Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I think we all have our buttons...With Gary it's the government; with me it's kids being harmed...

It may have to do with our past experiences...certainly, if you have a mother who lost a child to a drunk driver...that'd be her "button"...

What I'm saying is that there are those things which give us cause to feel real anger.

It seemed that this was also true of the Lord - EX: the disciples withholding the children from him; the moneychangers; the Pharisees.

The topic of anger is not often discussed.

It's so frustrating because we really struggle with such things because they're not pleasant, yet we all ... struggle with these emotions from time to time.

We're not well equipped to discuss them, it seems.

It's sorta like sex; Christian teens have these same hormonal tendencies but are scared to discuss it because "we just don't talk about these things."

Anger, sex...things we all experience at some level but topics that are often avoided.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I wasn't angry at the time of my post...just wanting to present the side that shows just cause for anger...

And also note that the Lord Himself burns with anger...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Yes He does! And that is why I also have an understanding and fear of that wrath, for it is awesome.

I am in agreement with you Cat, have been all along.

:il:

I'm just saying that we have to be slow to anger, for that is how our Father is. And we must make sure it is just cause, which in the case of what you are talking about "is".

In His Love,

Suzanne

I also have a reverence and fear of Him...so I try to keep my nose clean... :laugh:

Guest shadow2b
I also have a reverence and fear of Him...so I try to keep my nose clean... :t2:

WannA borrow my hankie cats,it's just out of the dryer & all clean & I-ron-ED??????? :t2::t2:

on the serious side tho-----I kind-a- think-- too many times preachers teach that having a "FEAR" of GOD means to REVERENCE HIM--which is true BUT not all the time--I think sometimes in GOD'S WORD when it states FEAR GOD!!!--IT MEANS EXACTLY that---FEAR GOD-- SOOOooo, I DO~~~ GOD-BLESS----{Gary} :t2:

Guest shadow2b
ooooooppppppppppssssssss---where did i lose focus????????----uhhhhhhhhh--suzanne--could you please "SEND ME" some of uuuuhhhhhh--whatever "THAT" is you have???????? restraint??wisdom?? self control?? Ahhhhhhhhhh~~~~ walking in the "SPIRIT"~~~~~~"THAT" is where i'm going wrong???????

as in "NOT"-------------------------GOD-BLESS------------------------{Gary}---

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

WHAT is righteous anger? I've heard of it but what is it actually?

When is it appropriate?

I know that there are times when the Lord burned with anger. I know there are times when Jesus seemed quite angry or at least irritated with some people, (Pharisees in particular).

So if the Lord was angry, being angry can't be a sin unless we let the sun go down on our anger.

However, how do you balance anger with "loving" others?

It is perfectly ok to be angry for righteousness' sake (or you can say this is the anger of the Spirit). The bible even says in...

Ephesians 4:26

BE ANGRY, and yet do not sin, do not let the sun go down on your anger,

This kind of anger is for righteousness' sake (a Holy Spiritual anger) but we are warned to not let it cause us to sin or let the sun go down on it. Don't let satan use it against us.

Now there is another kind of anger mentioned in the bible and that is the kind of anger that we should not allow in our lives...

The anger of the flesh!

Read Gal. 5:19-21

I think that kind (fleshly) of anger stems from malice or wicked thoughts.

The kind I believe is a godly anger is like this...

I found myself really angry because I someone on the boards (who said they were Christian) was trying to justify public nudity. *(I nearly fell off my chair).

The topic had to do with allowing children to go to these nudist camps and when a couple of people (Christians?) endorsed such a heinous practice...I lost it!

I thought, "Who on earth would send their child naked to a camp with the potential of becoming 'eye candy' to some sexual predator?" GMAB!

So, needless to say...I was not just angry; I was furious! When injustice is done and the innocent are assaulted, I feel my blood boil. I noticed the same response when people take advantage of the elderly. Cruelty in any form sets me off.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  329
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think that kind (fleshly) of anger stems from malice or wicked thoughts.

Fleshly anger roots from selfishness or self-centeredness.

Spiritual Anger roots from God's righteousness.

... and you were angry because of God's righteousness.