IGNORED

Salvation is in your hands, Jesus did his part.

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,465
  • Content Per Day:  8.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

News flash!  The "baptism" here is the baptism of the Holy Spirit who is sealing the believer IN Christ.  Eph 1:13.  Listen to what Peter SAID when he evangelized Cornelius and household:

Acts 11:15 “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said:  ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev. 21:8)

The second death is the LOF, where all who NEVER believed will be cast.  

John 3:18 - Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

2 Thess 2:12 -  and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

These two verses SAY that condemnation is for those who NEVER believed.

Once faith, never perish.  OFNP.

The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). 

The tree of life in the New Jerusalem is a rewared for faithfulness.  Why would anyone assume this is about getting heaven?

It is interesting that I am able to show how the verses you quote don't say or mean what you think they do, yet you NEVER deal with any of the verses I quote that SAY exactly what I say.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

1 minute ago, FreeGrace said:

How do you resolve the conflict between what you put forth and 

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:10 KJV

"I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." Isaiah 45:23 KJV

12 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7 KJV

"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." 1 John 5:16 KJV

51 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

FreeGrace said: 

How do you resolve the conflict between what you put forth and 
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:10 KJV

First, you failed to include the TWO verses that unambiguously support what I said.  That is what people do who want to suppress what supports those they don't agree with.  Jn 3:18 and 2 Thess 2:12 BOTH say that condemnation is for those who NEVER believe.  That's who will be condemned to the LOF.

Second, there is no conflict.  What you are seeing is conflict with what you think is true and what the Bible SAYS.  You know, "IT IS WRITTEN", your fav phrase.

Phil 2:10 applies to both the Bema and LOF.  You'd better believe that at those 2 judgments, EVERY knee will certainly bow before Jesus.

51 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

"I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." Isaiah 45:23 KJV

Ditto.

But, for clarification, can you describe what you claim is a conflict?  I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Oy Vey! 1

50 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

FreeGrace said: 

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Wowsers.  For someone who likes to claim "IT IS WRITTEN", it sure seems you don't put much stock isn what is actually written.  It seems all the verses I have shared just roll off your back like water on a duck.

I bet you think, like so many, that Heb 6 (once again you fail to include the citation, and just give the verse #) is talking about loss of salvation.  In SPITE of the very clear and UNAMBIGUOUS verses that I've shared that make loss of salvation impossible, or, makes Jesus a LIAR.  Which is what all who keep pushing the false loss of salvation idea are doing.  In John 10:28 Jesus was clear about the result of who is given eternal life, which is WHEN they become believers, per Jn 5:24, which is, they shall never perish.  Why anyone would just keep their head down and push harder against the truth is really beyond me.

All you're doing is trying to make Jesus a LIAR.

The text is about believers who return to animal sacrifice, which was only a picture of Christ and His sacrifice.  They have left the reality for a shadow.  The author is saying that it is impossible for such people to come to repentance.  

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7 KJV

Every one who claims that salvation can be lost IS MOCKING GOD.  

"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." 1 John 5:16 KJV

The "sin unto death" is sin that leads to physical death.  We see such an example of the incestuous man in 1 Cor 5:5, and many in the Corinthain congregation who were abusing communnion in 1 Cor 11:30, and Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5.

Maybe you just haven't thought enough of all this through.  When Jesus gives the gift of eternal life, that life cannot die.  Why would ANYONE think otherwise and keep making such ridiculous claims?

If words mean things, and they DO, then eternal life is..... wait for it..... ETERNAL.

That word means life that will NOT end.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 9/17/2023 at 12:33 PM, DeighAnn said:

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4 KJV

If they don't know possess the TRUTH of Gods words, how can they know what they are accepting or receiving?   Faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the words of God, NOT the hearing of SOME of the words of God SOME MAN THINKS are the right words. 

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth... And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come...Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Who do you think is going to hear I NEVER KNEW YOU?  Those who were deceived into believing they had been 'saved' by saying a few words that had NO TRUTH and no real meaning....

I had missionaries in mind. You can go to people who don't have Bibles and teach them the true gospel and they can be saved. Obviously they can't live the same way we can if they don't know God's law, but salvation can still be achieved with 1 faithful person to show them the way.

3 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:8) "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read". (Isaiah 34:16) 

So your saying that it's not possible for someone to be saved without reading the Bible? Then how do people without a Bible get saved?

3 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

If you can find doing all those celebrations in the word of God, then I apologize. Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law.

So there are many things that aren't in the Bible. If you are going to use that logic, then you can't drive a car or use a phone or celebrate any holiday except Jewish ones because all those things aren't in the Bible. If you can show me where it says Easter and Christmas are sinful, I'll gladly stop celebrating them. But you can't use absence of someone as evidence of condemnation. That's twisting scripture. 

1 hour ago, FreeGrace said:

Every one who claims that salvation can be lost IS MOCKING GOD.  

Better hope those assumptions that GOD just 'says some things' that have no real meaning, is truly HIS TRUTH and not just yours...

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:19 KJV  but I am thinking this also somehow will turn out like everything else, me just :th_frusty:

"The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven." Deuteronomy 29:20 KJV

"Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous." Psalms 69:28 KJV

I sometimes wonder if people actually see God as the author of confusion.  To me, it just looks like GOD IS THE SAME as He has ALWAYS been, always will be.

Hearing 'can't lose salvation' to me is no different than someone saying there is no 2nd death, there is no need to fear destruction of both body and soul, like GOD IS NOT A CONSUMING fire, or the most ridiculous of all... souls don't perish in the Lake of fire because the lake itself is eternal.  :39:   How is it the meaning of smoke or the morning dew 'vanishing' isn't a good enough, I just don't get it.  Such simplicity.  

Then again, if one can DEMAND a single resurrection doesn't happen ONCE but twice...nothing is off limits.  

So, that is where I find conflict that you don't find.  That is where I see things that you don't see.  These are why our understanding is never the same. These are just more areas in which we don't agree.  This is why I understand it is time to part ways, wouldn't it be something if we could agree on that?  

Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

All you're doing is trying to make Jesus a LIAR.

Silly me, thought I would read one more, my mistake...