• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

18 minutes ago, Solus Christus said:

But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.“ (1 John 2:1-2)

Great verse there, @Solus Christus ..........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, farouk said:

Hi @Mike Mclees If you take the time to read John's First Epistle as a whole (only 5 chapters), there is strong, assurance for the true believer.

Yes but 1st John 1: 8-9 will do fine. "If we say have sin we lie and the truth is not in us, but if we confess our sins he is just to forgive us." God bless

Oh yes There is Hebress 3: 15-16 For we have not a High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet with out sin. Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need.

Edited by Mike Mclees

24 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes but 1st John 1: 8-9 will do fine. "If we say have sin we lie and the truth is not in us, but if we confess our sins he is just to forgive us." God bless

Oh yes There is Hebress 3: 15-16 For we have not a High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet with out sin. Let us then come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need.

@Mike Mclees Those are truly wonderful promises, are they not?

Similarly, Romans 8.38-39; indeed, the whole of chapter 8...

10 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Mike Mclees Those are truly wonderful promises, are they not?

Similarly, Romans 8.38-39; indeed, the whole of chapter 8...

Yes they are, but how do we obtain this wonderful grace. Do we not have to acknowledge something so we are able to receive it.  Come on now. Don't sell it short 

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes they are, but how do we obtain this wonderful grace. Do we not have to acknowledge something so we are able to receive it.  Come on now. Don't sell it short 

@Mike Mclees Ephesians 2 has the answer: the first 10 verses.

Also, Proverbs 3.5-6.

"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow;
But the love all knowledge passing,
Grace has called us now to know;
Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the tree,
Love that shares the bright to-morrow
With the loved ones, you and me." (T H Reynolds)

On 7/31/2023 at 2:50 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Yes the Lord is patient and long suffering beyond our understanding when grace is all we have. 

@Mike Mclees I love Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

The point is not to avoid the affliction at all costs, but to rest in the certainty that we are the objects of the Lord's choice love and mercy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes I know Jesus is our advocate. You are notanswering my question. Of course you don't have answer.

I was establishing that Scripture supports forgiveness for sins after salvation, lest the Romanite error of losing grace. 

By the way asking people for detailed if they sinned after salvation is rather intrusive to ask, people do not tend to want to share their faults with strangers. We are suppose to “confess our sins to one another,” that is in context of people you trust. Your words confirm I have no intent of sharing my faults among strangers. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

On 7/30/2023 at 9:09 AM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I'm reminded of a great song by DC Talk called "What if I stumble". Its a great reminder that the christian life is not always one of going forward. We ALL have moments where we are either standing still or backsliding. We all fall, even with the Holy Spirit in us, but luckily Jesus will catch us every time. 

Jesus is our peace with the Heavenly Father. 

We are in his righteousness, as He is we are by believing in him who died for the forgiveness of our sins. 

And the Heavenly Father made Him Lord over all and he is not only our Savior but he is also our Lord and our judge. 

For the things in this life we are accountable to Jesus Christ...just like the good and faithful Servant. 

If we want to view our selves as one of his good and faithful Servants...as one of his disciples who can tell right or wrong..and have decided to do what is right..

If not Jesus won't bother you if that what someone wants..He is still glad that you believe and you are not talking against him. But even if you do in anger he said you are forgiven. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

I was establishing that Scripture supports forgiveness for sins after salvation, lest the Romanite error of losing grace. 

By the way asking people for detailed if they sinned after salvation is rather intrusive to ask, people do not tend to want to share their faults with strangers. We are suppose to “confess our sins to one another,” that is in context of people you trust. Your words confirm I have no intent of sharing my faults among strangers. 

Sir I was not asking you to confess any certain sins to me or anyone here. I myself confess my sins to the Lord only. I only wanted you to acknowledge that we do indeed fall short and need to go to the Lord with it to receive His grace. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.10

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Sir I was not asking you to confess any certain sins to me or anyone here. I myself confess my sins to the Lord only. I only wanted you to acknowledge that we do indeed fall short and need to go to the Lord with it to receive His grace. 

And I cited a Scripture to prove it is biblical to go to the Lord and confess your sins.. sigh.