• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,616
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Have you talked to your dad?

Based upon my own life experiences  I find having conversation directly with the individuals of interest to me works out best. Far better than any speculation on my part about them or their thoughts.

May God bless you both.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, Have you talked to your dad?

Based upon my own life experiences  I find having conversation directly with the individuals of interest to me works out best. Far better than any speculation on my part about them or their thoughts.

May God bless you both.

I try not to address the issue directly otherwise he'll start on me that I should be in a courtship of my own by now. Not that I want to avoid a courtship but the options seem a bit lackluster.

Maybe thats the same problem for my father, finding good, God fearing and traditional single women isn't easy in this age. I don't want to nag him about a second wife though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.53
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I do not know whether or not you have talked with him about a wife, yet. If you have not, its possible that just gently letting him know that you are fine with him remarrying may be a help and in fact may be one of the things noodling in his mind about it. So, consider letting him know that you support him and his choices.

Regardless, that conversation will likely build trust.

God Bless

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,616
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

23 minutes ago, Obedient Christian girl said:

I try not to address the issue directly otherwise he'll start on me that I should be in a courtship of my own by now. Not that I want to avoid a courtship but the options seem a bit lackluster.

Maybe thats the same problem for my father, finding good, God fearing and traditional single women isn't easy in this age. I don't want to nag him about a second wife though.

There you go. Congratulations! You seem to have resolved your own question!

BTW- I married very very young, my wife died after 46 years of our marriage. later I met a new wife online, on a Christian Message Board, after a period of time and have now been married  yet again for seven years.

Also I have a grandchild that is the first born to a 42 year old mom! I share that only to say let God lead, he has a pretty good plan for you. Think, read the Bible, pray,  think on the Bible, and "let God" that is a good plan of action. It works pretty well, maybe perfect even.

May God bless you both.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,470
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

33 minutes ago, Obedient Christian girl said:

Hi @Obedient Christian girl You mentioned about the lackluster options available. It's good never to be in a hurry to get married. You know the saying: "Marry in haste; repent at leisure"? :)

It matters far, far more to keep a prayerful, faithful walk before the Lord in His service, than to think that one must supposedly get married at all costs. (My wife and I waited for many, many years before the Lord in His perfect time brought us together.)

• Interesting! 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:09 PM, Alive said:

I do not know whether or not you have talked with him about a wife, yet. If you have not, its possible that just gently letting him know that you are fine with him remarrying may be a help and in fact may be one of the things noodling in his mind about it. So, consider letting him know that you support him and his choices.

Regardless, that conversation will likely build trust.

God Bless

Thats true, he may not want to rock the boat but I know he needs to flourish and stretch out his capabilities as a father and husband again.

I'd be so happy to see him with someone else again, I'd happily embrace any wife he chose! He become so domestic over the years, I just know he'd adore a new little wife. Reliance on his daughter for traditionally tasks of the wife isn't good for the family dynamic.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:33 PM, farouk said:

Hi @Obedient Christian girl You mentioned about the lackluster options available. It's good never to be in a hurry to get married. You know the saying: "Marry in haste; repent at leisure"? :)

It matters far, far more to keep a prayerful, faithful walk before the Lord in His service, than to think that one must supposedly get married at all costs. (My wife and I waited for many, many years before the Lord in His perfect time brought us together.)

Maybe best not to hurry, once you take your vows, theres no going back! 😅

Its best to go through the proper channels of courtship. Fully in the approval of God and with careful thought and consideration.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, Neighbor said:

There you go. Congratulations! You seem to have resolved your own question!

BTW- I married very very young, my wife died after 46 years of our marriage. later I met a new wife online, on a Christian Message Board, after a period of time and have now been married  yet again for seven years.

Also I have a grandchild that is the first born to a 42 year old mom! I share that only to say let God lead, he has a pretty good plan for you. Think, read the Bible, pray,  think on the Bible, and "let God" that is a good plan of action. It works pretty well, maybe perfect even.

May God bless you both.

Knowing my father I'm certain that I'll have a stepmother closer to my age, more of a friend than a motherfigure. I'm hopefully either way that any resulting marriage would be fruitful! I always used to dream about having siblings 😊

But of course my father's needs come first and foremost. God will plan any matches just as he planned my parents marriage.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, Obedient Christian girl said:

My father has been a widower for over 10 years now, he loved my mother and always thanked God for the blessing him with her. I'm worried hes becoming lonely, he has a thriving business and I adore him but I don't it can fill the void of a partner. He always planned to have a house full of children and create a little homestead, sadly it never came to fruition.

How do I encourage him in a way that isn't nagging or pitying to move on and find someone else? Is it wrong to encourage a new partner? Their vows were till death...it may feel like a betrayal to him but I know for a fact he wants to be a father again. Is it wrong to play matchmaker when I know how happy it'll make him?

Playing matchmaker isn’t wrong. Does he seem interested in relationships of the romantic sort? 

Do you know anyone qho is a good match that you could introduce to him in an organic way as a potential friend rather than a set up?