• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/5/2023 at 4:05 PM, Mr. M said:

I have read similar reports, and what I gather is that there is not so much a disbelief of the Holy Spirit, i.e. they may be under a creed that confesses God in three persons, but they do not believe that He manifests anymore in the lives of the faithful as in the 1st century church.

There is a more serious aspect of the modern slight of the dynamic role of the Holy Spirit. Many evangelicals believe they are saved by grace through faith in Christ's atoning death, but they don't believe in the need for an intimate personal relationship with Christ.  Other evangelicals blindly accept that they must have a personal relationship with Christ, but it is merely a doctrinal tenet, not a lived experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.73
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Deadworm said:

There is a more serious aspect of the modern slight of the dynamic role of the Holy Spirit.

I think the problem may be that we talk about Holy Spirit but rarely or never never seek it as the directing force in our daily lives, we rely on ourselves in place of Holy Spirit to steer the course of our life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

The Spirit of the Lord is not an "it." He is the Holy Spirit, also known as the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ. He is the one who called to me out of the blue when I was lost in this world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, debrakay said:

I was just reading an article a few days ago from 2021 that stated 51% of those who call themselves Christian do not believe in the Holy Spirit.  That floored me.  They also do not believe Satan is real.  It seems to be that in 2023 this percentage has grown which explains to me why it is now hell on earth.

Jesus died so that we could be forgiven of sin and then he left the planet so the Holy Spirit could come and reveal the Father's plan to us.  I don't get it that they don't get it but the deceiver is really doing his job on human beings in this day and age.  It is beyond sad but Jesus also told us the path is very wide but the gate is very narrow.

Regarding the ‘wide path vs narrow gate…’ Churches offer the wide path by allowing those walking the wide path to feel welcome. We invite people “as is,” into our midst and then we wonder why we don’t ‘hear from the Holy Spirit.’ 

However, if they tithe, they potentially contribute up to 50% of the pastor’s sal- I mean, the church’s budget. So, it is often accepted as a necessary evil to allow unsaved people to settle in and, in some cases, run the church, in order for the church to function as a physical entity rather than a spiritual body.

• Interesting! 1