mrcorey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

After experiencing quite a demonic attack myself, it only seems to happen if your vulnerable to it. Just my own opinion, but it may happen to test us also. The closer you get to God and repent of sin in your life, this will help. Really try to follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and they may flee altogether. It is true that demons can and will influence us as much as possible when were vulnerable to them. The closer you get to God, hopefully they will leave you alone. :thumbsup:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Unless you define demons as bad Habits, If you can say and believe in your heart that Jesus is LORD then you do NOT have a devil.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

(1 Corinthians 12:3 KJV)

Unless you define demons as bad Habits, If you can say and believe in your heart that Jesus is LORD then you do NOT have a devil.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

(1 Corinthians 12:3 KJV)

Believe me when I say this was no bad habit, it's very real when a person comes under attack. It definetely can happen when were vulnerable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

When you are born again the demonic spirit has to leave you, however, there is such a thing as a stronghold and until you receive deliverence, that stronghold remains. Christians can be oppressed but not possessed.

I have more to say, but I'm at work so will check back later.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If the scripture was translated properly, it would say "demonized" not "possessed."

That makes more sense.

Whatever you want to call it or however you want to describe it, I could feel I had a personality change and only faught aga8inst it because I knew what was going on. If I didn't, I probably have gone along with it, thinking it was me. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

After experiencing quite a demonic attack myself, it only seems to happen if your vulnerable to it. Just my own opinion, but it may happen to test us also. The closer you get to God and repent of sin in your life, this will help. Really try to follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and they may flee altogether. It is true that demons can and will influence us as much as possible when were vulnerable to them. The closer you get to God, hopefully they will leave you alone. :thumbsup:

What kind of demonic attack? I'm not sure if demons are allowed to physically touch a believer. In my experience, I sensed their presence but they could not touch me. The Holy Spirit is our clothes. It gives us the greatest authority in the universe, like a police uniform gives him authority to enforce the law. If at anytime we want demons to flee all we need to do is exercise our authority: use the Name of Jesus.

I believe that if we do not exercise this authority the demons could do whatever they want. We need to literally say out loud "In the Name of Jesus." I find that too many believers are not taking romans 10:13 literally. "For whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved". This is a literal calling and not just a prayer. And "saved" is not just our eternal redemption but for ALL our situations in this life.

What kind of demonic attack? I'm not sure if demons are allowed to physically touch a believer. In my experience, I sensed their presence but they could not touch me. The Holy Spirit is our clothes. It gives us the greatest authority in the universe, like a police uniform gives him authority to enforce the law. If at anytime we want demons to flee all we need to do is exercise our authority: use the Name of Jesus.

I believe that if we do not exercise this authority the demons could do whatever they want. We need to literally say out loud "In the Name of Jesus." I find that too many believers are not taking romans 10:13 literally. "For whoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved". This is a literal calling and not just a prayer. And "saved" is not just our eternal redemption but for ALL our situations in this life.

I totally understand what your saying. Yes, demons will flee in the name of Jesus. The only problem was that at the time, I was fooled by them. Unfortunately, not being very well read with the scriptures at the time, they literally fooled me into thinking it was judgement day among other things. They knew my weaknesses and ran a mile with them. So that's why I've really tried hard to fill in the gaps of reading the Bible more so hopefully that will never happen again.

Remember when Jesus was asleep in a boat with His disciples. A great storm conjured up by the wind. The disciples got scared and CALLED out to Jesus to help them. Jesus got up and REBUKED the wind and the waves. The disciples were amazed and exclaimed "Even the the winds and waves must obey Him!!".

The wind represents the evil spirits and the waves represent the trouble it causes. The boat represents our life.

In our life, we may find ourselves in a middle of a storm. Just call out to Jesus and He WILL save you!

Remember when Jesus was asleep in a boat with His disciples. A great storm conjured up by the wind. The disciples got scared and CALLED out to Jesus to help them. Jesus got up and REBUKED the wind and the waves. The disciples were amazed and exclaimed "Even the the winds and waves must obey Him!!".

The wind represents the evil spirits and the waves represent the trouble it causes. The boat represents our life.

In our life, we may find ourselves in a middle of a storm. Just call out to Jesus and He WILL save you!

Yes that is very nice to always keep in mind. I'm still trying to figure out what happened and why. Maybe I never will completely figure it out, but at least I'm on the right track now.

I totally understand what your saying. Yes, demons will flee in the name of Jesus. The only problem was that at the time, I was fooled by them. Unfortunately, not being very well read with the scriptures at the time, they literally fooled me into thinking it was judgement day among other things. They knew my weaknesses and ran a mile with them. So that's why I've really tried hard to fill in the gaps of reading the Bible more so hopefully that will never happen again.

I see. Thanks for sharing this. The scriptures are the Sword of the Spirit. We use it against Satan and his kingdom. I once had a friend who was possessed by a spirit. And when we called on the Name of the Lord together and I had him receive Christ into his being, he was ok. I then reminded him to use scripture against the demons if they try to come back. Particularly 1 John 4:4 and the Name of Jesus. Later that night he was bothered by those demons...they would shake his bed and wake him up. He got scared and ran out the room and slept in the living room.

I believe during that time they did not touch him. But he didnt even use the Name of Jesus or speak scripture against them. He's now worse off. Even though I have baptised him and heard him confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord and Savior....he's become an unbeliever. He has told me to stop praying for him and simply that he does not belong to God. He in fact knows there's something in him and he doesn't want to give it up. And Joe is a very nice friendly guy. No one would suspect there's any demon in him.

His family is catholic and he probably goes to the catholic mass. But inside he is filled with something that is not God. He never had a heart for God and never used the Name of Christ or scripture against his demons. I think it's because he doesnt want to. Before he was lost. Now he is even worse.