IGNORED

Is The Modern Day Church Format Found In The Bible?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Church to me, Should look like the Episcopal church I went to a couple of times, But had to leave because they had been admonished by the Anglican Communion, and are not heeding warnings.

I have mostly been at contemporary churches, but someone should probably ask me how often I think about the Roman Empire,........................

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/24/2023 at 2:07 AM, Open7 said:

Is the modern church we see today, as in, a Sunday morning service a few songs from a band are played, notices, then a sermon, then a few more songs, then a chat in a cafe, do we see this in the Bible? I think the answer is no.

Does this make it wrong? Or not entirely wrong, but it’s not exactly the bullseye of what God intended? It’s maybe outside the bullseye, so it’s doing something, souls are being won over, but maybe it’s not quite Gods first choice?

What do people think?

If I understand the question... most Christian churches operate on a format which is a variation of what I call the cathedralization of Christian congregations. Briefly, I am no fan of Roman Catholicism and consider it a hostile take over of the early Church body through which many pagan practices were inculcated through the traditions of man.

There is obviously no harm in congregating. The very definition of "church" is "assembly."

But to cookie cut each and every one promotes a dead form of devotion where rote and liturgical steps are repeated to the point holy scripture is almost completely out of the picture. Relegated to a reference source in some musty bookshelf in the basement of the the Church building.

How many of the Churches teach that every believer in Jesus Christ is a priest of God (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9)?

Or that the true division of old and new covenants is on the cross of Christ and not between Malachi 4 and Matthew 1 (Hebrews 9:16-17)?

Or more importantly that man is not the interpreter of scripture, the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible is (2 Peter 1:20-21)?

Jesus warned about the traditions of man nullifying the very Word of God (Mark 7:13) and making the worship of him in vain (Mark 7:7).

Salvation was supposed to infest and infect the world exponentially through the ministries of the individual priests of God under the guide and tutelage of the Holy Spirit.

Instead, the course of most churches, denominations, etc. is repeatedly building towers of babel.     

• Thumbs Up 1