IGNORED

Rash Hashanah, Book Of Life, Relativ-ism (Relatively good)

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/book-of-life/

Upon reading the latest WCF Devotion referencing a time of repentance, my mind wandered to the Book Of Life and Rash Hashanah, as I looked up resources as a refresher for me, I came across the article linked above.

As I read it I found that it seems it is not only Christianity that wanders  and warbles around, Judaism  (Some of it's proponents) does too. Seems this particular "Rabbi" is finding acceptance of the convenience of relative goodness to be acceptable to God, -for another year anyway. Lots of "stuff" to chew on within this short article linked above.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, Neighbor said:

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/book-of-life/

Upon reading the latest WCF Devotion referencing a time of repentance, my mind wandered to the Book Of Life and Rash Hashanah, as I looked up resources as a refresher for me, I came across the article linked above.

As I read it I found that it seems it is not only Christianity that wanders  and warbles around, Judaism  (Some of it's proponents) does too. Seems this particular "Rabbi" is finding acceptance of the convenience of relative goodness to be acceptable to God, -for another year anyway. Lots of "stuff" to chew on within this short article linked above.

For those who aren't familiar with the leading post, Judaism or Messianic Judaism, the discussion of a very complex tradition can be confusing.

Without contradicting anything written by my brother above, I'd like to mention the REASON for modern Jewish interpretations of Rosh Hashanah.  

Shavua Tov Tikatevu

When Herod's temple was destroyed in 70 AD the Jewish tradition of animal worship was forcibly abandoned.  They no longer had a place to offer sacrifice for SIN.   In God's design, animal sacrifices were no longer necessary.  Therefore the temple wasn't necessary either.  Heaven commanded its destruction.  There are other reasons for the crushing attack upon Israel at that time, but for reasons of the present High Holy Day we restrict our discussion upon animal sacrifice.

Y'shuah is our sacrifice for SIN.   

A few Christians understand this - not many I admit, but they do.   A few Jews understand it too, but most do not.  Those that DO understand this are called Messianic Jews.   Those that don't continue in a sort of mental and spiritual frustration in a pointless effort to justify themselves before each other and God.  They fail every time.

Like the Dutch boy who stuck his finger in his leaking dike, modern Jews have tried unsuccessfully to patch the hole in justification.  Instead of the blood of animal sacrifices, now impossible and instead of believing Y'shuah (Jesus) is the sacrifice God accepts they stuff good deeds in the hole made by SIN.

We are not justified by good works.  One ought to consider that something Adonai (God) hates might not be useful in gaining peace with Him because that which comes from rebellion and SIN cannot justify a sinner.  Only that which God has established can gain peace with Him - THAT SOMETHING is Y'shuah (Jesus).   All that's required is to believe in Him.

but that seems to be too much for a lot of people - Jews and Christians combined......

It's all about good works and giving contribution$ to wayward religious establishment.....

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Interesting! 1