IGNORED

How do you explain the lack of archaeological evidence for the exodus narrative?

plo1988

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, FJK said:

This is looking more and more like a deliberate attempt to introduce doubt and false doctrine into the Church than anything that would make it stronger and more meaningful to its members, is this what you are doing?

If I introduce doubt, you blame me? In my opinion the truth should never fear hard examination, because in the end it will prevail. And once the truth has been verified it shall be an even stronger center for faith.

I shall ask my question now. Why do you fear skepticism?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

If I introduce doubt, you blame me? In my opinion the truth should never fear hard examination, because in the end it will prevail. And once the truth has been verified it shall be an even stronger center for faith.

I shall ask my question now. Why do you fear skepticism?

You're very clever in you evasion but not as clever as you think you are, you will not state your motives for trying to make people doubt.

You can ask me questions after you have answered mine.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  744
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

23 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

If I introduce doubt, you blame me?

You said, Therefore it is not rational to believe that everything in the bible is true, or that the bible held all of the relevant facts. And of note, were those prophesies in the bible put to paper before they occurred or after?

I'll address the last one first, because it shows that you have no understanding whatever of the Bible.  They wouldn't be prophesies if they were written after, now would they?  Prophesies were made sometimes hundreds or even thousands of years before being fulfilled.  The things we see happening now were foretold over 2,000 years ago.  Just so you know, you can see when the books were written here.

So then we look to the question, is it true?  Jesus said that the Bible is the inspired word of God.  He constantly referred to the Scriptures in His teaching.  "It is written...." "Have you not read..." etc.  So if you believe in Jesus you should believe that the Bible is, indeed, God's word.  If you DON'T believe in Jesus you will never understand the Bible.  The truth of God's word is hidden from you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 3/13/2024 at 10:49 PM, FJK said:

you will not state your motives for trying to make people doubt.

Because it is in everyone best interests that we cast off superstition, unfounded tales and challenge barbaric practices as acceptable.

What if you died, did discover there was an afterlife, but denied heaven because God had decided that the bible and religion was a test for the gullible, who are not worthy of Heaven?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  744
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

8 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

What if you died, did discover there was an afterlife, but denied heaven because God had decided that the bible and religion was a test for the gullible, who are not worthy of Heaven?

What if you woke up in the morning with a horn growing out of your forehead and wings?

What if the Bible IS true and the scoffers and unbelievers are cast into a lake of fire for eternity?

What if you died today and had to stand in front of God to give an accounting for everything you've said or done?