that this

could not be established without the coming

of the Messiah is Christianity 101.

23 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Jesus Christ, the Son of God and son of man, now seated at the right hand of God, is able to save us to the uttermost, and has taken on the cause of Melchizedek, as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Could this have been stated more clearly? 

Or was there a rush to judgment?

23 hours ago, Mr. M said:

made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

This tells us that Melchizedek as a priest of the Most High

and a king of righteousness and peace was devoted to his

estate as a life long endeavor. This was not the case under 

the Levitical Law.

Numbers 4:3 from thirty years old and above, even to fifty years old,

all who enter the service to do the work in the tabernacle of meeting.

Has anyone ever wondered why Jesus waited until He was 30 before

beginning His ministry?

(hence why Abraham exhibits such reverence to the figure of Melchizedek in the Genesis ch 14 account.) 

This also was touched on in the lesson, let's go deeper.

"he met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings", as Abraham proved himself as a man of war, we also must acknowledge the fine line that exists in relation to "righteousness and peace". Consider that David was not allowed to build a Temple unto the Lord, for he had been a man of war.

1 Chronicles 28:

Then King David rose to his feet and said, “Hear me, my brethren and my people: I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made preparations to build it. 

3 But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’ 

Melchizedek stands as a constant reminder that "the kingdom of heaven is righteousness and peace", and because of Messiah, "joy in the Holy Spirit". Romans 14:17

Consider what would have been on Abram's heart as he returned from "a slaughter". He no doubt felt his hand was forced for the sake of Lot, but as a man who was devoted to walking uprightly before his God, he could have no joy in having to align with heathen rulers and participate in war. Imagine the joy at having been met by the priest of the Most High and receiving a blessing!

Genesis 14:18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine;

he was the priest of God Most High. 19 And he blessed him and said:

Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
20 And blessed be God Most High,
Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.

We can readily see the hand of the Comforter, giving him rest from the adversity of war. For those familiar with  Mosaic Law, Abram's giving of tithes would have stood as a Memorial for the occasion.

Hebrews 7:5-9 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

Now let's note how the cause/estate/order of Melchizedek

stands prominently in the New Testament.

It is for this purpose we are disciplined by the Lord.

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.

Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace 

for those who have been trained by it.

It is in this knowledge that we find great joy.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing

It is for the order of Melchizedek that we are slaves to righteousness.

James 3:18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Romans 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 

As to your final paragraph...

Moreover, Melchizedek is referred to as the priest of the “most high” GOD. It’s no mere coincidence that Jesus is referred to as the great high priest in Hebrews chapter 5. He was and is and always will be the one and only great high priest of God! Why? Because He IS THE LIVING GOD!

So true! Halleluyah! I will stop here since I seem to be restating

most of the lesson, and there was three postings without fully

covering lessons from Melchizedek. This is why I stated that there

was more left out than what was in your video. I wasn't trying to be

mean, and I originated this thread to go further in an explanation

of Melchizedek. No offense, but the title of your video might be better

served as stating "Melchizedek, an introduction".  :)

Grace and Peace of Christ,

James

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 5/12/2023 at 12:51 AM, Mr. M said:

Hebrews 7:

Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth. 

Job says by the Spirit of God - `And the heavens are not pure in His sight.` (Job 15: 15)

And the writer to the Hebrews says - `Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a high priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected and not man.

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore, it is necessary that this one also should have something to offer. For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things...` (Heb. 8: 1 - 5)

Thus, we see that the Lord`s order of Priesthood, (kingpriest) is over more than the earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Job says by the Spirit of God - `And the heavens are not pure in His sight.` (Job 15: 15)

And the writer to the Hebrews says - `Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a high priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected and not man.

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore, it is necessary that this one also should have something to offer. For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things...` (Heb. 8: 1 - 5)

Thus, we see that the Lord`s order of Priesthood, (kingpriest) is over more than the earth.

There has never been a doubt in my mind concerning the "Lord of All Creation".

Ephesians 1:

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

10 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

There has never been a doubt in my mind concerning the "Lord of All Creation".

Ephesians 1:

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

However, I was pointing out that the Lord is doing more than what you said. 

Your quote -

`Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth.`

The Lord, of the order of Melchizedek, kingpriest, is establishing righteousness and peace as He puts down all rule, authority and power in every realm that He made. And the Body of Christ is the only called out ones that will be kingpriests with Him in the third heaven. 

It is important to see that the Lord is doing more than just `establishing righteousness and peace in the earth.` 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

22 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

However, I was pointing out that the Lord is doing more than what you said. 

Your quote -

`Therefore we conclude that the cause of Melchizedek is the establishment of righteousness and peace in the earth.`

The Lord, of the order of Melchizedek, kingpriest, is establishing righteousness and peace as He puts down all rule, authority and power in every realm that He made. And the Body of Christ is the only called out ones that will be kingpriests with Him in the third heaven. 

It is important to see that the Lord is doing more than just `establishing righteousness and peace in the earth.` 

And I agree completely. I was speaking of the cause/estate/order of Melchizedek. The dominion of the Son is all creation. On earth, as it is in heaven...

The spiritual warfare of the Saints is in the heavenlies. "what you bind on earth, is bound in heaven"...

Until righteousness and peace manifests in the earth, the warfare continues.

That was the cause of Melchizedek, king of righteousness, and peace.

Ephesians 3:10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenlies.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 Co 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

2 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

And I agree completely. I was speaking of the cause/estate/order of Melchizedek. The dominion of the Son is all creation. On earth, as it is in heaven...

The spiritual warfare of the Saints is in the heavenlies. "what you bind on earth, is bound in heaven"...

Until righteousness and peace manifests in the earth, the warfare continues.

That was the cause of Melchizedek, king of righteousness, and peace.

Ephesians 3:10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenlies.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 Co 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers . All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16) 

The Lord has a greater rulership than just the earth. It is the earth, the Universe, and the third heaven. All these realms are to come under the righteous rulership of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1