IGNORED

USE NOT VAIN REPETITIONS, AS THE HEATHEN DO !

Santoso

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.27
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  0

Beloved ones, we heard:

“But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Have we used vain repetitions as the heathen do, when we pray? If we have not used vain repetitions as the heathen do, WHAT HAVE WE USED, when we pray? 

If the heathens think that they shall be heard for their much speaking, then HOW SHOULD WE THINK, that we shall be heard for our much NOT speaking? 

This,  we heard our Lord Jesus said:

“Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Give us this day our daily bread.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we have not used vain repetitions as the heathen do, WHAT HAVE WE USED, when we pray; THIS HAVE WE USED, for after this manner therefore pray we, as our Lord Jesus said: 

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

‭‭Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

‭Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

‭‭And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

If this have we used when we pray,  can we consider ourselves have not used vain repetitions, as the heathen do? 

HOW ? 

For we heard, for they (THE HEATHENS) THINK that they shall be heard for their much speaking, when they pray with vain repetitions. 

If the heathens think that they shall be heard for their much speaking, then HOW SHOULD WE THINK? How shall we be heard, for not much speaking? 

THAT SHOULD WE THINK: “for our Father knoweth what things we have need of, before we ask Him.”; that shall we be heard for our NOT much speaking, 

BUT BELIEVE, that we shall receive what things we have need of,for our Father knoweth, for after this manner therefore pray we, as our Lord Jesus said.

Be NOT we therefore like unto the heathens, that we BELIEVE that we shall receive what things we have need of,for our Father knoweth, for after this manner therefore pray we, as our Lord Jesus said: 

‭‭And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Selah

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ.

Amen

Pray:

Our Father which art in heaven, for You knoweth what things I have need of, before I ask You.

This I speak not much, but think, that I believe that I shall receive what things I have need of,for You are our Father that knoweth.

That after this manner therefore I pray, as our Lord Jesus said:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 10/8/2023 at 3:10 PM, Santoso said:

Have we used vain repetitions as the heathen do

No but you hxzave repeated the Lord's  prayer 4 times in two posts, in my opinion  that in pointless repetition. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 10/8/2023 at 3:10 PM, Santoso said:

WHAT HAVE WE USED, when we pray? 

God wants us to pray. He'll  put up with incohbabling, long winded repetitive  prayers, blunt statements, stammering stuttering prayers so long as we pray.

His spirit in  us will interpret  what we do and do not say to God.

The important thing is that we pray.

9 hours ago, Who me said:

No but you hxzave repeated the Lord's  prayer 4 times in two posts, in my opinion  that in pointless repetition. 

Beloved ones, we are instructed by our Lord when we pray, we use NOT vain repetitions as heathen do, for we heard for the heathens THINK that they shall be heard for much speaking.

And our Lord instructed that be we not like unto them.

HOW? 
Thereafter, we heard our Lord Jesus Himself said:

“Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If be NOT we therefore like unto the heathens, when we pray, what we use is the prayer that our Lord Jesus taught us, we do REPEAT this prayer but NOT IN VAIN, for we do not think for we shall be heard for much speaking but  we shall be heard, for we THINK that our Father knew what things we have need of, before we ask Him AND WE BELIEVE that we shall receive what things we need, for we ask Him. 

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ.Amen

Let us pray:

I pray, Abba,

that I believe I shall receive what things I need of, for you are my father which art in heaven that knew what things I need of.

I give thanks for Your loving kindness.

Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

This is a good one. I was thinking of that recently. It can become a work that you do yourself out of panic instead of a prayer in faith.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

4 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

This is a good one. I was thinking of that recently. It can become a work that you do yourself out of panic instead of a prayer in faith.

@Renskedejonge Yes; it's possible to go repeating good and right things in  prayer but in a mechanical and wrong way. This is why just being a member of a Reformed (etc.) church is not enough. Prayer and the Scriptures are and should be heartfelt pursuits, right?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

53 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Renskedejonge Yes; it's possible to go repeating good and right things in  prayer but in a mechanical and wrong way. This is why just being a member of a Reformed (etc.) church is not enough. Prayer and the Scriptures are and should be heartfelt pursuits, right?

Yes but evangelical etc can be legalistic too. I went to a meeting and they said you had to pay tithes of your time. Pray 2.4 hours a day. I always had the idea that I had to pray so many hours before God could do something. That's just own works and unbelief.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Renskedejonge said:

Yes but evangelical etc can be legalistic too. I went to a meeting and they said you had to pay tithes of your time. Pray 2.4 hours a day. I always had the idea that I had to pray so many hours before God could do something. That's just own works and unbelief.

@Renskedejonge Well, Romans 8 speaks of the Spirit of Christ indwelling born again believers and causing them to cry, Abba, Father. This is not something that can supposedly be caused to happen by turning prayer on and off like a tap, so to speak. I'm sure you would agree.