IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/17/2023 at 9:03 AM, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus said in (Matt. 16:24-27) (v.24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. That was the Lord’s burden, to die on the cross for the sins of man. Now as we read earlier every man must bear his own burden, and what is your burden? (v.25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. You must give up your life in this world; you must not get caught up in the cares of this world. You must bring forth-good fruits of faith by keeping God’s commandments, statues, and judgments. (v.26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

Some of the great patriarchs in (Heb.11) gave up a lot, some even their lives in exchange for their soul. You see they had great faith (belief) that their souls (bodies) would be raised at the first resurrection. And some of you won’t even give up some of the littlest things like, going to church on Sunday, the pagan holidays of Christmas and Easter, praying to the Virgin Mary, I could go on and on. And most so-called Christians know these rituals have nothing to do with Jesus and the Bible, but a lot of work get put into them. But do they understand that they are offensive to God? Maybe it’s because they have more faith in man than God, maybe it’s because they fear how man is going to treat them, and  don’t fear God. But listen up; (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Now these are the words of Jesus (the Son of man), you know the savior of the world. He said that when he comes he is going to judge every man according to his works. Don't be deceived thinking you all you need to do is have faith in the Lord and you will be saved? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say that going to church on Sunday and celebrating holidays is sinful? I occasionally attend church on Sunday and I will never stop celebrating holidays, even the so called pagan ones like Resurrection Sunday and Christmas.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

17 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

"One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). 

The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)

Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15). 

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD(James 2:20).

A person can be saved without ever having read the Bible, in fact there will be people in Heaven who never saw a Bible. All that's necessary is for someone to explain the gospel message and for that person to accept it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,472
  • Content Per Day:  8.04

4 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Do not let anyone convince you that it's wrong to keep God's commandments.

I wish you would actually read what I post.  I never suggested otherwise.  What I have said is that keeping commandments WON'T SAVE anyone.  Capiche? 

You have diluted and corrupted the gospel of God by adding works to salvation.  That is blasphemy against God's GRACE.  Do you not even realize that?

Don't let anyone deprive you of the opportunity to receive eternal life.

Oh, stop it.  I POSSESS eternal life on the BASIS of what Jesus SAID in John 5:24 -  “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has (POSSESES) eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

From your posts, you either fail completely to understand this verse or you don't believe it.  Which is it?

We were deprived of this opportunity once, but the death of Jesus has given us another chance.

Your ridiculous andVERY WRONG judgment is odd.  You have been given the opportunity to believe the truth, yet you continue to hang on to your false beliefs. 

To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law.

Right.  And it doesn't lead to salvation.  But one must read Romans 2-4 to know that.

The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins.

No it doesn't.  Water baptism is a ceremony that IDENTIFIES the believer with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments.

Yes, it would, but it wouldn't result in loss of salvation, as you wrongly claim.

Your claim is lame.

If we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27). When Jesus died only the sacrificial law was done away with, alone with Leviticus priesthood.   

What Heb 10:28 is talking about is God's painful discipline towards His children.

Remember, since it is WRONG for a parent to kill his child, it is just as wrong for God to kill His children.

You couldn't be more wrong about salvation.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

2 hours ago, Robtay7123 said:

A person can be saved without ever having read the Bible, in fact there will be people in Heaven who never saw a Bible. All that's necessary is for someone to explain the gospel message and for that person to accept it.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4 KJV

If they don't know possess the TRUTH of Gods words, how can they know what they are accepting or receiving?   Faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the words of God, NOT the hearing of SOME of the words of God SOME MAN THINKS are the right words. 

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth... And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come...Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Who do you think is going to hear I NEVER KNEW YOU?  Those who were deceived into believing they had been 'saved' by saying a few words that had NO TRUTH and no real meaning....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 9/17/2023 at 12:55 PM, FreeGrace said:

I wish you would actually read what I post.  I never suggested otherwise.  What I have said is that keeping commandments WON'T SAVE anyone.  Capiche? 

You have diluted and corrupted the gospel of God by adding works to salvation.  That is blasphemy against God's GRACE.  Do you not even realize that?

Oh, stop it.  I POSSESS eternal life on the BASIS of what Jesus SAID in John 5:24 -  “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has (POSSESES) eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

From your posts, you either fail completely to understand this verse or you don't believe it.  Which is it?

Your ridiculous andVERY WRONG judgment is odd.  You have been given the opportunity to believe the truth, yet you continue to hang on to your false beliefs. 

Right.  And it doesn't lead to salvation.  But one must read Romans 2-4 to know that.

No it doesn't.  Water baptism is a ceremony that IDENTIFIES the believer with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

On 9/17/2023 at 12:55 PM, FreeGrace said:

Yes, it would, but it wouldn't result in loss of salvation, as you wrongly claim.

Your claim is lame.

What Heb 10:28 is talking about is God's painful discipline towards His children.

Remember, since it is WRONG for a parent to kill his child, it is just as wrong for God to kill His children.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev. 21:8)

The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:57 AM, Robtay7123 said:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:8) "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read". (Isaiah 34:16) 

On 9/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, Robtay7123 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say that going to church on Sunday and celebrating holidays is sinful? I occasionally attend church on Sunday and I will never stop celebrating holidays, even the so called pagan ones like Resurrection Sunday and Christmas.

Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

If you can find doing all those celebrations in the word of God, then I apologize. Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, Vine Abider said:

The problem is, no one can live the Christian life, that is, no one but Christ!  So the only way we can live the Christian life is to abide in Him, and let His life in us, live through us.  He, in and through us, while then fulfill the law.

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). 

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 9/17/2023 at 10:55 AM, FreeGrace said:

"But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2 Cor 11:3)

To further FreeGrace's thought, I was considering today @Bro.Tan about this simplicity in Christ.  It can be found just in considering being born-again with a child's eye. Being born humanly means a father has given us biological life.  Once we are born of our human father, we are his child with his life in us, and there's no going back on that.  Same with our loving heavenly Father and us. His eternal life has been put into us and we are born-again as His children.

Children misbehave, but they are still children - they just need some discipline and correction . . . not to be killed.

It's that simple!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). 

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). 

Sounds good!  And that's what Paul thought, but then he had the Romans 7 experience, where he saw he couldn't keep the commandments - he had a major failing (with sin in his flesh) with "Thou shalt not covet."  And according to James 2:10,  if one doesn't keep one part of the law, they fail the whole thing.

The law came to expose sin (do you know where that verse is?) and our utter helplessness, and our total need for Christ.  Christ came for two main reasons:  1) cleanse the vessel (us) of sin, and 2) fill the vessel (us) with His Spirit/life so the "righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who walk  . . . according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4)