• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Not sure why so many don't use the order the Lord uses in scripture .... Spirit, Soul, and Body

The Lord has it listed this way obviously because the spirit and the soul is more important than the body.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 7/10/2023 at 10:43 AM, B Judson said:

The Lord has it listed this way obviously because the spirit and the soul is more important than the body.

By listing body along with spirit and soul, the Spirit of Truth is not establishing a "pecking order", He is putting them on equal footing! How can someone serve the Lord fully without the sanctification and redemption of the body?

On 7/10/2023 at 10:43 AM, B Judson said:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;

Romans 8:23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1 John 3:3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

2 Timothy 2:21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Edited by Mr. M

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Well, can't speak for everyone else.... God told me in my Bible that I was created in His Image and God’s Word says that God IS a Spirit.... so I’m also a spirit.

My spirit is inside my soul and is what causes my soul to be eternal... and I posses a body.

God’s Word tells us to walk after the Spirit, not the body so obviously the Spirit is before the body and thru the power of the Holy Ghost dwelling in our reborn Spirit we are to keep our body under subjection (self control which is a fruit of the Spirit).... so it’s obvious that there is a “pecking order”

Those that put the body or mind first may not be born again and if they are they are likely still babes in Christ and don’t understand what it means to be a new creature in Christ Jesus.
Edited by B Judson

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 7/14/2023 at 8:17 PM, B Judson said:
Well, can't speak for everyone else.... God told me in my Bible that I was created in His Image and God’s Word says that God IS a Spirit.... so I’m also a spirit.

My spirit is inside my soul and is what causes my soul to be eternal... and I posses a body.

God’s Word tells us to walk after the Spirit, not the body so obviously the Spirit is before the body and thru the power of the Holy Ghost dwelling in our reborn Spirit we are to keep our body under subjection (self control which is a fruit of the Spirit).... so it’s obvious that there is a “pecking order”

Those that put the body or mind first may not be born again and if they are they are likely still babes in Christ and don’t understand what it means to be a new creature in Christ Jesus.

In God's image or Adam's image? and what of the second Adam?

Genesis 5:3

When Adam was 130 years old, he had a son in his own likeness, after his own image; and he named him Seth.

Edited by BeyondET

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It depends on what Bible translation you use as to how you see man's image in creation (Genesis).  Some Bibles say man was created in His image and other Bibles say man was created in our image.  Is that a mystery?

If man is made of spirit, soul, and body and we are made in His image, then God is also spirit, soul, and body.  That's three in one.  I understand that God is God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  The roles are vast and all in unity.