IGNORED

WorthyNews:US ‘To Surpass China’ In Rare Earth Minerals After Massive Discoveries

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.43
  • Content Count:  44,622
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

WASHINGTON/BEIJING (Worthy News) – The United States could soon surpass China as the world leader in rare earth minerals after more than 2.34 billion metric tons were discovered in the U.S. state of Wyoming, officials said Thursday.

American Rare Earths Inc. announced that the reserves near Wheatland dramatically surpass the Communist-run Asian nation’s 44 million metric tons.

The firm added that the discovery “exceeded our wildest dreams” after drilling only about 25 percent of the property.

The company has a stake in 367 mining claims across 6,320 acres of land in the Halleck Creek Project, along with four Wyoming mineral leases on 1,844 acres on the same project now called Cowboy State Mine, Worthy News learned.

It came as good news for Randall Atkins, 71, who bought the Brook Mine 12 years ago, but only recently, researchers found the ground contained rare earth elements

His rare earth elements can be sold for over $1 million per metric ton. Atkins bought the old Wyoming coal mine sight unseen for $2 million.

He has now learned it may contain $37 billion worth of ‘rare earth’ minerals.

The types of minerals at the site are used in smartphones, hybrid car motors, and military technologies – among others.

As much as 95 percent of processed rare earth minerals come from China – and the U.S. imports 74 percent of its supply from the nation.

But the latest finds in Wyoming could change America’s fortunes and help it compete with China at a time of growing geopolitical tensions, the data suggest.

The post US ‘To Surpass China’ In Rare Earth Minerals After Massive Discoveries appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Content Per Day:  2.74
  • Days Won:  0

They will sale it off .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  1

The most current resource is based on only 70 drill holes, less than 10,000 metres. That seems a bit thin. The consultants that did that work are recognized in the industry so I guess they can justify it, but based on my experience, I would want probably at least 10 times the amount of drill holes. The resource is considered measured and indicated. That needs to be upgraded to proven and probable, classifications that take into all economic concerns including extraction, recovery, processing, marketing and sales and reclamation.

The grades seem reasonable for such a large tonnage deposit.

5 hours ago, NConly said:

They will sale it off .

I think the US government would probably not want to allow any sale to proceed to a competitor based in China or any other unfriendly jurisdiction. There are several European and American companies that deal with these type of elements.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

8 hours ago, WorthyNewsBot said:

By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

WASHINGTON/BEIJING (Worthy News) – The United States could soon surpass China as the world leader in rare earth minerals after more than 2.34 billion metric tons were discovered in the U.S. state of Wyoming, officials said Thursday.

American Rare Earths Inc. announced that the reserves near Wheatland dramatically surpass the Communist-run Asian nation’s 44 million metric tons.

The firm added that the discovery “exceeded our wildest dreams” after drilling only about 25 percent of the property.

The company has a stake in 367 mining claims across 6,320 acres of land in the Halleck Creek Project, along with four Wyoming mineral leases on 1,844 acres on the same project now called Cowboy State Mine, Worthy News learned.

It came as good news for Randall Atkins, 71, who bought the Brook Mine 12 years ago, but only recently, researchers found the ground contained rare earth elements

His rare earth elements can be sold for over $1 million per metric ton. Atkins bought the old Wyoming coal mine sight unseen for $2 million.

He has now learned it may contain $37 billion worth of ‘rare earth’ minerals.

The types of minerals at the site are used in smartphones, hybrid car motors, and military technologies – among others.

As much as 95 percent of processed rare earth minerals come from China – and the U.S. imports 74 percent of its supply from the nation.

But the latest finds in Wyoming could change America’s fortunes and help it compete with China at a time of growing geopolitical tensions, the data suggest.

The post US ‘To Surpass China’ In Rare Earth Minerals After Massive Discoveries appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

There are a number of locations in the US with rare earths. However, the greater problem comes with the mining and processing, which requires lots of water and creates a great amount of pollutants. Not a problem in China, but a big problem in the American west. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Not that it matters, the Biden crime family will either find a way to sell the mines to China or ensure that we can't mine them.

• Thumbs Up 1