• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

My heart valve gave out three years ago. Blood backing up into my lungs, hyperventilating 24/7. The doctor was amazed that I was still living. When he came into my hospital room his eyes were like golf balls. He told me that in all his years operating on people's hearts he never seen a valve so clogged up and that's all he said and just looked at me. Which I knew what he meant that I should of had a heart attack or stroke.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

There are others here who have also been close to death. Praise God that we were all given more time,

and praise Him more that we all have faith that the future is all in the hands of the Lord, not blind chance!

Praise Jesus!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 8/14/2023 at 10:41 AM, secondtimearound said:

It was early 2002, and I had collapsed down to the floor after arriving back

home from work one evening. My wife was still on the way home from work, but

our oldest daughter came into the house and found me, and called an ambulance for me, I am told.

They later found that I had an"AVM", like an exploding blood vessel in my head, caused

by a long ago birth injury I am told. I had later an 8 hour long operation by surgeons working over my

brain.  I was in the hospital for two months, and even after that they were not sure if I would

recover completely or what.

I recently found what I had wrote in my notebook when I had finally arrived back at home.

This is what I wrote..."What is it like to be close to death? It is like hearing the angels calling

and knowing very well that there is far more out there than any of those perfectly healthy people 

could imagine."  Yes, the Lord is out there, and the angels calling are out there also. 

Thank you, God! Thank you Jesus!

When you need Him, dear reader, I hope that you will hear them calling also. God bless you!

He wants us to come to Him to be saved. God bless you!

Your story sounds a lot like scenes from the occult movie THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES.

In this movie, a character suffers a brain problem.  While in hospital she begins drawing pictures of occult figures, primarily the legendary Mothman of West Virginia & Ohio.  

Bear in mind that your brain and your mind were affected by your ailment.   Whether or not you received a true vision of the spiritual realm is for you to decide and us to ponder.

I myself received a similar revelation, but I was NOT afflicted by disease, accident, drugs, alcohol, diabetic dreams or anything that could even remotely be associated with mental disfunction.  I was healthy and wide awake when it happened to me.

What you saw, or think you saw, was a revelation of the second heaven - the second level of spiritual reality beyond earth but far short of heaven.  The second heaven exists quite close to physical experience - the 1st heaven.  The third heaven, the domicile of the Almighty, lies behind locked doors and gates.  No one enters there except by special circumstances and permission.

Thank you for sharing.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I had an incident in the oil field while back...I was hauling crude oil for a living at the time. They called me to haul a load off a new well. Part of the job I have to climb up a catwalk to the top of the oil tank where there's a hatch that I use to check to see if the oil is good or not.

Well I remember showing up at 11:30 on a Wednesday night, and I remember walking to the bottom of the stairs. I don't remember anything else until about mid morning Friday. Apparently the pumper and flowback hand found me unresponsive, not breathing and no discernable pulse on top of the tanks about midnight. Apparently I had opened the hatch and gotten exposed to a higher then normal dose of oil field gases. They lifeflighted me to a local hospital after performing CPR where I spent the next 3 days in the ICU.

Apparently I was awake and responsive Thursday but I don't remember much of anything until Friday, which is when they discharged me in the evening.

I returned to work the following Thursday...wife really wasn't in favor of it, and my ribs hurt...but I was tired of sitting around the house...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

20 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I had an incident in the oil field while back...I was hauling crude oil for a living at the time. They called me to haul a load off a new well. Part of the job I have to climb up a catwalk to the top of the oil tank where there's a hatch that I use to check to see if the oil is good or not.

Well I remember showing up at 11:30 on a Wednesday night, and I remember walking to the bottom of the stairs. I don't remember anything else until about mid morning Friday. Apparently the pumper and flowback hand found me unresponsive, not breathing and no discernable pulse on top of the tanks about midnight. Apparently I had opened the hatch and gotten exposed to a higher then normal dose of oil field gases. They lifeflighted me to a local hospital after performing CPR where I spent the next 3 days in the ICU.

Apparently I was awake and responsive Thursday but I don't remember much of anything until Friday, which is when they discharged me in the evening.

I returned to work the following Thursday...wife really wasn't in favor of it, and my ribs hurt...but I was tired of sitting around the house...

Proving that severe physical distress does not necessarily result in visions and dreams of the netherworld.

I'm sure everyone is glad to learn of your recovery.    Be well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

8 hours ago, choir loft said:

Proving that severe physical distress does not necessarily result in visions and dreams of the netherworld.

I'm sure everyone is glad to learn of your recovery.    Be well.

Well, just to play devil's advocate here, your right it proves that near death doesn't always result in visions, it doesn't prove that it doesn't in some cases.

Of course, the other way of looking at it, is if the "near death" experiences are simply the results of a dying brain shooting off weird and are nothing more then that, then it's very possible I actually had them, but simply don't remember them.

So, it really doesn't prove anything either way lol.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.34

On 8/14/2023 at 10:41 AM, secondtimearound said:

It was early 2002, and I had collapsed down to the floor after arriving back

home from work one evening. My wife was still on the way home from work, but

our oldest daughter came into the house and found me, and called an ambulance for me, I am told.

They later found that I had an"AVM", like an exploding blood vessel in my head, caused

by a long ago birth injury I am told. I had later an 8 hour long operation by surgeons working over my

brain.  I was in the hospital for two months, and even after that they were not sure if I would

recover completely or what.

I recently found what I had wrote in my notebook when I had finally arrived back at home.

This is what I wrote..."What is it like to be close to death? It is like hearing the angels calling

and knowing very well that there is far more out there than any of those perfectly healthy people 

could imagine."  Yes, the Lord is out there, and the angels calling are out there also. 

Thank you, God! Thank you Jesus!

When you need Him, dear reader, I hope that you will hear them calling also. God bless you!

He wants us to come to Him to be saved. God bless you!

When I drowned and knew no one could save me, I accepted my inevitable death and started to take water into my longs. Drowning hurts. So after the third lung full of river water, something outside of me moved my legs and arms to a position where I was crawling, but not by my own power. When my head broke the surface, I knew I was saved by some power not my own. I was an agnostic at the time but was open to a higher power. It was another ten years or so before I became a Christian. Praise God for saving me and getting to know Him.

SObG

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

To SObG,

Praise God. Praise Jesus. Something tells me that the Lord loves you very much, and that

there is rejoicing in Heaven over your salvation. 

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.34

2 hours ago, secondtimearound said:

To SObG,

Praise God. Praise Jesus. Something tells me that the Lord loves you very much, and that

there is rejoicing in Heaven over your salvation. 

When I laid on the bottom of the river, face down spread-eagled in the mud, I remember the sense of wonder I had when my arms started to move thru no conscious effort of my own. And then after what seemed like an eternity, when head broke the river surface, I realized I was saved. But true salvation would take another ten or eleven years for me. I'm truly blessed that the Lord is patient with hard-headed types like me. Praise God.

SObG

• Thumbs Up 1