• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Just wanted to get this off my chest

I have been using this dating app named Christian Cafe for over a year now. In my time on Christian Cafe I have had extensive texting/relationship with 3 women on 3 separate occasions. 

The first one lied that she was doing a PhD and that she got a prestigious scholarship for her research. Turns out she was just a Research Assistant. This one was the girlfriend now ex that I have posted about earlier posts.

The second one lied that she had a 100,000 Euros in savings and owned an apartment. Turns out she didn't even own a laptop.

The third one lied that she was an AI expert. Turns out she knew nothing about the subject.

It took some detective work to figure out these things. Looks like if I stay on Christian Cafe for a few more years I'll become an expert detective... :D :D 

I have taken an indefinite break from the app.

Edited by SIC
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

LOL I went there once ages ago. I think I only met scammers. I dedicated a song to them, the Smashmouth version of I'm a believer, cause they always stole someone else's face from Facebook.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

I'm way past the age of being concerned with such things, but let me ask those who aren't:  What does anybody hope to gain by misrepresenting themself as something they are not?

1 minute ago, FJK said:

I'm way past the age of being concerned with such things, but let me ask those who aren't:  What does anybody hope to gain by misrepresenting themself as something they are not?

I think  No.1 and No.2 were hoping to keep up the facade till I propose... 

Both tried to escalate the relationship much faster than normal

28 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

LOL I went there once ages ago. I think I only met scammers. I dedicated a song to them, the Smashmouth version of I'm a believer, cause they always stole someone else's face from Facebook.

How exactly did you dedicate?

17 minutes ago, SIC said:

How exactly did you dedicate?

I'm not sure if it was on christian cafe or another one, but they also had a forum where you could just make a topic and do that. I dedicate this song to the friendly scammers here.

• Haha 1

I didn't expect that on a christian site. One would come fly over the ocean from the West coast of America with his private helicopter or whatever and then he'd pick me up in Holland to go to a restaurant in France. And I was so dumb. I just believed that. But he didn't hurry up with answering and he sent standard emails, not responding to what I said, of course, poor guy had to entertain 20 women at the same time, so after a few hours I lost interest and did a reverse search and found out they steal pics. It was quite creative though, his story. That pic was also on Dr. Phil with these women who fell for it and sent em thousands.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

I posted all real pictures on a free dating website in my twenties, and got insulted in the forums as well as not believed they were me. People thought I was cat fishing, but were also insulting my appearance at the same time ? ? ? ? It didn't make much sense to me, I would figure if I was unattractive, then I would not have chosen that picture ! Or do I have it backwards ? ! ? :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

I didn't expect that on a christian site. One would come fly over the ocean from the West coast of America with his private helicopter or whatever and then he'd pick me up in Holland to go to a restaurant in France. And I was so dumb. I just believed that. But he didn't hurry up with answering and he sent standard emails, not responding to what I said, of course, poor guy had to entertain 20 women at the same time, so after a few hours I lost interest and did a reverse search and found out they steal pics. It was quite creative though, his story. That pic was also on Dr. Phil with these women who fell for it and sent em thousands.

Sadly, in some churches similarly, some preachers seem to "make it up as they go along", rather than being demonstrably Scripture based in their sermons.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

I was texting with this guy in this classical guitar class in community college, and two semesters later I ended up failing music theory. I don't know if he was the cause, but he certainly was a distraction.

The only thing I have to show from it is a C in music theory, and a B in Aural Perception. 

He then later, On Facebook, Suggested I get a theory book and stay home. Oddly enough, some of the best life advice given to me have been given to me by a man being a jerk to me. Or plural, if you must.

Screenshot_20231217-064542.jpg

Edited by believeinHim
  • Interesting! 1