• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, farouk said:

@NConly Well.....I've heard of stock car racing, I suppose.....a car needs to be beaten up first for that purpose...........

Figure 8 racing is more satisfying.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/3/2023 at 2:02 PM, Renskedejonge said:

Use ear plugs. Helped me very well. You hear it way softer, way easier to ignore and stay calm.

Hi @Renskedejonge This is an interesting practical suggestion...........

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Hi :)

Just to summarise please.. I dont have anger issues at all!!.. I so enjoy my work and am grateful to be healthy and alive..i drive a truck for a living.. I wave at traffic and sing and smile.. I never experience road rage or get angry at other road users.. I am too busy looking at the trees and the bees and the sky.. I looooove life, i love waking up in the morning i love that i can afford to always have coffee :) ( so far ) i l love that i am healthy.. This can all be gone by tomorrow so i just want to enjoy this beautiful life.. I rarely get outraged enough tgat i have no control.. I know when the enemy is working through people and can respond perfectly by Holy Spirit... This is a wonderful feeling to use the Word to repel the enemy not the person the enemy is using.. If you know what i mean??  Occasionally and rarely it is just man to man which i believe is normal.. And is biblically okay..

ouch i thought i list all that but it is still there.. :)

God bless Mike

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

This is a great topic.  I would not over think it at all.  It happens and will continue to happen.  Moses struck a rock, Elijah went head to head against Baal prophets but then ran from Jezebel, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, Abraham did not listen to God and now we have the Middle East, David committed Adultery and Murder, Adam and Eve directly disobeyed God, Samson, Aaron let the Children of Israel make a golden calf and worship it (he had the power of God to stop them), the list continues here.   We know they're all in Heaven with God.

In our current bodies, it's impossible to be perfect even being full of the Spirit of God.   Beating ourselves up will not fix it.   You've done as James suggested and John instructed (Confess your sins).  It's Forgiven!   When it happens again, you just get back up and keep moving forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

There's only One who teaches us how to overcome this flesh, and we will find ourselves tested in this regard by the Lord over and again until we learn. Tested --- not a quiz or "pass and fail" scenario --- but rather, tested as gold is tried. I said much the same to myself: I'm not easily moved to wrathful violence, but I didn't understand until the test came. 

When I was faced with unspeakable evil done by a man against a helpless elderly woman, this was that test. It was out in the literal middle of nowhere, a place where people disappear without a trace every year. The Zeta cartel and their MS-16 accomplices dispose of people in that place with impunity. Bodies are never found up there. 

A man from the nearby village gave me a firearm one day, mentioning those cliffs and rugged canyons just up the dirt road from her land. Bear, cougar, and other predators lived deeper in that wilderness. I could erase that violent felon's stain from this earth (he had a lengthy rap sheet) and no one would be the wiser. No one, that is, except for my Lord from whom nothing is hidden. 

The test: I had that man's life in my hands. That poor soul was only one of many whom he had preyed upon and to rub salt in the wound, he had stolen some of her personal property that was dear to her. I will not lie, my friends. The blood boiled in my veins in outrage, so I started surveillance of this criminal whenever he showed his face in those parts. He never knew that I was less than 20 feet away from him. I realized that it would be entirely too easy to do the deed... he would never see me coming until it was too late. 

That was my weakness. I've never cared about what others do to me --- I have been spit on, kicked, and cursed by my own mother who hated me --- but the suffering of others strikes deeply. I can't bear to stand idly by while others are terrorized without acting, and this was an elderly woman who was abandoned by her children and family. They left her up there to die alone in fear. I had to do something!

The test revealed what the Lord intended for me to do: I was not an avenger, for her sake nor for His, for vengeance belongs to the Lord alone. It's not my place. This was revealed when everything came to a head late one night. I waged war against my burning desire to end this man's life and the certain knowledge that I would not and could not kill him. The latter prevailed, and this pleased the Lord greatly. What was the purpose of this test, then?

To see for myself what the Lord surely knew, which was why He brought me to this woman in the first place. If this man came for her life, I would stand in her place while she made good her escape. I'm not afraid of death. I returned the firearm with my thanks to the elder who had passed it to me. It served its purpose. :) 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

-

Edited by Renskedejonge
Never mind. Too much personal info and I cant change my username here.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

On 12/13/2023 at 12:39 AM, uncle_mike said:

This is a great topic.  I would not over think it at all.  It happens and will continue to happen.  Moses struck a rock, Elijah went head to head against Baal prophets but then ran from Jezebel, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, Abraham did not listen to God and now we have the Middle East, David committed Adultery and Murder, Adam and Eve directly disobeyed God, Samson, Aaron let the Children of Israel make a golden calf and worship it (he had the power of God to stop them), the list continues here.   We know they're all in Heaven with God.

In our current bodies, it's impossible to be perfect even being full of the Spirit of God.   Beating ourselves up will not fix it.   You've done as James suggested and John instructed (Confess your sins).  It's Forgiven!   When it happens again, you just get back up and keep moving forward.

Hi .. :) i kkinda get what younare saying.. But i think a little off.. For a quick example Moses struck the rock because it is tjought he vecame proud.. But Moses did get outraged and killed an Evyptian.. And so on and so forth.. 

God bless 

Mike

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Lisa Bevere said that you shouldn't excuse it. She has a great testimony of how she got rid of anger and she had it very bad.

A guy on christian forums years ago, it was not about anger, but something else, said that he had to confess that he died and rose with Christ.