• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Thursday 7-20-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 2 5783, 30th. Summer Day

When Jesus said But Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of GOD, And His Righteousness.......

We believe that besides all the things He has given to us, it is very important to 1st. seek His Kingdom to be caught-up with Him to be in His Kingdom, any other thoughts?

Love, Walter And Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

The title of this thread and the post contents don't seem to me to align - can you please clarify what you mean/are asking?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Thursday 7-20-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 2 5783, 30th. Summer Day

When Jesus said But Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of GOD, And His Righteousness.......

We believe that besides all the things He has given to us, it is very important to 1st. seek His Kingdom to be caught with Him to be in His Kingdom, any other thoughts?

Love, Walter And Debbie

Before the fall, man had two duties. To be in the image and likeness of his Maker, and to subdue and rule the earth and its environs. For this he was not equipped. He had a perfect human nature but  did not yet have the divine nature to really express God. And man is made lower than the angels, so his subjugation of the Serpent would be impossible. So God put him before the Tree of Life.

We know the sad story, but God, whose councils are immutable, set about a recovery for man. To be fully recovered, man must be a partaker of the divine nature AND he must partake in subduing and ruling the earth. The first part of salvation, seen nicely in Romans 8, is to be had ONLY by FAITH. He must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for all sins, and he must confess it out aloud. Once this is done, God starts a process according to Romans 8:29 to transform the once fallen man's disposition into that of Christ.

But that process will end with IMAGE accomplished, but the subjugation and rule of the contents of the earth will not have been achieved. Except for about 900 years of a 6,000 year history, UNRIGHTEOUS men have ruled. And even the 900 hundred or so years when Israel was invincible, they broke God's righteous demands in the Law so often that their's is a history of disgrace toward God.

Thus, the main ingredient for men who would aspire to rule this earth is RIGHTEOUSNESS. The aspiring king must, beside his positional righteousness, which is imputed to him by God because of his faith, must become utterly right before God. God was badly let down by Israel - and they forfeit the Kingdom (Matt.21:43). He cannot afford to have corrupt kings ruling cities in His Kingdom. They must be men and women who OBEY Him in all things, have an INTIMATE relationship with Him and set him/herself aside in favor of God's interests at all times.

Many are called, but few are chosen. when it comes to the Kingdom on earth (Matt.22:1-14).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

44 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

The title of this thread and the post contents don't seem to me to align - can you please clarify what you mean/are asking?

Hi, I guess I was thinking out loud of me and my wife as Christians among other Christians, it seems to me as having ideas towards 1st. seeking His Kingdom and what is the purpose, but in my way of thinking is to be with Him in His Kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 1