IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/25/2023 at 10:28 AM, FreeGrace said:

OK, what is the royal law?  To love God with all your heart, etc, and love your neighbor as yourself.  And that is all about works, lifestyle, obedience.

And none of that will save anyone.

We are saved by grace through faith.

Do you know what "grace" is and means?

Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose.

That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life (Jesus). So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose.

That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life (Jesus). So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

Thanks I would add another opinion ;  Remember the apostle Abel the first listed martyr received the power of grace "looked on by the favor or grace".  Abel the first of the second born used to represent our second birth it was fulfilled with  Jesus the Son of man.  The first born in Adam die the second born the son of God.

Son of man "flesh and blood" . Son of God eternal  Spirit the conversion of the Son of man, Jesus. Jesu the prophet given words from his father said;  "marvel not a man" flesh and blood . . .must be born again from above. marveling is not believing its marveling.Satan the father of lying wonders is the king of wondering .

Legion said in Mathew 4  look at all the kingdoms of the world and all the glory... if you bow down they are all yours. . .Three times the father gave Jesus words to rebuke the spirit of error . . as it is writen, again and again he fled .  Strike three stuck him out back to the bottomles dugout never saw the faith ball coming  .    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  4.20

On 8/17/2023 at 12:10 PM, meshak said:

This kind of message is disregarded by mainstream Christians.

Yes, that's because it turns out that "mainstream" isn't teaching what God's Word is teaching!

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)

Edited by Stan Murff
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  8.04

9 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38).

No, the Bible DOESN'T tell you or me that.  Peter told a crowd who had crucified the Messiah!!  That was a special case.  No one is saved through water baptism.  That crowd HAD to admit Jesus was God's Son!!  That is what Peter meant by "repent".   Context is always king.

And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

Then it appears you disagree with Paul's answer to a jailer who wanted to know what he MUST DO to be saved.  Paul said to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and he would be saved.  I will side with Paul.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose.

And the salvation that Jesus provides is permanent.

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

No, the Bible DOESN'T tell you or me that.  Peter told a crowd who had crucified the Messiah!!  That was a special case.  No one is saved through water baptism.  That crowd HAD to admit Jesus was God's Son!!  That is what Peter meant by "repent".   Context is always king.

One of the first thing Jesus says when he got started in his ministry, Jesus says in Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38). “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Look there some repentance going on here in the Bible. Pauls says in 2 Corinthians 12: 21 and lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Jesus, Peter and Paul tell the world to repent, but say the Bible don't tell you that.

4 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Then it appears you disagree with Paul's answer to a jailer who wanted to know what he MUST DO to be saved.  Paul said to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and he would be saved.  I will side with Paul.

And the salvation that Jesus provides is permanent.

Please copy and paste scriptures and verses!

7 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

One of the first thing Jesus says when he got started in his ministry, Jesus says in Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

That is because "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom 3:23).

Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38). “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

I explained the context for you.  It's up to you to understand and believe it.

Look there some repentance going on here in the Bible. Pauls says in 2 Corinthians 12: 21 and lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Jesus, Peter and Paul tell the world to repent, but say the Bible don't tell you that.

I never said the Bible doesn't say to repent.  The basic meaning of the word is to change your mind with the result of changing directions.

To believe in Christ, one HAS TO change their mind (repent) about a lot of things:

1.  they are a sinner

2.  because of their sin, they cannot earn salvation

3.  Jesus Christ is God's Son and died for all your sins

4.  Trusting in the work of Jesus alone on the cross for salvation will result in salvation

21 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

That is because "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom 3:23).

I explained the context for you.  It's up to you to understand and believe it.

I never said the Bible doesn't say to repent.  The basic meaning of the word is to change your mind with the result of changing directions.

To believe in Christ, one HAS TO change their mind (repent) about a lot of things:

1.  they are a sinner

4.  Trusting in the work of Jesus alone on the cross for salvation will result in salvation

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD(James 2:20). 

Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). 

17 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF!

Does that verse attach salvation to the command?  No.

If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it.

Not true.  Why are believers commanded to "be worthy", be "blameless", etc then?  Can you answer this?

If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him.

The operative word is OUGHT.  Not WILL.

2 Peter 3:11 - Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,

1 John 2:6 - whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 4:11 - Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD(James 2:20).

This isn't a correct example.  Getting a new bike is still EARNED; by getting the good grades.  This isn't money but getting something by earning it according to the rules.

To be rewarded in eternity, one must earn it.  Salvation is a gift; it cannot be earned.

Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation.

Not accurate.  Believers will give an account of their LIVES, not their salvation.

2 Cor 5:10  - For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.  It is not about salvation.  You are quite mistaken.

Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible.

That's what I do.  I recommend that you do too.

YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). 

This is NOT about getting into heaven.  Once saved, it can NEVER be "at state".

God is not One to take back any of His gifts.

Rom 11:29 - for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Phil 2:12 refers to the present tense of salvation.  Here are the 3 tenses of salvation

Past tense salvation:  saved from the penalty of sin.  Justifiation

Present tense salvation:  saved from the power of sin.  Sanctification

Future tense salvation:  saved from the presence of sin.  Glorification

If you disagree, what verses show that I'm wrong?  Thanks.

I want to be correct as much as you want to.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:11 PM, FreeGrace said:

Does that verse attach salvation to the command?  No.

Not true.  Why are believers commanded to "be worthy", be "blameless", etc then?  Can you answer this?

The operative word is OUGHT.  Not WILL.

2 Peter 3:11 - Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,

1 John 2:6 - whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 4:11 - Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

This isn't a correct example.  Getting a new bike is still EARNED; by getting the good grades.  This isn't money but getting something by earning it according to the rules.

To be rewarded in eternity, one must earn it.  Salvation is a gift; it cannot be earned.

Not accurate.  Believers will give an account of their LIVES, not their salvation.

2 Cor 5:10  - For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.  It is not about salvation.  You are quite mistaken.

That's what I do.  I recommend that you do too.

This is NOT about getting into heaven.  Once saved, it can NEVER be "at state".

God is not One to take back any of His gifts.

Rom 11:29 - for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Phil 2:12 refers to the present tense of salvation.  Here are the 3 tenses of salvation

Past tense salvation:  saved from the penalty of sin.  Justifiation

Present tense salvation:  saved from the power of sin.  Sanctification

Future tense salvation:  saved from the presence of sin.  Glorification

If you disagree, what verses show that I'm wrong?  Thanks.

I want to be correct as much as you want to.

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 8/27/2023 at 7:34 PM, FreeGrace said:

1.  they are a sinner

I would offer. 

The loving Commandment "repent  because the kingdom is at hand"  is a living commandment and not make up your own mind come back in a day so as a query .

Not all heard it and obeyed  

The commandment is from the mind of God .as he said. . . his thoughts are not ours . You could say like "manna" ( what is it? ) our daily bread  to strengthen our new born again hearts 

Thomas is used to help understand the work of repentance a labor of God's love . . 

John 20:21-23 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

Above the Son of man Jesus prophesied  the living words as a loving commandments from the father. Receive ye the Holy Ghost His word is alive and life giving  

John 20: 25-30  The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

Thomas did doubt  but doubt is not the opposite of faith. ..  unbelief is. . no faith from God  ,not little none.

Doubt is needed in our decision making. Jesus like with the other apostles previously prophesied to Thomas  the loving commandment. . Receive ye the Holy Ghost and as a witness  Thomas confess the confession of faith (believing)  My Lord my God  

The warning not to look at flesh and blood holes in the hand  was made  effective  ,Be not faithless .Look to the things not seen the eternal