• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Can we know when the world will end? I know the Bible says that no one knows the day and hour of Christ's return or when the world's going to "end." The scripture makes that perfectly clear. But the Bible says that we can know the time and seasons surrounding His coming. The conditions are so ripe and these events have already been happening. Disease and immorality running rampant and there are wars and rumors of wars and earthquakes, etc, have been occurring. We all know this and we know that they signify that Jesus is coming again soon. But let's look a little deeper.

The message of the Bible is so simple that it can be summed up in a few verses and yet it's a book of so much depth that we could study it for a lifetime and not even begin to fathom all of its truth.

The Bible says in Isaiah 46 (and again in Isaiah 48) that God declares the end from the beginning. So, let's look back at the beginning, at the creation story. Why did God take six days to create the world and end on the seventh? A lot of people think it was too illustrate the work week, but I believe it goes beyond that. Why would God take six days to create the world, and rest on the seventh, when He could have created it all in the blink of an eye?

When you study the word "day" and "days" in the Bible, there are interesting passages that relate to this. Perhaps God was indicating to us how much time we would have on this earth. The Old Testament is full of foreshadowing. An example is when Abraham sacrificed His son, Isaac. That event actually happened but it was also a picture of what God would do with His Son, Jesus, on the cross as an offering for the sins of the world.

Now, why would God take six days to create the world? Is this a picture of something we need to know? 2 Peter 3:8, which refers to the second coming of Christ, the Bible says that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. Psalms 90 says that a thousand years in God's sight are as but yesterday. So, could this be that the six days of creation were to indicate to us the time that man would have on this earth would be about 6,000 years with the seventh day of rest picturing the 1,000 year millennial reign when Christ comes back to set up His earthly kingdom of righteousness and peace?

Bible scholars have calculated from the first man, Adam, to the first coming of Jesus to be about 4,000 years. If that's the case, we could be living at the very end of what the New Testament calls "the last days."

When God measures time in the Bible, He does it by sevens. When God created the world, He did it in seven days. (The seventh day being a day of rest.) According to the Old Testament law, the Jews were commanded to rest every seven days. Plus, the seventh week after the Passover they celebrated the big feast of the rest. The seventh month was perhaps the most important when they celebrated three of their biggest feasts of the rest. The seventh year was a year of rest for the land from planting crops. Every 49 years (that's 7x7) they celebrated the year of Jubilee, which is a year of rest for the land and liberty for the people.

So, it makes sense that God would set up this 7,000 year period for man to occupy this earth, with the last 1,000 years being a time of rest, when Jesus comes back to set up His earthly kingdom (Revelation 20). It's clear that when God deals with time, He does so with sevens. There's no other more predominant system in the Bible.

The second coming of Christ is the most important day on God's calendar. He wants us to know about it, including the timing.

Remember the Old Testament prophet Hosea? In chapter six he's talking about Israel, God's chosen nation who was always rejecting God. The nation was going to be torn apart but verse two says that after two days He will revive them and third day He will raise them up to live in His sight. What is this? Well, when Jesus came, Israel rejected Him as their Messiah so God scattered the nation all over the globe. For 1,900 years there is no nation of Israel. But God says that after two days

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Amen!!!!!! Wonderful Post........... Very Good Reading to make one think!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

:thumbsup: Bravo!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can we know when the world will end?

Of course We can, because we know that " end " will be beginning of our eternity. If that is something you don't know, than it would be much better if that " end " don't happen'.

If you don't know the truth now, chances are you never will.

I know the Bible says that no one knows the day and hour of Christ's return or when the world's going to "end."

This time He didn't came to end up getting murdered, this time He is here to take over.

He was born again in different flash, same old spirit who started first day, to come back,

and start seventh. That is why Revelation ends with Genesis. All of us, that were by default turn into dirt, are now getting new eternal existance. So everyone who died and turn back into dirt,

will live now through Us. And everything will remain in sync with science, this time without time.

there are many aspects that I feel, and you feel too :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Keith,

You may want to add the following verses to your collection:

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Matthew 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

John 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Thanks for the help there, Dad Ernie! What I typed is nowhere near being a complete study. It was a very general synopsis at best. I wish I were wise enough to lay this out and explain it with detail and understanding.

I have to say, understanding this, even to the small extent that I do, has really fueled a fire in me and excited me a great deal! I've been concentrating on spending as much time as possible with the Father, in prayer and in the Word. It's so addictive! More and more of life is coming into perspective for me and I'm so excited about the rest of my walk with God while here on the earth! How?

My priorities have been radically changed, by His radical grace. Any discontentment I felt has vanished! I no longer care what I do for a living or where I live or what the Lord calls me to do for Him. As long as He uses me and I am able to finish the work He's given me to do. The most exciting part of this is that I can't do it! I mean, I really can't do it! He will have to do it through me as I depend on, and yield, to Him! For that reason, only He will get the glory for it and people will have to acknowledge that God is real because there is no way that Keith could ever do that. People will see Jesus through me. What greater honor could be given to me?!

My life isn't a bed of roses, don't get me wrong. But you know what? It really doesn't matter! I am so happy and content with where I am and what I've been given! Any trials going on in my life, I consider blessings! God is using them to teach me and shape me into His image. They are merely opportunities for God to work wondrous things so that He will receive glory and honor through them!

I just want to serve and share Jesus with anyone who will listen. I'm willing to sell everything I own or give it away and just travel around as He leads me if asked. The amazing thing to me is that I don't feel this out of my own emotions anymore. It's finally based on love. His love, for me and for others. I want only what He wants. I just wish that I could be invisible, so to speak. I don't want there to be any mistake that it's me, but Jesus.

I know I'm babbling now, and I'm sorry. I just feel so much love, joy and gratitude to the Father for anything and everything! Most of all for knowing me and the number of hairs on my head, loving me in spite of myself, caring about what happens to me, giving His Son to die for my filth, planning for my arrival on earth and in heaven, and for forgiving - without condemnation - the many wasted years I've spent selfishly. Yeah, gratitude is a good word for it!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Amen

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/26/1968

:emot-hug: AWESOME Keith!!!! Absolutely awesome!!!! I would say that not only did the realization of these things excite you, but, renewed your fire for Christ!!! That's contagious!!!!!!! Thanks for all these words!!! It psyches me up too!!!!!

Praise His HOLY name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

At His feet,

Lorie

:blink: AWESOME Keith!!!! Absolutely awesome!!!! I would say that not only did the realization of these things excite you, but, renewed your fire for Christ!!! That's contagious!!!!!!! Thanks for all these words!!! It psyches me up too!!!!!

Praise His HOLY name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emot-hug:

At His feet,

Lorie

To God be all the glory! It's a brand new day! I wonder what God has in mind for it today? :wub:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Thank you Keith for sharing this, it seems like I keep getting more pieces to put together, it is definately making my prayer and praise more interesting. I'm enjoying the books by the way!

:emot-hug: