• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

it sounds like you are in a resting...healing ....state of mind to me

you feel nothing and to you that is good because you also dont feel worry ...condemnation...or pain...

while you may have 'thrown out the baby with the bathwater' so to speak...i feel this is a phase of your healing process

remember the poem 'FOOTPRINTS'

it was when he didnt 'feel' God ....that was the time God was carrying him...

Christ may not seem real to you right now but that is because He is carrying you

HE is real...and when you do 'feel' Him again ...and you will...He will melt your heart at how He has never left you...but gave you time to heal and just be...because He knows what you need and He knows where you are going...

sometimes God seems silent to me...i dont know why but i have also heard other christians say this in their life...but when He does show up He shows up in strong and amazing ways...

sounds like you are like a newborn baby ...sleeping like a baby... resting in assurance...yet not feeling worried or concerned about anything in particular...

the time will come when you feel strong enough to want to feel something again and God can restore your joy as if you were a little child

God bless you and keep you and just know

you dont have to feel Him right now...because He is carrying you...whether you know it, believe it or not..

HE is ruler of all and HE loves you and me ....and that is amazing!

much love and prayers for you..

Hi,

AMEN!!! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sounds like you had a big dose of pretty toxic religion mixed with some real Jesus in the past, and you've sort of thrown out the baby with the bathwater.

Look, you've obviously gone through some pretty heavy duty things in life, and I think God has broader shoulders than to hold your current feelings against you.

I'm a Priest with over 30 years' Ministry experience. If you like, PM me and we can speak as much as you like.

Every blessing,

Fr. Onesimus

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Is it just Jesus or is this apathy spilling over into your life in other areas as well?

Are you on medications of any sort?

Are you having problems with the foundations of the Christian faith or just not feeling very spiritual.

If you weren't concerned at all with not missing Jesus then you'd not be here asking this question, so some part of you truly wants to feel as you've felt some time before.

More background is needed though to offer sound advice, but I will pray for you.

Precious Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

I have read your messages and I feel that it is okay and even healthy not to feel anything right now.

I am sooo untrusting of God and the people I trusted for fellowship and affirmation

I am a widow and had hoped for fellowship for myself and my children as I reared them, But, we were not accepted and my children though saved, do not trust God. They are "Headshy" about feeling His spirit in their hearts like I am. They are young adults now on their own, and God is an institution where they are not wanted or welcome. Church is a place where only certain people are accepted. Fellowship is a scam to them.

Your messages and personal testimonies have helped to feel okay with feeling nothing right now. I do feel pushed to feel something, faithful, obedient, no pain, no hurt, but these are not real to me.

Truthfully, I can sometimes talk to God, but talking to Jesus is like talking to a person who cannot keep their promises. He is no longer real to me.

I believe that God is carrying me in somemanner, and healing is like having small annd large fires of pain reducing.

All this dosen't let my mind rest sometimes. I now have more days together of rest than I did before, but I realzie it will take time.

Iknow the word, scriptures and can advise, and am surprised to find myself witnessing or counseling. I do not do this very often. I am careful.

I am glad to have read your messages, they helped me to feel better about what alot of you have beenthrough.

Respectfully, GentlesoundGS

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

GS, the anchor holds though the ship is battered. Im praying for you and yours. You know, God calls his sons and daugters out to the wilderness. Thats where we are fed by Him alone. It can be dry, you can be thirsty, and you may also feel alone. But thats where He meets us, provides His living water, shelters us from the heat, and feeds us.

People will let you down, but not God. He is an ever present help in times of trouble. Be blessed and rejoice. For He loves you dearly. Shalom

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

am a widow and had hoped for fellowship for myself and my children as I reared them, But, we were not accepted and my children though saved, do not trust God. They are "Headshy" about feeling His spirit in their hearts like I am. They are young adults now on their own, and God is an institution where they are not wanted or welcome. Church is a place where only certain people are accepted. Fellowship is a scam to them.

Maybe your children feel that way because they are learning it from you. Or listening to you saying negative things about God and church.

God will NEVER ever let you down my friend. People will. Christians arent perfect, they just love a God who is. People will let you down. You cannot go about blaming God for your misfortune. The devil loves that so much, it means he can keep you. he can keep on making your life "unfortunate and self pitty - justified". You need to get into your bible and read all the promises God has in it for you. Jesus came so that you may have life and have it in ABUNDANCE, he will NEVER leave you or forsake you. Regardless of what you think, it is not Jesus plan, idea or will to make you miserable and untrusting of Him. Thats the devils plan and your falling for it.

I will be praying for you and your children. Please know that God never left you, and never will. He loves you and wants you to be happy and to go in peace. Peace means nothing missing and nothing broken in your life. Restoration starts with Jesus. If we cant trust God, we have nothing. People, are going to do yucky things, but God is a mighty, awesome, loving, compassionate, promise giving God who is the restorer of life and our fountain of love, blessing and wisdom.

Repent of your mistrust, talk to your kids, and say hi to Jesus. He's waiting to help you. all you need to do is ask and trust. God is a GOOD GOD. Just look at the bible. youll see that.