IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Let's go into Hebrews, because Paul explained this in; (Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The point that is not understood is that we all have sin, but until Jesus came, there was no way of getting out from under your sins. So God institute a Priesthood and laws that went with the priesthood to control the sinning, and so the Lord use animal Sacrificial laws, even though it could not remove sins.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (20) by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (21) and having an high priest over the house of God; (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. 

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation). 

Paul did not write letters to Hebrews(?). Paul wrote letters to the churches he established. He wrote letters address to a specific church he help to establish. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, Snow said:

Hi, :)

I havent read any of the posts!! So sorry..:) love you all..

To me if Christmas goes tge world loses the birth of our Savior... It is a great time to spread His Word ... I dont want to imagine the world eithout Christmas.. To me that will be the beginning of sorrows.. 

Mike

I love you guys

Just spread the word a minute ago because of Cheistmas :)

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Snow said:

Just spread the word a minute ago because of Cheistmas :)

This man who was from God, God has glorify in the Heavens and he has given to him all his Theotis and all Power and Dominion in Heaven and on Earth and in all things under the earth and Heaven it's his, His Inheritance from God the Father and not only for him as not to be lonely but also he made his children, everyone who believes in him co-heir of Heaven together with him. The glorious Jesus Christ who opened the way to Heaven for humanity for everyone who believes in him by dieing on the Cross for the forgiveness of the sins of the whole world. So we know our what is our Inheritance after our physical death when we shed off this earthly tabernacle, it is with Jesus Christ to our Heavenly Inheritance in his name. In the name of the Slain Lamb of God who died for the Atonement of our sins. And now is in Heaven and God made him Lord and the Judge of all people of the world. Believers in Jesus Christ do not be afraid that time Jesus will welcome you to your Heavenly Inheritance which is waiting for you and your family. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

17 hours ago, Yes, and said:

@ Bro.Tan: having followed along and read through your comments, I feel very much like Paul must have felt when he confronted Cephas, as Paul describes in Gal 2:11 and following. Indeed, were you to come to my own town I feel I would have to "oppose you to your face." Your words, I fear, do nothing but draw attention away from the finished work of our Lord. The net result seems strikingly similar to what Paul describes a few verses earlier (Gal 2:4): it comes off as an attempt to bring the faithful into bondage. But I, like Paul, and many here who have patiently tried to respond to you, "will not yield in subjection to you for even an hour" (v. 5 paraphrased). Paul goes to great length in almost the entire letter to the Galatians to refute the Judaizers, "so that the truth of the gospel might remain with [the Galatians.]"

I have no doubt whatsoever that you read that epistle and likely the entirety of the NT in a completely different way (as evidenced by your take on Hebrews—a complete misunderstanding of the thrust of that letter), such that my words will have no effect. Still, I felt compelled to try. Take just Hebrews 3:18-19, for example. You argue that not following all the commandments (now giving an exception to the sacrificial laws!) is the basis for eternal damnation, but here the writer makes a direct connection between unbelief and disobedience. That is, those who fell, and those who fall, are those who simply will not believe in God, in the work that He accomplishes, and the work that he has fully and completely accomplished in his son. No, instead your words serve only to draw the focus off  of Jesus and his sacrifice on our behalf, back into the Law—and you can not see this! You tell us we face mortal danger because we put a tree in our homes (that tree is meaningless and those who put their faith in Christ's finished work know this). Rather, I tell you that you are in mortal peril because your word is ultimately not the good news about Jesus. Instead it is everything but, potentially leading one away from the Lord and resting in His work.

So here's an interesting off-topic question which I have thought about recently, and thought about as the basis for a new thread: do "wolves in sheep's clothing" know they are wolves? I mean by this: if a wolf is wearing sheep's clothing and he looks in a mirror, what does he see? Does he see a wolf or does he see a sheep? Because this wolf lives by deception does that deception extend to himself? What does he ultimately believe about himself?

@Bro.Tan this puts into words perfectly what I was thinking.  What you espouse is indeed "another gospel" - one of legalism, which born-again believers in Christ have been freed from.  It puts bondage on others that the Lord died to remove.

While I am not a strong advocate (by any means) for celebrating the Christmas holiday we have now, saying those who do are in peril of eternal damnation, is a gross misrepresentation of the love and work of Christ and our freedom in Him!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

8 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

@Bro.Tan this puts into words perfectly what I was thinking.  What you espouse is indeed "another gospel" - one of legalism, which born-again believers in Christ have been freed from.  It puts bondage on others that the Lord died to remove.

While I am not a strong advocate (by any means) for celebrating the Christmas holiday we have now, saying those who do are in peril of eternal damnation, is a gross misrepresentation of the love and work of Christ and our freedom in Him!

Let's take a look at what was said in 1 John 2: Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

Paul says in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17) 

So if I'm a legalist because I follow the word of God, so be it. Better then being a illegalist. No prophet, apostles, even Jesus dealt with paganism, they all kept the Commandments, statues and judgements. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. (1John 2: 5,6)

21 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Paul did not write letters to Hebrews(?). Paul wrote letters to the churches he established. He wrote letters address to a specific church he help to establish. 

Thank you for response, peace in Jesus name

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Christmas has become an utterly secular holiday. Most Americans forget the entire point of the holiday. The mass consumerism is appalling and sad. We must remember to be grateful and joyous during this time of the year. Many deaths happen during the holiday season. We must not take our lives for granted and we must thank the Lord for all He has blessed us with.

21 hours ago, Sower said:

I would consider your request more willingly, Bro Tan, should you answer my and other posters how you personally keep the sabbath that you say that all new testament believers are required to do according to your understanding of scripture. Evading the question causes us to wonder and I would rather actually hear what you have to say.

How do you personally celebrate the sabbath, from sundown to sundown?  Do you fulfill the requirements as did OT believers? A very simple and appropriate question.

Thanks, Bro Tan...         (Third and last request)...:)

The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Leviticus 23rd)

In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 58: 13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

In Exodus 16: 22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses. 23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

The mistletoe was a sacred plant in the pagan religion of the Druids in Britain. It was believed to have all sorts of miraculous qualities: the power of healing diseases, making poisons harmless, giving fertility to humans and animals, protecting from witchcraft, banning evil spirits, bringing good luck and great blessings. In fact, the mistletoe was considered so sacred that even enemies who happened to meet beneath mistletoe in the forest would lay down their arms, exchange a friendly greeting, and keep a truce until the following day. From this old custom grew the practice of suspending mistletoe over a doorway or in a room as a token of good will and peace to all comers. The kiss under the mistletoe; the token of good will and friendship; the omen of happiness and good luck and the new religious significance.

6 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Thank you for response, peace in Jesus name

In the book of Hebrews the believers in Jesus Christ were living under the strict rules of the Sinai Covenant in City and villages where everyone was keeping the religious Calendar given to them under the Sinai Covenant. And their was not religious freedom at that time and everyone who lived in their cities had to abide by the same rules regarding the keeping of the Sabath and regarding visiting the Temple and if they did not keep the Sabath or abide by their cleansing rituals they were Judge by the religious authorities and by their own families who were abiding to the rules of the Sinai Covenant. The believers in Jesus Christ they had to follow the rules of the Coverning religious authorities if not they were accountable to them and also to their Jewish families. The were not given the choice. They were compelled to keep the Sabath and to abide by the cleansing rules and the rules for visiting the Temple but you are not in their situations why then do you want to live like you are a Jew and you are in their similar situations. Compelled to abide by the religious rules of your family and your community like the Hebrews believers were. Are you married to a Jewish wife? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt