Do you ever have an epiphany?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

I am probably one of few who seem to have epiphany moments off and on throughout the years.  At least I feel like I am in a small camp on this matter.

The word epiphany has meanings such as; 

an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being, 

a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something, 

an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking, 

an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure; 

a revealing scene or moment.

Today my epiphany is this: 

Sometimes I think I should just be quiet.  But then I think again and out jumps, "Nope. It ain't gonna happen."

I guess you would have to live in my brain to understand this kind of thinking.  How about you?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

58 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I am probably one of few who seem to have epiphany moments off and on throughout the years.  At least I feel like I am in a small camp on this matter.

The word epiphany has meanings such as; 

an appearance or manifestation especially of a divine being, 

a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something, 

an intuitive grasp of reality through something (such as an event) usually simple and striking, 

an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure; 

a revealing scene or moment.

Sometimes I think I should just be quiet.  But then I think again and out jumps, "Nope. It ain't gonna happen."

I guess you would have to live in my brain to understand this kind of thinking.  How about you?

I got this for you, @debrakay

Epiphany.jpg.86f19babde459fb2229b3bd936c6e10f.jpg

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.68
  • Days Won:  1

I usually write them down as soon as I have them so I can refer back to them, they tend to mutate if I don't.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, debrakay said:

Actually, I am going through the same epiphany right now -- very same thought.  It took many attempts just to answer this because it keeps going through my head that I should stay quiet but it seems when it was going through your mind you just rebelled against it so I am trying to do the same. Another thought that goes through my mind along with it is: "there is absolutely nothing that can't be taken away from me!"

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, I am going through the same epiphany right now -- very same thought.  It took many attempts just to answer this because it keeps going through my head that I should stay quiet but it seems when it was going through your mind you just rebelled against it so I am trying to do the same. Another thought that goes through my mind along with it is: "there is absolutely nothing that can't be taken away from me!"

This my maiden attempt at try to make a reply. I thought I was ready to hit "send" and then another reply box popped up so you may get it twice but hopefully it works at least once. I just pasted me message in the second box too. If I messed it up I apologize.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,895
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I had what some jokingly (and others not-so-jokingly) refer to as the hand plane epiphany a few years back, when using the tool and getting proper results for the first time. I can remember saying aloud "this is what I want to do the rest of my life" in that moment. It has been a joy and blessing to pursue woodworking since then, if in a limited way due to physical disability.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 6/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, Honey Bee said:

I love this!  I often think, "If I don't say it no one is going to say it!"  Then I say it.  I am far better than I used to be when I opened my mouth and found both of my feet in it.  Now I tend to take a few seconds and run it through my heart. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2023 at 11:29 PM, BK1110 said:

I had what some jokingly (and others not-so-jokingly) refer to as the hand plane epiphany a few years back, when using the tool and getting proper results for the first time. I can remember saying aloud "this is what I want to do the rest of my life" in that moment. It has been a joy and blessing to pursue woodworking since then, if in a limited way due to physical disability.

Woodworking is such a beautiful art. My late husband did some maple woodworking many years ago and now I treasure those pieces he made.  I have another friend who turns myrtlewood which he has gifted me a couple of pieces.

• Loved it! 1

On 6/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, Honey Bee said:

This my maiden attempt at try to make a reply. I thought I was ready to hit "send" and then another reply box popped up so you may get it twice but hopefully it works at least once. I just pasted me message in the second box too. If I messed it up I apologize.

You are doing great.  I remember when I first started I could hardly figure anything out and kept bugging others for suggestion, pointers and tips on how to do all of this.  Keep on keeping on and let me know if I can help in any way.  Us BEE's have to stick together! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,895
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

Woodworking is such a beautiful art. My late husband did some maple woodworking many years ago and now I treasure those pieces he made.  I have another friend who turns myrtlewood which he has gifted me a couple of pieces.

Looking forward to meeting him on the new earth and making some things with him!