Snow

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Of course you know one purpose of our Chistian journey is to build character and how is that going to happen if we don't have battles? Everyone has an inroad where God allows Satan to buffet us. Sounds like you just shared yours. I think an upside is to see this as an opportunity rather than a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, NConly said:

Romans 12:

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

@NConly Really is a great verse, isn't it? :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

On 12/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, Michael37 said:

There are some very angry, aggressive, and devious people at large.

I am convinced that God doesn't want His People to be dominated, intimidated, manipulated, or seduced, so when threatened by antagonists I tell them I want to speak to them about the Lord Jesus Christ and proceed to tell them that Christ died for them to take away their sin.

A number of times whilst carrying out my groundkeeping duties when no other staff are present at the government installation I am contracted to, I have been approached in an antisocial and menacing way by transients on site without authorisation. More than once I have been charged at and threatened with violence by an agitated individual who has parked up and left a mess, and been asked to clean it up and stop trespassing. My challenge for him to stop in the name of Jesus Christ has been effective, and my references to his sin being paid for by Jesus Christ on the cross reduced his aggression to belligerently bringing his face to within centremetres of mine, at which time I told him Jesus loved him and I wanted to be his friend. Some interesting dialogue has taken place, with colourful language used to question what I knew about his sin, my answer being again that I knew Christ had died to take away his sin and set him free from it.

With the help of the Holy Spirit these confrontations were de-escalated with plenty of verbal assaults but no actual physical contact, and more signs have been placed to warn such persons to stay off the premises, from which plants, landscape features, and vehicles have been stolen.

Wow!! great response Michael thank you :)

i know we are not perfect and maybe? All have a thorn in our side?? I know i am not perfect and am glad to have something that cannmake me humble.. 

God bless you and i pray you stay safe brother in Jesus Name

Mike

On 12/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, NConly said:

Romans 12:

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

hi NConly .. Thank you for your response :)

I have actually read the bible :)

God bless

Mike

On 12/1/2023 at 11:27 PM, farouk said:

@NConly Good to quote, maybe easy to quote but it can also take a lifetime to perfect, as we seek increasingly to be led by the grace of God and concentrate on Gospel priorities.

I loooove this :)

God bless you Farouk

i am sure i like you :)

Mike

On 12/4/2023 at 11:22 PM, 2404 said:

Of course you know one purpose of our Chistian journey is to build character and how is that going to happen if we don't have battles? Everyone has an inroad where God allows Satan to buffet us. Sounds like you just shared yours. I think an upside is to see this as an opportunity rather than a problem.

Hi 2404..

Great!!! :) excexcellent response i think.. 

God bless you always

Mike

May i ask please ?  Whyyyyy 2404??????? :)

On 12/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, Michael37 said:

There are some very angry, aggressive, and devious people at large.

I am convinced that God doesn't want His People to be dominated, intimidated, manipulated, or seduced, so when threatened by antagonists I tell them I want to speak to them about the Lord Jesus Christ and proceed to tell them that Christ died for them to take away their sin.

A number of times whilst carrying out my groundkeeping duties when no other staff are present at the government installation I am contracted to, I have been approached in an antisocial and menacing way by transients on site without authorisation. More than once I have been charged at and threatened with violence by an agitated individual who has parked up and left a mess, and been asked to clean it up and stop trespassing. My challenge for him to stop in the name of Jesus Christ has been effective, and my references to his sin being paid for by Jesus Christ on the cross reduced his aggression to belligerently bringing his face to within centremetres of mine, at which time I told him Jesus loved him and I wanted to be his friend. Some interesting dialogue has taken place, with colourful language used to question what I knew about his sin, my answer being again that I knew Christ had died to take away his sin and set him free from it.

With the help of the Holy Spirit these confrontations were de-escalated with plenty of verbal assaults but no actual physical contact, and more signs have been placed to warn such persons to stay off the premises, from which plants, landscape features, and vehicles have been stolen.

Yes!! also i deescalate more than not too :)

Always i respond or react to a situation as a Christian.. Now i have earned respect and not a push over also we are friends .. This is because i can be who. I am as a new person and become all things to all people .. I dont try to be anything i am not because i am a good person through Christ and my trust is in Him not me.. All things work to good for those tgat love Him.. And believe me i have zero regrets because all things have and do work to good.. :)

Mike

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

2 hours ago, Snow said:

hi NConly .. Thank you for your response :)

I have actually read the bible :)

God bless

Mike

I just quoted a verse that help me get through some rough times. I was not  insinuating  you had not read the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

16 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi 2404..

Great!!! :) excexcellent response i think.. 

God bless you always

Mike

May i ask please ?  Whyyyyy 2404??????? :)

Last 4 digits of my old phone number lol.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know, the Bible never says anger is a sin, it's what we do in our anger. 

Men are naturally, more aggressive in how they show their anger. And if they don't learn to control it, it's unhealthy.

Most Christians answer to their anger and aggression is to bottle it up, tamp it down and pray God cures them if it.

And it's rarely effective. Because what happens is usually they bottle it up until they blow up.

A better way to handle it is to learn to channel it. I'm a member of a Facebook group titled "the league of savage gentleman" and it's a group of men who are working on doing just that, being able to control their aggression constructively so that they can control it. If they can control it they know when to respond like a gentleman, and when to let the savage side out if necessary.

And they discuss many ways. Many of them turn to martial arts.

Others into woodwork, art, and other stuff.

I realize it's not a Christian page, but the concept isn't a bad one. God made man with a purpose and he made us the way we are. Instead of bottling our anger we need to learn how to properly channel our aggression in a proper way. Hobbies, whatever. If we can get that aggression out of our system in a positive manner, were more likely to keep our cool when met with difficult people or situations.

For me, it's spending time in the outdoors, usually with firearms, target shooting, hunting, fishing, whatever.

It maybe something totally different for you, but whatever it is, include God.

• Loved it! 1