Guest AppleofGOD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus is a man. That's what the Bible says.

Yes, He never sinned but that doesn't make Him God Himself.

He never sinned, but He prayed to God.

He never sinned, but tempted by devil.

He never sinned, but He died.

He never sinned, but He is still a man.

For me, and for Jesus, there is ONLY one true God - the Father.

:wub: Peace.

Equating Jesus with the Father is not biblically accurate. Jesus and the Father were both God (as was the Holy Spirit). But, they were distinct in personhood. Jesus claimed to be God on several occassions and was worshipped as God by individuals. He exercised perogatives of deity and was affirmed as God by the NT writers.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Equating Jesus with the Father is not biblically accurate. Jesus and the Father were both God (as was the Holy Spirit). But, they were distinct in personhood. Jesus claimed to be God on several occassions and was worshipped as God by individuals. He exercised perogatives of deity and was affirmed as God by the NT writers.

So, you do believe that the Father is the ONLY true God?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Jesus and the Father are both God, just with seperate roles within the Trinity.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'll address my question again to EricH [since he commented on my post] :thumbsup:

Do you believe that the Father is the ONLY true God?

Edited by Unico

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/25/1972

Hello Bro heres the problem with your interpetation you say Jesus is 100 % God well Jesus says at John 20. 17 that the Father is God even to himself, so How is it possiable that you have Jesus as being 100% God having a God. and this is why Jesus at John 17. 3 says that the Father is the only true God and also how it is that Jesus says that the Father is Greater than he is. No Trinity here, the Father is the Most High and Jesus is the Son of the Most High the one that sits at the right hand of God.

I hope this helps you :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Hello Bro heres the problem with your interpetation you say Jesus is 100 % God well Jesus says at John 20. 17 that the Father is God even to himself, so How is it possiable that you have Jesus as being 100% God having a God. and this is why Jesus at John 17. 3 says that the Father is the only true God and also how it is that Jesus says that the Father is Greater than he is. No Trinity here, the Father is the Most High and Jesus is the Son of the Most High the one that sits at the right hand of God.

I'm just curious about where you learned to interpret scripture. Do you read Hebrew? Do you read/speak koine Greek? Studied hermeneutics? Whenever someone claims to have the proper interpretation (and is correcting others), I am always curious about how they arrived at that conclusion. I think it's a fair question.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I responded to the scriptures in another thread. It's dishonest to use them in the way you are since you ignore the Greek and even the English context.

Guest shiloh357

Jesus is the Son of God, which really only reinforces his Deity as God:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Wow, am I the only one here who doesn't believe that Jesus isn't God? Anyone else out there? I'll try to respond to some more as soon as I can, but I have a busy weekend and might not post again until Monday or Tuesday.

Talk to you soon!

No buddy, you're not. I haven't been around here for quite a while. But I saw this thread and was feeling for ya. I believe as you do.

Blessings!!

Jen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

When His disciples asked Jesus to " show us the Father" Jesus said, "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father. Yes He's God.