IGNORED

Why the focus on just a few people functioning (up front) in our gatherings?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHY  THE  FOCUS  ON  JUST  A  FEW

DISOBEDIENCE  ARRONGANCY  PRIDE  

ROMANS 1:16  for I am not ashamed of the gospel of  --CHRIST-- for it is the power of  GOD  unto salvation to every one that believeth --- to the jew first  --AND-- also to the greek

--1:17-- for therein is the righteousness of  GOD  revealed from faith to faith as it is written the just shall live by faith

--1:18--  for the wrath of  GOD  is revealed from heaven -- AGAINST  ALL  UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  ---  OF  MEN  WHO  HOLD  THE  TRUTH  IN  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS---

ACTS 13:15  and after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the syngogue sent unto them saying  ---  you men and brethren if you have any word of exhortation for the people  --SAY ON-- 

1 CORINTHIANS 14:30  if any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by let the first hold his peace 

--14:31-- for you may all prophesy one by one that all may learn  --and all may be comforted--

--14:32-- and the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets 

--14:33--  FOR  GOD  IS  NOT  THE  AUTHOR  OF  CONFUSION -- but of peace -- AS  IN  ALL  CHURCHES  OF  THE  SAINTS--

--14:34--  LET  YOUR  WOMEN  KEEP  SILENCE  IN  THE  CHURCHES  ---  FOR  IT  IS  NOT  PERMITTED  UNTO  THEM  TO  SPEAK  --BUT  THEY  ARE  --COMMANDED  TO  BE  UNDER  OBEDIENCE  ---  AS  ALSO  SAITH  THE  LAW--

--14:35--  and if they will learn anything let them ask their husbands at home --- for it is a shame for women to speak in the church---

--14:36-- what came the word of  GOD  out from you or came it unto you only 

--14:37-- if any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual let --- let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are  ---  ARE  THE  COMMANDMENTS OF  THE  LORD---

LUKE 6:46  AND  WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD  AND  DO  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  I  SAY

1 CORINTHIANS 3:3 for you are yet carnal for whereas there is among you envying and strife --- and divisions -- are you not carnal and walk as men 

1 JOHN 2:25  and this is the promise that  HE  hath promised us even eternal life

--2:26--  these things have I written unto you ---concerning them that seduce you---

--2:27-- but the anointing which you have received of  HIM  abideth in you ---and you need not that any man teach you--- but as the same anointing --- teacheth you of  ALL  THINGS  ---  AND  IS  TRUTH ---  AND  IS  NO  LIE --- and even as it hath taught you --- YOU  SHALL  ABIDE  IN  HIM---

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of  -- OUR  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  THAT  YOU  ALL  SPEAK  THE  SAME  THING  ---  AND  THAT  THERE  BE  --NO  DIVISIONS--  AMONG  YOU--- but that you be perfectly joined together in  --- the same mind and in the same judgement ---

***********************************************************                                                                                    

ISAIAH 55:1  ho everyone that thirsteth come you to the waters and he that hath no money come you buy and eat yea come buy wine and milk without money and without price 

--55:2-- wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread --- and your labor for that which sastisfieth not  ---  HEARKEN  DILIGENTY  UNTO  ME  AND  EAT  YOU  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD  AND  LET  YOUR  SOUL  DELIGHT  IT SELF  IN  FATNESS 

ACTS 8:20  but peter said unto him thy money perish with thee ---because thou hast thought that the gift of  GOD  may be purchased with money---

--8:21-- thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter --- FOR  THY  HEART  IS  NOT  RIGHT  IN  THE  SIGHT  OF  GOD---

ACTS 19:19  many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together --AND  BURNED  THEM-- before all men and they counted the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver 

--19:20--  SO  MIGHTILY  GREW  THE  WORD  OF  GOD  ---AND  PREVAILED---

************************************************************                                                                                                  

JEREMIAH 15:16  thy words were found and I did eat them --- and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart ---for I am called by thy name ---O LORD GOD-- of hosts 

PSALM 94:4  HOW  LONG  SHALL  THEY  UTTER  AND  SPEAK  HARD  THINGS  ---  AND  ALL  THE  WORKERS  OF  INIQUITY  BOAST  THEMSELVES ---

EPHESIANS 2:9  NOT  OF  WORKS  LEST  ANY  MAN  SHOULD  BOAST 

ISAIAH 32:6  for the --vile person--  will speak villany and his heart will work iniquity  ---to practise hypocrisy  ---  and to utter error against  THE  LORD  ---to make empty the soul of the hungry and he will cause the drink of the thirsty 

to fail---

ACTS 13:10  and said all full of all subtilty and all mischief thou child of the devil thou enemy of all righteousness --- wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of  THE  LORD ---

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  --MY--  mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

JEREMIAH 23:22  but if they had stood in  MY  counsel and had caused  MY  people to hear  MY  words then they should have turned them from their evil way and from the evil of their doings 

PROVERBS 15:2  the tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright ---but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,499
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

