IGNORED

What purpose is God carrying out during the Millennial Kingdom?

Paul River

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Paul River said:

We see the timeline of this 1000-year reign of Messiah in Revelation 20:4 - 6 "Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

So for those blessed individuals who will "Rule and Reign" with our Messiah, this event is known as the "First Resurrection" and will be for the ones who "Overcome" "He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS; AND HE SHALL RULE THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON, AS THE VESSELS OF THE POTTER ARE BROKEN TO PIECES, as I also have received authority from My Fathe" Revelation 2:26-27
Included in this ruling class of resurrected and glorified saints that will "Rule and Reign" with Messiah would be the 144,000 messianic saints as they will be the "first fruits to God and to the Lamb" Rev 14:4

But more will be included other than these select few in the ruling class. All of those true believers who live through the tribulation will be brought into the Kingdom.

Mat 25:31 - 34 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Included among those who will transition over to the Millennial Kingdom will be every living Israeli (Romans 11:26) who has been saved at his coming (Rev 19)

The 144,000 are Jewish evangelists during the Tribulation. Their "special" status as rulers during the millennium is a Jehovah's Witness belief. All faithful believers in Christ will play a rulership role in the millennium and New Earth.

25 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I was under the impression that Jesus would rest on the sabbath day.I mean  I still believe he would pull his donkey out of a ditch but I expected that most of his work would be finished.

He finished his work, but he no doubt observed many Sabbath's during his life on earth. He said "it is finished" 2,000 years ago. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

He finished his work, but he no doubt observed many Sabbath's during his life on earth. He said "it is finished" 2,000 years ago. 

You obviously dont know what work he is performing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

One of my views as being different than most is I see the millinial kingdom as a kingdom being with borders  There are them who remain in the kingdom,and those who are cast out.Those who go into exile.

You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
    the pedestal of your idols,
    the star of your god[b]
    which you made for yourselves.
27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,
    says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

From my understanding,the borders are from the Euphrates river to the Nile river.

23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance

You are correct - Israel's inheritance is from the Gihan or Blue Nile to the Tigris River . . . the same area that the new Jerusalem will take up.

7 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I also see that millennium as being the Lords Sabbath.

Mathew 12:8 - For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Yes, it is a Shabbat rest after all of the drama of the tribulation. I see it as more of a Sukkot period, knowing that this is the Feast that takes us back to the garden, but Shabbat rest works as well.

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The 144,000 are Jewish evangelists during the Tribulation. Their "special" status as rulers during the millennium is a Jehovah's Witness belief. All faithful believers in Christ will play a rulership role in the millennium and New Earth.

There is nothing in the text that says the 144,000 are Jewish evangelists. Nada! It's a myth! What they are is found in Jude 14, 15 and because they are defined as Firstfruits in Revelation 14:4 means they are resurrected, glorified saints.

Those who will rule with Christ in Rev 2:26 are the ones who overcome, as is the case of those who are in the Rev 20:4 passage

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You obviously dont know what work he is performing.

Do you? Scripture please on what Jesus is doing right now. Because in John he said he was going to prepare a place for us. Is there something else?

31 minutes ago, Paul River said:

There is nothing in the text that says the 144,000 are Jewish evangelists. Nada! It's a myth! What they are is found in Jude 14, 15 and because they are defined as Firstfruits in Revelation 14:4 means they are resurrected, glorified saints.

Those who will rule with Christ in Rev 2:26 are the ones who overcome, as is the case of those who are in the Rev 20:4 passage

Actually if you read chapters 7 & 14, it says the 144,000 witnesses come from the 12 tribes of Israel. That means NONE of the 144,000 are Gentiles. They are ALL Jews. It also says they came from the great Tribulation, meaning none of them are past saints. Some may be alive today but they are not yet saved since they will be here for the Tribulation. They are also virgins since it says they haven't defined themselves with women. So the 144,000 are an EXTREMELY unique group of people. I know I've never met one and I'm very glad I'm not one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Do you? Scripture please on what Jesus is doing right now. Because in John he said he was going to prepare a place for us. Is there something else?

You quoted what Jesus said he would be doing.But you ignored him.

10 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You quoted what Jesus said he would be doing.But you ignored him.

How did I ignore him? Please explain.