IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, meshak said:

Trinitarian leaders are all triune god-worshipping churches.

That also means absolutely nothing.  Trinitarian leaders are not churches, they are people.  In case your not aware, people worship, buildings do not.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

That's debatable. 

Quote: Is Allah a Different God Than the Biblical God? | Church Life Journal | University of Notre Dame (nd.edu)

Let’s start with the obvious: Christians believe Jesus is God, but the Quran is so opposed to this belief that it condemns Jesus worshipers to Hell ([Qur’an] 5.72). For Christians, Jesus is certainly God, and for Muslims Jesus is certainly not God. How can it be said that Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

How can it be said that Christians and Muslims worship the same God?  Because they do, as do Jews.

The Arabic Christian name for God is "Allah".

In Islam, Allah is the unique, omnipotent and only deity and creator of the universe and is equivalent to God in other Abrahamic religions.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

21 hours ago, JimmyB said:

So are you Jewish?  I would assume you are since all your quotes are from the Old Testament, the Scriptures according to the Jews.

No I'm not Jewish, I teach the uncut word of God according to the Prophets (Old Testament) and the Apostles (New Testament).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

22 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Please read Romans 2 and 3 very prayerfully.  Paul said eternal life is earned ONLY by perfectly keeping the Law.  And in 3:20 he flatly refutes the idea that anyone will earn  eternal life by the Law because NO ONE can 'keep the Law'.  In 3:23-30 Paul provides the ONLY WAY to be saved and be justified by God:  faith in Christ and His work on the cross.  There is no other way.

Yes, believers are commanded to do good works.  That alone proves that believers won't automatically or necessarily do good works.  It is a command to obey.

Paul was also clear about adding works to faith.

Romans 10-

So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 
And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
v.5 is defined by Eph 2:8; we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.
No one is saved if they think their works are necessary for salvation.
There is NOTHING you or anyone can do to "help God" to save you.  He doesn't need your help.

When Paul speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, he's speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). 

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

23 hours ago, meshak said:

The problem is that most professed believers claim to follow the instruction of the word of God.

And ..?  This is beyond obvious, so what is your point?

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

No I'm not Jewish, I teach the uncut word of God according to the Prophets (Old Testament) and the Apostles (New Testament).

Everyone makes the same claim, so what is your point?  As I said earlier,  I would assume you are Jewish since all your quotes are from the Old Testament, the Scriptures according to the Jews.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,639
  • Content Per Day:  7.98

When Paul speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, he's speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.

Not true.  This is what Paul spoke of:  

Rom 3:20 - Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Rom 3:28 - For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

So you are sadly mistaken.  The "works of the law" are ALL the commandments that relate to behaviors and lifestyle.  And NONE of that will saved anyone.

We are saved by grace.  Salvation is NOT earned by lifestyle/obedience/faithfulness.  It by grace THROUGH FAITH.  Eph 2:8

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct.

Eph 2:9 says "not of works, lest man should boast".  We are saved by grace through faith (v.8).  

That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12). 

The red words refer to the Bema, or Judgment Seat of Christ, where eternal reward will be given, or loss of reward.

2 Cor 5:10 - For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

This verse is NOT about final destination at all.  Faithful obedient believers will be rewarded while unfaithful/disobedient believers will have no reward in heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Agree there are too many different denominations and what makes them different is the doctrines they teach. Therefore we must study the word to see what the bible actually teach! Because like Paul just because we have a zeal for what we believe don't make it right.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,117
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

22 hours ago, JimmyB said:

How can it be said that Christians and Muslims worship the same God?  Because they do, as do Jews.

The Arabic Christian name for God is "Allah".

In Islam, Allah is the unique, omnipotent and only deity and creator of the universe and is equivalent to God in other Abrahamic religions.

Many people have the same name, but of course they are not the same person. See the most important difference here:

Quran Verses Allah Has No Son (13 verses) - My Islam

image.png.f28cccf7248e9b7ac2bd2dc4dade2edc.png

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Many people have the same name, but of course they are not the same person. See the most important difference here:

Quran Verses Allah Has No Son (13 verses) - My Islam

image.png.f28cccf7248e9b7ac2bd2dc4dade2edc.png

Allah is the common Arabic word for God.  

If you had read my post carefully you would have learned that the Arabic Christian name for God is "Allah" The term means 'God' for Arabic speakers irrespective of religion.  

Arabic-speaking Muslims, Christians and Jews (including the Teimanim, several Mizraḥi communities, and some Sephardim) use "Allah" as the proper noun for 'God.' 

It is the equivalent of "Yahweh" and "Jehovah".

Edited by JimmyB