5 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

WHY  THE  FOCUS  ON  JUST  A  FEW

DISOBEDIENCE  ARRONGANCY  PRIDE  

ROMANS 1:16  for I am not ashamed of the gospel of  --CHRIST-- for it is the power of  GOD  unto salvation to every one that believeth --- to the jew first  --AND-- also to the greek

--1:17-- for therein is the righteousness of  GOD  revealed from faith to faith as it is written the just shall live by faith

--1:18--  for the wrath of  GOD  is revealed from heaven -- AGAINST  ALL  UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  ---  OF  MEN  WHO  HOLD  THE  TRUTH  IN  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS---

ACTS 13:15  and after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the syngogue sent unto them saying  ---  you men and brethren if you have any word of exhortation for the people  --SAY ON-- 

1 CORINTHIANS 14:30  if any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by let the first hold his peace 

--14:31-- for you may all prophesy one by one that all may learn  --and all may be comforted--

--14:32-- and the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets 

--14:33--  FOR  GOD  IS  NOT  THE  AUTHOR  OF  CONFUSION -- but of peace -- AS  IN  ALL  CHURCHES  OF  THE  SAINTS--

--14:34--  LET  YOUR  WOMEN  KEEP  SILENCE  IN  THE  CHURCHES  ---  FOR  IT  IS  NOT  PERMITTED  UNTO  THEM  TO  SPEAK  --BUT  THEY  ARE  --COMMANDED  TO  BE  UNDER  OBEDIENCE  ---  AS  ALSO  SAITH  THE  LAW--

--14:35--  and if they will learn anything let them ask their husbands at home --- for it is a shame for women to speak in the church---

--14:36-- what came the word of  GOD  out from you or came it unto you only 

--14:37-- if any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual let --- let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are  ---  ARE  THE  COMMANDMENTS OF  THE  LORD---

LUKE 6:46  AND  WHY  CALL  YOU  ME  LORD  LORD  AND  DO  NOT  THE  THINGS  WHICH  I  SAY

1 CORINTHIANS 3:3 for you are yet carnal for whereas there is among you envying and strife --- and divisions -- are you not carnal and walk as men 

1 JOHN 2:25  and this is the promise that  HE  hath promised us even eternal life

--2:26--  these things have I written unto you ---concerning them that seduce you---

--2:27-- but the anointing which you have received of  HIM  abideth in you ---and you need not that any man teach you--- but as the same anointing --- teacheth you of  ALL  THINGS  ---  AND  IS  TRUTH ---  AND  IS  NO  LIE --- and even as it hath taught you --- YOU  SHALL  ABIDE  IN  HIM---

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of  -- OUR  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  THAT  YOU  ALL  SPEAK  THE  SAME  THING  ---  AND  THAT  THERE  BE  --NO  DIVISIONS--  AMONG  YOU--- but that you be perfectly joined together in  --- the same mind and in the same judgement ---

***********************************************************                                                                                    

ISAIAH 55:1  ho everyone that thirsteth come you to the waters and he that hath no money come you buy and eat yea come buy wine and milk without money and without price 

--55:2-- wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread --- and your labor for that which sastisfieth not  ---  HEARKEN  DILIGENTY  UNTO  ME  AND  EAT  YOU  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD  AND  LET  YOUR  SOUL  DELIGHT  IT SELF  IN  FATNESS 

ACTS 8:20  but peter said unto him thy money perish with thee ---because thou hast thought that the gift of  GOD  may be purchased with money---

--8:21-- thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter --- FOR  THY  HEART  IS  NOT  RIGHT  IN  THE  SIGHT  OF  GOD---

ACTS 19:19  many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together --AND  BURNED  THEM-- before all men and they counted the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver 

--19:20--  SO  MIGHTILY  GREW  THE  WORD  OF  GOD  ---AND  PREVAILED---

************************************************************                                                                                                  

JEREMIAH 15:16  thy words were found and I did eat them --- and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart ---for I am called by thy name ---O LORD GOD-- of hosts 

PSALM 94:4  HOW  LONG  SHALL  THEY  UTTER  AND  SPEAK  HARD  THINGS  ---  AND  ALL  THE  WORKERS  OF  INIQUITY  BOAST  THEMSELVES ---

EPHESIANS 2:9  NOT  OF  WORKS  LEST  ANY  MAN  SHOULD  BOAST 

ISAIAH 32:6  for the --vile person--  will speak villany and his heart will work iniquity  ---to practise hypocrisy  ---  and to utter error against  THE  LORD  ---to make empty the soul of the hungry and he will cause the drink of the thirsty 

to fail---

ACTS 13:10  and said all full of all subtilty and all mischief thou child of the devil thou enemy of all righteousness --- wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of  THE  LORD ---

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  --MY--  mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them

JEREMIAH 23:22  but if they had stood in  MY  counsel and had caused  MY  people to hear  MY  words then they should have turned them from their evil way and from the evil of their doings 

PROVERBS 15:2  the tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright ---but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness---

You had a lot to quote there!

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

YES  A  LOT  OF  TRUTH   FROM  JESUS  CHRIST

JOHN 18:37  pilate therefore said unto  HIM  art thou a king then   --JESUS--  answered thou sayest that I am a king ---to this end was I born and for this cause came I into the world  --- that I should bear witness unto the truth  ---  everyone that is of the truth heareth  MY  voice 

ECCLESIASTES 8:4  where the word of a king is there is power --- and who may say unto  HIM  what doest thou---

ROMANS 1:18  FOR  THE  WRATH  OF  GOD  IS  REVEALED  FROM  HEAVEN  AGAINST  ALL  UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  OF  MEN  --- WHO  HOLD  THE  TRUTH  IN  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS---

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power --hath given-- unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness  --- through the knowledge of  HIM  that hath called us to glory and virtue---

HEBREWS  7:24  BUT  THIS  MAN  BECAUSE  HE  CONTINUETH  EVER  ---  HATH  AN  UNCHANGEABLE PRIESTHOOD---

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

On 7/14/2023 at 6:33 AM, Anne2 said:

Meddled in their affairs? He did what other Caesars did, decided which religions would be legal. Can't know that without establishing what that religion is right? So them coming all together to come to consensus against various factions was quite normal.

Look what happened with Judaism, with the various sects. And look what happened there in 70 ad, because the factions came to a head. We see this aspect with Paul concerning the Goddess Diana. Rome couldn't allow warring factions in a religion. Especially if one or another tended to sedition against the state. Do we see all that much difference when it comes to militant Islam? Is one form, legal and another illegal? Of course

A problem with Dearborn Michigan

Copy and paste from wiki

begin quote

Christian missionaries and politicians[edit]

In 2010, Nabeel Qureshi, David Wood, and two other people acting as Christian missionaries, were arrested at the Dearborn International Arab Festival. They had been handing out Christian literature aimed at Muslim believers. The four were prosecuted for breach of the peace. Police ordered them to stop filming the incident, to provide identification, and to move at least five blocks from the border of the fair.[30] After reviewing the video evidence, the jury acquitted the defendants.[31] The four defendants filed a separate civil suit against the city. Dearborn was found to have violated their constitutional rights related to freedom of speech. The city settled the lawsuit and issued a formal apology to the individuals.[32]

Sharron Angle, a Republican senatorial candidate in Nevada, said in an October 2010 political speech that the Arab Americans in Dearborn contributed to a "militant terrorist situation,"[33][34] and that the city government was enforcing Islamic sharia law.[33] Mayor Jack O'Reilly strongly criticized Angle, saying "She took it as face value and maligned the city of Dearborn and I consider that totally irresponsible".[33]

end quote

Sunday had been being kept since before Constantine or any councils.

We should thank Emperor Justinian for finishing Constantine The Great & The Council of Nicea’s stamping out Arian Christian Hersey which denies Jesus as God. Arianism was very strong among the Goths (Germanic tribes) and they had helped destroy The Western Rome. 

2 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

We should thank Emperor Justinian for finishing Constantine The Great & The Council of Nicea’s stamping out Arian Christian Hersey which denies Jesus as God. Arianism was very strong among the Goths (Germanic tribes) and they had helped destroy The Western Rome. 

To be sure, there was a lot of good mixed in.  But I think "mixed" is the operative word here.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

18 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

To be sure, there was a lot of good mixed in.  But I think "mixed" is the operative word here.

As is true of Christian history all around. IMO, I do think God brought about much of what occurred there. Rome was the last Empire prophesied by Daniel. Josephus says they knew that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

3 hours ago, Anne2 said:

As is true of Christian history all around. IMO, I do think God brought about much of what occurred there. Rome was the last Empire prophesied by Daniel. Josephus says they knew that.

So true. Church History is a mixed bag. I choose Pope Gregory’s approach to it and much of Church Tradition:

Augustine of Canterbury’s third question: Since there is but one faith, why are the uses of Churches so different, one use of Mass being observed in the Roman Church, and another in the Churches of Gaul?

Answer of the blessed pope Gregory: Your Fraternity knows the use of the Roman Church, in which you have been nurtured. But I approve of your selecting carefully anything you have found that may be more pleasing to Almighty God, whether in the Roman Church or that of Gaul, or in any Church whatever, and introducing in the Church of the Angli, which is as yet new in the faith, by a special institution, what you have been able to collect from many Churches. For we ought not to love things for places, but places for things. Wherefore choose from each several Church such things as are pious, religious, and right, and, collecting them as it were into a bundle, plant them in the minds of the Angli for their use.” (From The Eccleiastical History of the English Speaking People, Book I, Chapters 29-33, Bede, Penguin Publishers, or Fathers of the Church, Registrum Epistolarum, Book XI, Letter 64). 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

15 hours ago, Anne2 said:

I think we'll just hafta disagree on this - I don't see that men, out of their own "good intentions," are adding anything that is eternally profitable to the ekklesia.  Of course I realize there is a large portion of the church that believes otherwise . . .

• Thumbs Up 2

@Vine Abider

My post was basically in regards to history and tradition, “Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy—dwell on these things.” (Philippians 4:8) Which Pope Gregory echoed about choosing the best things in churches, I love the Lutheran Liturgy, Orthodox art, Messianic roots, Charismatic healing & prophetic gatherings, and etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

I think we'll just hafta disagree on this

Ok.:)

• Thumbs Up 1