tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

1 Kings 10:14 The weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you really thought about it? What would your decision be? If you had to choose? Your stuff, your money, or God? If you could only buy with a mark? If you had to forfeit your stuff today, would you?

Just something to consider.

What is idolotry anyway?

Anything that comes "before" God. No matter what it is. Is our nation in a state of idolatry?

I believe so.

What does it mean to be "clad in foreign clothes"?

Just something to ponder.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Zeph 1:. 4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; 5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and and that swear by Malcham;

(You can't serve 2 masters)

In His Love,

Suzanne

No comments at all? Why so quiet here?

In His Love,

Suzanne

THE DAY OF THE LORD

Malachi 4

1 "For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the Lord of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves. 3 You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this," Says the Lord of hosts.

4 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments. 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."

Remember the Law of Moses?

What was significant about Elijah's ministry? If one will be sent in the same spirit before the Day of the Lord?

1 Kings 18:17 Then it happened, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said to him, "Is that you, O troubler of Israel?" And he answered, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have, in that you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and have followed the Baals.

1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word.

Is it what he will be saying regarding the Commandments and idolatry?

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

prophet: #5030,5012,5016

A prophet-one who encourages a restoring/return to covenant faithfulness-obedience

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

THE DAY OF THE LORD

Malachi 4

1 "For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the Lord of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves. 3 You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this," Says the Lord of hosts.

4 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments. 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."

Remember the Law of Moses?

What was significant about Elijah's ministry? If one will be sent in the same spirit before the Day of the Lord?

1 Kings 18:17 Then it happened, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said to him, "Is that you, O troubler of Israel?" And he answered, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have, in that you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and have followed the Baals.

1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word.

Is it what he will be saying regarding the Commandments and idolatry?

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

prophet: #5030,5012,5016

A prophet-one who encourages a restoring/return to covenant faithfulness-obedience

In His Love,

Suzanne

God is giving you excellent insight here and I look forward to hearing more of what God is revealing to you by His Spirit.

Press on!

Guest ShamashOfYeshua
I wanted to share this particular set of verses, in hopes that I would have confirmation from others who are in the Word.

The particular verse this stems from is Luke 16:16 with strong emphasis on the word "presseth".  I have had this verse in mind and study for 3 years now, and this morning I received a new understanding on it, and wanted to share it.  I found it very interesting, due to the correlation with the number 10.  This verse was first brought to my attention amidst a very indepth study of the 10 Commandments.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. 17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. 18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

presseth

Strongs #971

to use force, to apply force

to force, inflict violence on

Also in Matthew 11:12

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

See Exodus 19:21, 19:24

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail

tittle

Strongs #2762

a little horn

extremity, apex, point

used by grammarians of the accents and diacritical points. Jesus used it of the little lines or projections, by which the Hebrew letters in other respects similar differ from one another; the meaning is, "not even the minutest part of the law shall perish".

From the original word:

kevra

Guest shadow2b
No comments at all? Why so quiet here?

In His Love,

Suzanne

:t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: :t3: ----GREAT dissertation on zeph. very good----I kind-a-think everyone is quietly REFlecting on such an awesome word---at least i am........thank you very much---

Suzanne----GOD-BLESS------------------------------------{Gary}--- :il:

• 2 weeks later...

For any who are interested, I am posting further on this topic. I really considered adding it here, but I want them both to be considered separately. If you are interested, please read this one first, then read the following, after I have completed the posting titled:

"The Abomination and the Temple"

In His Love,

Suzanne

The Abomination and the Temple

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...=ST&f=11&t=3280