• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.87
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

The Truth that children of God can maintain purity

in the midst of the common and unclean has been made evident.

1 Corinthians 10:23-29 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake;  for the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness. If any of those who do not believe invites you to dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience’ sake. But if anyone says to you, This was offered to idols, do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience’ sake; for the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness. Conscience, I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another man’s conscience?

Our conscience, under the conviction of the Holy Spirit,

allows us to disregard the deceptions of idols, freeing us

to focus on a conscience void of offense to God and man,

particularly the brethren.

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

Walking it the Spirit maintains a clean conscience,

to have boldness to come before the throne of Grace.

Acts 24:16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

Only by remaining close with Jesus, by knowing what Gods law requires of you, not the letter of the law but the spirit of the law and by repenting of the inevitable failures.