IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Sower said:

"more truthful if you post the rest of what I said"

Your reply was more than forty lines long. I read your first words and decided how cool it would be to respond in kind to those. Didn't know you were actually being sarcastic. I did not read the rest of it, nor even consider as you have been given many scriptures already to think about.

“Tis the season to be jolly.” Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men.

I honestly thought we might have shared a little peace, brother, not confrontation.

I bow out, conceding, you won. And Goodwill to all men...default_cool2.gif.6936d34ea61a814502e11ba001739aca.gif

Jesus says in Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD(James 2:20).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Jesus says in Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD(James 2:20).

"DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it"
default_thumbsup.gif.135b442bb94e1e6d25dac91b68b1d073.gif   Well said, and with that, I rest my case

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Usually.

“Tis the season to be jolly.”
"Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men

Why not give it a try .....default_cool2.gif.68e8c1ef5ef385c6089af134d0301644.gif

Remember, every day,
      This is the day the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it"
(Psalm 118: 24).

It's OK to Chill out, brother..

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Sower said:

"DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it"
default_thumbsup.gif.135b442bb94e1e6d25dac91b68b1d073.gif   Well said, and with that, I rest my case

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Usually.

“Tis the season to be jolly.”
"Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men

Why not give it a try .....default_cool2.gif.68e8c1ef5ef385c6089af134d0301644.gif

Remember, every day,
      This is the day the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it"
(Psalm 118: 24).

It's OK to Chill out, brother..

In the scripture it's written in Eccesiates 3: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I don't want to see people going down the wrong path, so this is the time, like Paul says in 2 Timothy 4: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.