• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

I  RECEIVE  NOT  TESTIMONY  FROM  MAN

PSALM 27:14  wait on  THE  LORD  be of good courage and  HE  shall strengthen thine heart wait I say on  THE  LORD

PSALM 37:34  wait on  THE  LORD  and keep  HIS  way and  HE  shall exalt thee to inherit the land when the wicked are cut off thou shalt see it

PSALM 130:5  I wait for  THE  LORD  my soul doth wait and in  HIS  word do I hope 

PROVERBS 22:20  HAVE  NOT  I  WRITTEN  TO  THEE  EXCELLENT  THINGS  IN  COUNSELS  AND  KNOWLEDGE

--22:21-- that I might make thee know the  ---  the certainty of the words of truth  ---  that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee

ECCLESIASTES 12:10  the preacher sought to find out acceptable words and --- that which was written was upright  --- EVEN  WORDS  OF  TRUTH ---

LUKE 8:15  but that on the good ground are they --- which in an honest and good heart having heard the  --WORD--  keep it and bring forth fruit with patience ---

LAMENTATIONS 3:25  THE  LORD  is good unto them that wait for  HIM  to the soul that seeketh  HIM

JAMES1:3  knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience 

--1:4-- but let patience have her perfect work that you may be perfect and entire wanting nothing

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  CONSIDER  WHAT  I  SAY  AND  THE  LORD  GIVE  THEE  UNDERSTANDING  IN  ALL  THINGS THE

PROVERBS 21:16  the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

Figure of speech there, in my post.

But yes, i'm not a Jew, and ive never felt a conviction from the Lord when i mix meat and milk.

Who is Bill?

Hi @itty-bitty lamb Good also to remember such passages as Peter's vision in Acts, where clearly dietary restrictions are seen essentially to belong to the Old Testament.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 3:13 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

trying to enhance the Word of God, i wouldn't feel comfortable writing them off as folly, because i would feel like i am placing a limit on God and His ability to reach the hearts of those listening.

@itty-bitty lamb Agreed. It's always good to make sure that the difference between the Word of God and human comment is clear, in any case.

(I am reminded sometimes of Howard Hunt the CIA's chief plumber at Watergate admitting to Congress that he had 'improved the record' of a cable sent by JFK....)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

A  LIMIT  ON  GOD  ---  POOR  EXCUSE  FOR  DISOBEDIENCE

2 PETER 1:3  ACCORDING  AS  HIS  DIVINE  POWER  HATH  GIVEN  UNTO  US  --ALL  THINGS  THAT  PERTAIN  UNTO  LIFE  AND  GODLINESS --- THROUGH  THE  KNOWLEDGE  OF  HIM  THAT  HATH  CALLED  US  TO  GLORY  AND  VIRTUE

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

On 12/2/2023 at 3:30 AM, Willa said:

Psa 34:8

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

@Willa Great verse there. Lots of applications I'm sure.

• Loved it! 1